Old Jan 13, 2009, 8:28 am

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
Between mrs ashaboe and myself, we just booked 3 awards to SEAsia:
EWR-NRT-SIN (Y) // CGK-ICN-JFK (C) >>> 90k
JFK-ANC-TPE (F) / TPE-CGK-TPE (C) / TPE-ANC-JFK(F) >>> 120k
JFK-ANC-TPE (F) / TPE-CGK//DPS-TPE (C) / TPE-ANC-JFK(F) >>> 120k

Another 120k to burn ...
Old Jan 13, 2009, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
just burnt 'em all...both in J

one BOS-CDG-MXP-PRG-SVO-JFK~LGA-BOS in July and
one BOS-LGA~JFK-ICN-SYD-ICN-JFK~LGA-BOS in November

And guess which flights were never available of all of them?

JFK-BOS on DL. Not in F or Y. Pitiful.

I have 1000 miles left and 1800 on DL...gonna merge them, get some magazines and say goodbye.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 7:14 pm

Programs: NW:Silver, Starwoods: Corporate Preferred
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
just burnt 'em all...both in J

one BOS-CDG-MXP-PRG-SVO-JFK~LGA-BOS in July and
one BOS-LGA~JFK-ICN-SYD-ICN-JFK~LGA-BOS in November

And guess which flights were never available of all of them?

JFK-BOS on DL. Not in F or Y. Pitiful.

I have 1000 miles left and 1800 on DL...gonna merge them, get some magazines and say goodbye.
How many miles was the award ticket to SYD?? That should be a fun trip. I flew J to AKL in 2007 on Korean Air ...always have wanted to go to SYD though.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 7:47 pm

Booked four r/t EWR-VCE and BCN-JFK, three in coach and one business on Continental to Paris and then to VCE. Return is on Delta non-stop (no business available so I took the most direct flight). 175,000 NWA miles and 55,000 Continental miles (Continental was already 5,000 more for the return on Delta)! Free air and a dirt cheap (compared to normal prices) 12 night Med cruise on Princess for me and my family! Used another 100,000 last August r/t JFK to SVO on Aeroflot. About 35,000 left + 17,000 Delta miles. p.s. I am using the business seat, that was part of the deal!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 13, 2009, 8:22 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
burn baby burn!

Just got 2 saver WBC tix to Milan in May. Birthday present for my wife.

200,000 down, a little over half way there...
Old Jan 13, 2009, 8:54 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
and ~24 hrs to burn the rest!

Originally Posted by BTA

Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
A great agent in Seattle!

I just spent over an hour and a half with a great agent, Holly, trying to burn some more miles.

I had tried to book an intra-Asia Biz reward last night, CGK-HKG, and the agent wasn't so helpful, only coming up with a 140k KE award!

Tonight, I tried to call Delta, since they only charge 30k for a KE award. However, the agent couldn't ticket the CI ticket, and had to refer it to the partner desk, which was, of course, closed.

So, I decided to see if I could book it on NW. No dates on the outbound, but fine on the return. Hmmm. Okay, change cities. Try DPS. Nope. Try SIN. Nope. Finally try coach awards, and find something!

This takes a bit over an hour. I had noticed that last nights PHX-SJO award looked messed up, so had her check that. Yep, CO segments messed up. She fixed it, and then came back and told me that CO was now showing no availability across the board, and perhaps I had gotten the last CO award.

While I'm seriously bummed out about the merger, I still really like so many of the elite agents!
Old Jan 14, 2009, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by BTA

I feel so out of place... every one of my ex-DTW award tickets have been direct, non-stop, and single-segment. My schedule doesn't permit segments (just eats into vacation time), so I visit the direct locations (DTW-FCO this summer... yay!). Always made me wonder that prices are the same either direct, or 3 segments. We hub-captive non-stops should get a break or reward, for direct awards.

And again... why can I book DTW-NGO/NRT-DTW, yet not DTW-CDG-NGO(AF)/NRT-DTW?! I know why, yet still...
Old Jan 14, 2009, 9:50 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Starwood Gold
Should I feel bad...

Burned 350,000 for 2009 still have 160,000 left. With not having anymore time (or money for that matter) for anymore trips....guess I will get to see how to use em on the new Delta....oh my.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:28 am

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
I'm 467 miles short of the next 50k award but can not bring myself to pay another $56 to buy 1k to tip me over. Especially not with that KL flight showing "Q" for days now (I'm sure that will post at midnight tonight!). Once I can merge with the 50k Skymiles left over from playing various games I'll try one for more J award to Europe, in the new scheme that's still the same.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by robbert
I'm 467 miles short of the next 50k award but can not bring myself to pay another $56 to buy 1k to tip me over. Especially not with that KL flight showing "Q" for days now (I'm sure that will post at midnight tonight!). Once I can merge with the 50k Skymiles left over from playing various games I'll try one for more J award to Europe, in the new scheme that's still the same.
Have you completed your education at WorldPerks University?
Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a 500 mile NW mileage card, I would donate, as long as the award is still available.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:47 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
J award requirements havn't been listed yet in the WP award chart... only coach... "hopefully" they will be released tonight...

http://www.nwa.com/worldperks/redeem...ards/usawards/

I'll try one for more J award to Europe, in the new scheme that's still the same.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 2:14 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Have you completed your education at WorldPerks University?
Thank you, I'm fully educated
Old Jan 14, 2009, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a friend who wants to go to HKG in April in Biz. Trying to find Biz to Asia seems to be quite hard. Looking at the seats for sale, there seems to be plenty of availability, but they're just not giving out any award seats.

I spent 100 minutes on the phone with a fairly pleasant NW elite agent in Chisholm. After getting about 10 "No"s to routing and dates, I finally got Biz on the outbound, moo on the return. The agent also said that since the ticket was booked before the 15th, that no other fees would be assessed if I did changes after that date, and noted it in the record. I'm a tad bit doubtful of this, but it won't hurt, I guess.

And by the way, there was lots of coach seat available. A large amount, amazingly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.