Wiki Posts
Search

NWA Plat Guarantee in '09?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2009, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
NWA Plat Guarantee in '09?

Questions regarding Plat Guarantee in '09 (1000 RDMs per segment, for Plats sitting in Y, on 2-class planes).

Anyone know if the Plat Guarantee is still active in '09?

Has anyone had this post in '09 yet?

Does this apply to Airlink 2-class CRJs?

Need this critical info, as I need this info for some bookings over the next few days. Specifically if for 2-class CRJs, so I can book towards mainline if not.

[edit] found this:

http://www.nwa.com/features/platinum/

2. Only valid on flights operated by Northwest Airlines, Compass Airlines and Mesaba Airlines with a First Class cabin.

6. Promotion ends February 28, 2009.

I'll need to book flights this afternoon for Tue/Wed, really hoping someone has confirmed this in '09 for Compass, including posting to their account. The Plat Guarantee is the go/no-go X-factor on these trips.

[edit] MR booked for Fri, all mainline, all two-class, going to request specific assignment in Y, will post Sun after the segments post.

[edit] MR fist segment posted, and included a NW mainline segment in Y, with a posted Plat Gaurantee.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by sbagdon; Jan 11, 2009 at 5:16 am
Old Jan 5, 2009, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by sbagdon
Questions regarding Plat Guarantee in '09 (1000 RDMs per segment, for Plats sitting in Y, on 2-class planes).

Need this critical info, as I need this info for some bookings over the next few days. Specifically if for 2-class CRJs, so I can book towards mainline if not.

Thanks!!!
In the past it's applied to any 2-class aircraft, mainline or airlink. Don't know about 2009, however.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES

[edit] found this:

http://www.nwa.com/features/platinum/

2. Only valid on flights operated by Northwest Airlines, Compass Airlines and Mesaba Airlines with a First Class cabin.

6. Promotion ends February 28, 2009.

I'll need to book flights this afternoon for Tue/Wed, really hoping someone has confirmed this in '09 for Compass, including posting to their account. The Plat Guarantee is the go/no-go X-factor on these trips.

Thanks!!!

The one FC upgrade that I missed in 08 was on a CRJ with 2 cabins. I got the the bonus, but again, have not heard or seen anything about this in 09...
Old Jan 6, 2009, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
The Zipper mentioned from scoop that the new rules will be out in two weeks or less. I see this and the Plat companion as goners, but who knows.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
I wouldn't be surprised about the first one. Our Plat companion upgrade might survive until it's replaced by DL's rather-lame-by-comparison counterpart.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 12:11 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
In the past it's applied to any 2-class aircraft, mainline or airlink. Don't know about 2009, however.
This is DL management in charge now, so watch more benefits -- such as this one but others too -- be stripped away.

At DL, the management sees the customers as either the enemy or sheeple to be fleeced, so I would not be surprised if DL management looks at Platinums as sheep with too much wool and that must be fleeced a lot more too.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 3:55 am

Programs: AC SE100K, HH G
I think the OP was looking for facts (such as an actual 2009 flight experience) rather than opinions on whether the DL management is out to screw the WP elites ...
Old Jan 7, 2009, 5:16 am

Programs: AA/EP, PC/RA
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
I wouldn't be surprised about the first one. Our Plat companion upgrade might survive until it's replaced by DL's rather-lame-by-comparison counterpart.
Even if the programs merge mid-year, i don't think they would change benefits mid-year. If they're still there for march, then i think they should be good till next Feb
Old Jan 7, 2009, 5:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by spkg
Even if the programs merge mid-year, i don't think they would change benefits mid-year. If they're still there for march, then i think they should be good till next Feb
With DL in charge, the rules have often been changed -- and continue to be changed -- at various times of the year, mid-year included. How much notice (if any) is given about a change depends entirely on the inconsistent whims of DL management.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 5:14 am
Original Poster

First segment from Fri's MR posted, and it included the Plat Guarantee:

Platinum Elite Upgrade Guarantee Bonus 1,000

So for at least NW mainline, as of today, and presumably until 2/28, this benefit still exists in '09
Old Jan 11, 2009, 5:29 am
Suspended

First segment from Fri's MR posted, and it included the Plat Guarantee:

Platinum Elite Upgrade Guarantee Bonus 1,000

So for at least NW mainline, as of today, and presumably until 2/28, this benefit still exists in '09
Delta sometimes gives no-upgrade bonus miles -- it is just 500 miles.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 9:10 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Platinum Non-Upgrade Kicker

Is the 1000 mile bonus still applicable for not getting the upgrade as it has been in the past for Platinum flyers on NW? What about on DL metal?
As far as the upgrades on DL go, I have been told by the gate agent that we (WP Plat)are in the middle of the food chain.
Not too fond of DL so far.
Will be shopping programs in the next year to see if a better score can be had. DL lost me. NW is trying to keep me. I fear DL will win.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by spartanflyer
Is the 1000 mile bonus still applicable for not getting the upgrade as it has been in the past for Platinum flyers on NW? What about on DL metal?
As far as the upgrades on DL go, I have been told by the gate agent that we (WP Plat)are in the middle of the food chain.
Not too fond of DL so far.
Will be shopping programs in the next year to see if a better score can be had. DL lost me. NW is trying to keep me. I fear DL will win.
It applies to NW flights only and is valid through February 28 at this point. When the new 2009 elite program is announced in February is when we'll know whether the Plat Upgrade Guarantee is still here. Most people on this board believe it will be axed. I tend to agree with them.

-RM
Old Jan 12, 2009, 9:31 am
Original Poster

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/north...ntee-09-a.html

I believe it has to be a 012 ticket, and NW flight number, and NW metal, for the Plat Guarantee to apply.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
It applies to NW flights only and is valid through February 28 at this point. When the new 2009 elite program is announced in February is when we'll know whether the Plat Upgrade Guarantee is still here. Most people on this board believe it will be axed. I tend to agree with them.

-RM
I have my doubts that this 1000 mile bonus will remain.

With fewer elites flying, fewer paid first class fares, and more miles and money required for an award ticket than ever before by any major US airline program, DL doesn't have much to gain/save by tearing up this benefit too -- not that this would stop DL management from chopping here too.

DL has granted a 500 mile bonus for Platinums who don't get upgraded "domestically".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.