Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

1/2/09 NW E-mail: Transfer Miles NW<->DL, New Award Fees, Sat Night Stay Elim, Etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/2/09 NW E-mail: Transfer Miles NW<->DL, New Award Fees, Sat Night Stay Elim, Etc

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2009, 9:00 am

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by mitjha
I had 100+K miles for last five years on NW; called AA yesterday they matched my status. Its hard to leave after so long (and so much travel) on NW but DL is definitely encouraging us to desert them in hoards
Interesting to hear that AA is doing matches... Their policy had long been to give you a fast track/challenge, but not an outright match.

peace,
~Ben~
Old Jan 20, 2009, 11:47 am

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by GrizShel
I made an extra effort to qualify for Platinum status for the first time for this year and was looking forward to these benefits. And then Delta STRIPS ALL OF THE MOST SIGNIFICANT BENEFITS RIGHT AT THE START OF 2009!! They get all of my business in 2008 with the carrot of all the Platinum benefits and then they took it away. If this MASSIVE devaluation of Elite benefits and awards sticks, there's absolutely no way I am going to fly Delta if I have a choice once 2010 comes.
Exactly! With travel already planned/flown it will be hard not to make at least NW Gold. Come 2010 and no improvement to the program it will be a match to CO, UA or AA.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GrizShel
I made an extra effort to qualify for Platinum status for the first time for this year and was looking forward to these benefits. And then Delta STRIPS ALL OF THE MOST SIGNIFICANT BENEFITS RIGHT AT THE START OF 2009!! They get all of my business in 2008 with the carrot of all the Platinum benefits and then they took it away. If this MASSIVE devaluation of Elite benefits and awards sticks, there's absolutely no way I am going to fly Delta if I have a choice once 2010 comes.
Exactly how I felt. It's as if, work hard to get some perks. Then after you've worked hard to get it, we'll take it all away. For those that just made PE like I did, you feel somewhat cheated as the MR's and flying in 2008 was supposed to be rewarded with PE in 2009. Did I expect changes, to some extent. But my foolishness was believing DL would implement the best of both worlds, not anger all its elites.

Originally Posted by seoulmanjr
Use your shiny new status to do a status match now on CO or AA and start enjoying greener pastures.
Great idea.

Originally Posted by mitjha
I had 100+K miles for last five years on NW; called AA yesterday they matched my status. Its hard to leave after so long (and so much travel) on NW but DL is definitely encouraging us to desert them in hoards
Good to hear AA is doing it. I'm inches away from calling AA and CO.

Originally Posted by seoulmanjr
Interesting to hear that AA is doing matches...
I would if I knew my competitor was angering its elites by the droves...
Old Jan 20, 2009, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by mnredfox
But my foolishness was believing DL would implement the best of both worlds, not anger all its elites.
You must have missed the big announcement (not that it was delivered directly to any Plats): Best of class is out, holistic is in.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
I was starting to think there was VERY little good news in this merger for WorldPerks customers but then I read Delta CEO Richard Anderson's column in the current World Traveler magazine:

We are listening to feedback from customers in both programs so we can create a "best of" plan that distinguishes us from the rest of the industry.

I am quite reassured to know that our input is being utilized in such a systematic way. Obviously we have nothing to worry about.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
We are listening to feedback from customers in both programs so we can create a "best of" "worst of" plan that distinguishes us from the rest of the industry.
Fixed.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
You must have missed the big announcement (not that it was delivered directly to any Plats): Best of class is out, holistic is in.
Guess I missed it in the article. The marketing spin keeps getting better.

Originally Posted by Watchful
I was starting to think there was VERY little good news in this merger for WorldPerks customers but then I read Delta CEO Richard Anderson's column in the current World Traveler magazine:

We are listening to feedback from customers in both programs so we can create a "best of" plan that distinguishes us from the rest of the industry.

I am quite reassured to know that our input is being utilized in such a systematic way. Obviously we have nothing to worry about.
Hence I wrote an angry TTU talking about what BS best of is. No response yet. Been ~4 days.

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Fixed.
Sadly true.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 2:13 am

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
I think we should try to reopen the antitrust pot if we can Letters to Justice, anyone?
Old Jan 23, 2009, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Historical analogy: The Deltan legions are levying tribute to Atlanta. They've conquered us. Now it's to render unto Caesar Anderson what is Caesar's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.