FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Had to call Delta SkyMiles.. what a trip! Oh how we will miss WorldPerks CS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/906465-had-call-delta-skymiles-what-trip-oh-how-we-will-miss-worldperks-cs.html)

gatechange Jan 5, 2009 2:53 pm

Had to call Delta SkyMiles.. what a trip! Oh how we will miss WorldPerks CS

I had to call SkyMiles about my old Delta account and was I ever in for a shock. Waited on the phone and ended up getting their lovely ICC and for a person who has lived overseas in a number of different countries I could hardly understand the lady.
She could not understand me and I had to tell her my state abbreviation, etc and I had to tell her about her OWN SkyMiles program changes! Before I was even done she started asking me if I was interested in the AMX CCard, etc.
Is there ANY talk about where the "new" Delta FF program phones will be?
What a joke!
I also learned while on the phone with her that one can not transfer SkyMiles to FlyingBlue as NW allows people to do when you move accounts. I was checking for my dad as he is now a FB member living overseas and has a few Skymiles he was going to try and move.
I am depressed even more!

clarence5ybr Jan 5, 2009 3:56 pm

While your experience doesn't sound great, in fairness, you're comparing the NW Plat line with DL's general phone line. DL's SMS (Elite Line equivalent) typically answers quickly, is very helpful, and is US based.

GUWonder Jan 5, 2009 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by clarence5ybr (Post 11017013)
While your experience doesn't sound great, in fairness, you're comparing the NW Plat line with DL's general phone line. DL's SMS (Elite Line equivalent) typically answers quickly, is very helpful, and is US based.

As a long-time DL Platinum with years of comparable or near-comparable NW elite status too, I will say that DL SMS call handling for DL Platinums stinks compared to what NW Plats and Golds have come to expect.

motytrah Jan 5, 2009 4:39 pm

While I would not call NW general line stellar you can could on them being English Language native or at least very proficient, and an acceptable understanding of the base program.

Most of the time if you select international World Perks, even as general, you'll end up with the same people as the Gold/Plat line.

clarence5ybr Jan 5, 2009 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 11017074)
As a long-time DL Platinum with years of comparable or near-comparable NW elite status too, I will say that DL SMS call handling for DL Platinums stinks compared to what NW Plats and Golds have come to expect.

I'm a former NW SE and GE and current DL PM. Although I have had some tremendously helpful DL SMSers that were as good as any NW Gold Line phone reps I dealt with, I agree with you that on average/overall, the NW GE Line's service is superior to SMS's.

While I agree that SMS loses an SMS vs PE/GE line comparison, I still think the OP's comparison of the PE line to DL's no-status line was not fair.