Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Welcome to 2009 PE?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2009, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Welcome to 2009 PE?

I just got an email from NWA saying "Congratulations and welcome to WorldPerks Platinum Elite Status". They have the balls to say "Starting March 1, 2009, you will enjoy more convenience, more comfort and more rewards with Platinum Elite status for the 2009 program year." -- more comfort and rewards with having to pay new fees for the first time ever (e.g. award change fees)? Please, I wish they would stop insulting us.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Excess funds are a heavy burden. With JeffBob's guideance, your load shall surely be lifted.

Last edited by MikeMpls; Jan 8, 2009 at 9:58 pm
Old Jan 8, 2009, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Good point. I totaled it up, and last year NW (only, not including any partner spend) unburdened me of $33,000+. I should be extremely grateful that they will help me unburden myself of a few hundred more.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:10 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS, AA, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, AMEX
Welcome to 2009 SE...(not GE in my case)

...just got the SE (not GE) e-mail...I suspect that there is more IT/programming to this than meets the eye...while I "will be" SE effective 3/1/09, I am "pond scum" (DL FO/Silver Medallion ending 2/09 and I did NOT requal for 2009) now, and, as noted, did _not_ requal via DL miles, I _did_ have 20K DL MQM thru Amex spend (and 0 BIS DL miles)...but I also spent close to $8K on NW from 9/08 - 12/08 w/~16K BIS, high-$ miles...so far, I am a happy camper with this news...now I just have to get a couple MRs done to make it to GE ASAP...guess I better get back in touch with the MSP FTers...SchmutzigMSP, MikeMpls, Lehava...where are you??

Last edited by ninimiller; Jan 8, 2009 at 10:18 pm
Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

SFO/SJC

Don't read too much into the wording, I don't think they had a separate template for whether you're currently elite or not. It was all future tense in mine (even though I've been PE for quite a while)

Dear ifette,

On behalf of Northwest Airlines® and Delta Air Lines®, welcome to the 2009 Platinum Elite program! Soon you'll be receiving your WorldPerks credentials, including your Platinum Elite membership card and tags. Also, you can pick up complimentary luggage straps at any domestic WorldClubs® lounge. Starting March 1, 2009, you will enjoy more convenience, more comfort and more rewards with Platinum Elite status for the 2009 program year.

Our most valued members deserve special recognition. Please enjoy the benefits and privileges WorldPerks Platinum Elite status offers. You've earned them.

Regards,

Bob Soukup
Managing Director
WorldPerks Marketing
(They're not even mailing the luggage straps again - you have to pick them up in a WC. lol.)
Old Jan 9, 2009, 3:46 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
last year of Worldperks Credentials?

Just when I thought we were all Platinum Medallion, this email arrives to my inbox. So are we still considered Worldperks Platinum Elites and are obtaining Worldperks credentials or are we really getting Skymiles Credentials? So confusing.....

Jiburi
Old Jan 9, 2009, 5:13 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ifette
I just got an email from NWA saying "Congratulations and welcome to WorldPerks Platinum Elite Status". They have the balls to say "Starting March 1, 2009, you will enjoy more convenience, more comfort and more rewards with Platinum Elite status for the 2009 program year." -- more comfort and rewards with having to pay new fees for the first time ever (e.g. award change fees)? Please, I wish they would stop insulting us.
Given DL management knows that so many customers have been putting up with so much of the abuse without making a clean break from the repeated batterings, is it any surprise that DL management continues to push the limits even further while using the same old empty words of apologies and excuses?

Picking up luggage tag straps in the WorldClub lounges is amusing. Is this a way to try to market the WorldClubs to the many NW elites who don't have a membership? When will the first DL-NW elite trying to pick up tag straps at the WorldClubs be told they are not allowed in and that the lounge is out of them?

Last edited by GUWonder; Jan 9, 2009 at 6:00 am
Old Jan 9, 2009, 5:55 am

Programs: AC SE100K, HH G
Originally Posted by ifette
(They're not even mailing the luggage straps again - you have to pick them up in a WC. lol.)
And again I'm not going to bother picking them up: the straps from the 2008 tags are fully compatible with the 2009 tags.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 7:19 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
When you show up at the club, you have to sign a form authorizing the deduction of 1000 miles from your account for each strap you request. An enhancement for PE, it's only 750!
Old Jan 9, 2009, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Given DL management knows that so many customers have been putting up with so much of the abuse without making a clean break from the repeated batterings, is it any surprise that DL management continues to push the limits even further while using the same old empty words of apologies and excuses?

Picking up luggage tag straps in the WorldClub lounges is amusing. Is this a way to try to market the WorldClubs to the many NW elites who don't have a membership? When will the first DL-NW elite trying to pick up tag straps at the WorldClubs be told they are not allowed in and that the lounge is out of them?
There's more to it. A couple years ago it cost them many thousands in extra postage when the straps (the ones with the little buckles) made the packets too thick for the optimal postage rates.

Last year the found a substitute that was thin enough but most people couldn't figure out how it worked until Scoop I posted instructions.

Those were the only 2 years NW tried including straps in the packets. Now they've gone back to the old way (pick them up in a lounge) which I think most of us will agree worked much better.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 10:35 am

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
I'm sure they will have all the money to mail straps with all the award change fees they are hitting plats with now..>!
Old Jan 9, 2009, 10:42 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by davetravels
When you show up at the club, you have to sign a form authorizing the deduction of 1000 miles from your account for each strap you request. An enhancement for PE, it's only 750!
WT__?! Seriously. Seriously?!
Old Jan 9, 2009, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by boxo
WT__?! Seriously. Seriously?!
No. They were being facetious.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 12:59 pm

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, DL PM
Originally Posted by jiburi
Just when I thought we were all Platinum Medallion, this email arrives to my inbox. So are we still considered Worldperks Platinum Elites and are obtaining Worldperks credentials or are we really getting Skymiles Credentials? So confusing.....

Jiburi
We won't be considered medallions until the end of the year when the programs merge.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
For most PEs, 2009 PE will be a shell of being a 2008 PE given all the changes (mostly for the worse).

Welcome to DL, where the customers are seen as the enemy or sheep to be fleeced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.