Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

[CONFIRMED] 1/6/09 NW E-mail: Plats to Pay $100 for Award Ticket Redeposits Beg 3/1

[CONFIRMED] 1/6/09 NW E-mail: Plats to Pay $100 for Award Ticket Redeposits Beg 3/1

Old Jan 26, 2009, 4:01 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Chicken feed. This is an insult.

Between the two of us, my wife & I did 17 redeposits/reissues last years. This would leave us with 13 x $100 in fees or (more likely) tremendous amounts of phone time wasted until just the right itins become available.

Aslo, what happens when the reservation contains tickets for non-Platinum members or (for example) for a family of 5 but only two exemptions are available?
I agree with you 100%. It does seem like the masses complaining are helping some though. Just last week I took the wife and kids to Disneyworld. I upgraded all of them with miles. My daughters ticket had to be re-issued 3 times for all of the segments to be upgraded. That alone is one of the reasons for me maintaining platinum. (Or was...)
Old Jan 26, 2009, 4:07 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
What a crock - two changes/redeposits. But they release award inventory so sporadically that it is difficult at best to find good connections the first time around. At least they are listening, if even only a little.

I have been having fun today handing out dozens of flyers. Almost all people are genuinely thankful. I was stuck in MCI for 5 hours (mechanical - why doesn't NW hire enough responsible mechanics? - second mechanical problem on this trip alone!). Handed out in the F line at the ticketing counter in MCI where people were sent for rebooking, handed out at one gate as pax were deplaning (the first dozen or 16 pax are probably elite - sitting in F). Put some in the seat pockets in my row, handed some out as I got off the plane (waited 15 minutes on the plane in MSP for the jetway to get fixed!!), and handed more out at the workstations in the C lounge at MSP - did that twice since I have a LONG layover now and those at the desks have rotated. Will probably get 1-2 more passes in the lounge before my 9.30pm flight! Even was able to talk with one of the FA's from the crippled plane (she doesn't even get paid in situations like this). Showed her a flyer while at the same time sympathizing with her about all the grief the FA's are going through. And even handed one to a NW elite on the inter-terminal shuttle in MCI when I decided I wanted a change of scenery so I went to a different terminal. Thanks Jaimito for preparing these.

John
Old Jan 26, 2009, 8:05 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Wow John - you certainly get 'A' for effort!!!

If all of us will do just 10% of what you did, we'll soon have pretty much all of NWA's flyers educated on these changes.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Sounds like John is doing a good job!

As for the little morsels they gave back to us, I think they're trying to throw us a bone, and see if we'll forget about the real crap they're trying to pull.

They'll only charge plats $50 for award changes/redeposits? That's what it is now, isn't it, for all Worldperk members. And wasn't it $25 not that long ago, or free if you canceled online?

They must really think we're stupid!
Old Jan 26, 2009, 8:13 pm

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
Thumbs down

Too little, too late.

This is still a huge degradation of the benefit (especially as I imagine it will be implemented/interpreted) and too many of the other negative changes haven't been reversed or softened. I don't think I can be convinced at this point that DL is going to reasonably reward my volume of business over any given year as compared with their competition. They lost my trust and it will be a lot harder to get it back than simply giving back a small part of something they had taken away totally.

They're trying to throw me a bone, but I'm already enjoying steak on CO.

peace,
~Ben~
Old Jan 26, 2009, 8:15 pm

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
Great work, John!

Peace,
~Ben~
Old Jan 26, 2009, 8:38 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by gaugeguy
This is great news for me! I ONLY have 250,000 miles to burn and the two free changes should be barely enough to setup the burn and forget about Delta/NW. I have some ATL flights to do, where the UA schedule is not matching well. But I guess I need to be flexible to get out of their clutches. Have a 1K to maintain...

I feel I ought to return the new Platinum Elite card back and ask them to keep it.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by TravellingMan
This is great news for me! I ONLY have 250,000 miles to burn and the two free changes should be barely enough to setup the burn and forget about Delta/NW. I have some ATL flights to do, where the UA schedule is not matching well. But I guess I need to be flexible to get out of their clutches. Have a 1K to maintain...

I feel I ought to return the new Platinum Elite card back and ask them to keep it.
Has it yet been confirmed that this applies to NW elites? I believe it's only confirmed with regard to DL elites.

In any case, I would get my money's worth out the elite line by calling once or twice daily searching for those perfect itins. Save those two "generous" Jeffies* for when you really need them.

*Jeffie = something taken away, then returned under the pretense of a kind gesture
Old Jan 26, 2009, 9:52 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I thought it was a new award at the Freddies

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Save those two "generous" Jeffies* for when you really need them.

*Jeffie = something taken away, then returned under the pretense of a kind gesture
Old Jan 26, 2009, 10:51 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by thezipper
I thought it was a new award at the Freddies
^^ ... if only it could be.

So what is the reason behind Jeff Robertson now only signing his name as "J.W. Robertson" on DL correspondence when that wasn't done before?
Old Jan 26, 2009, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by GUWonder
^^ ... if only it could be.

So what is the reason behind Jeff Robertson now only signing his name as "J.W. Robertson" on DL correspondence when that wasn't done before?
Maybe so that people won't start sending him email. [email protected]
Old Jan 27, 2009, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
This thread has taken many a turns off the original topic. Since the award ticket redeposit fee structure has been altered, let's continue this conversation here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/north...l#post11148793

You can continue the discussion on passing out the flyers here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/north...these-out.html

Remember, while NW may be a sinking ship, FT isn't. The rules mandating on-topic postings still apply.

Thanks,

slippahs
nwa forum co-moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.