FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Is nwa.com Becoming the "new" delta.com or is it the other way around? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/904873-nwa-com-becoming-new-delta-com-other-way-around.html)

DTWflyer Dec 31, 2008 6:43 pm

Is nwa.com Becoming the "new" delta.com or is it the other way around?

Question for those in the know:

Is the current nwa.com going to become the "new" post-merger website for DL? Or, is DL going to scrap the entire nwa.com infrastructure and keep using the current delta.com?

Now with EQS on DL flights starting tomorrow, I'm now more willing to fly DL where it makes sense. I just booked a trip in Jan, since I can get a more favorable schedule over ATL than the nonstops from DTW.

However, I've been extremely dissapointed with delta.com, as it is a pain to use, not laid out logicially, and lacks a lot of the functionality easily found at nwa.com.

I really hope nwa.com stays! Please!

3Cforme Dec 31, 2008 7:43 pm

Insider DeltaWebDev recently confirmed that the DL web platform is the intended survivor, a change from earlier (public, pre-merger) plans. They have a lot of work to do.

fti Dec 31, 2008 7:53 pm

As I have repeatedly said, the airlines are working extremely hard to take the worst of each airline and coming up with the worst of the worst. Just a shame.

MileageAddict Dec 31, 2008 8:00 pm

Delta is working at lightspeed to eradicate anything Northwest.

uavking Dec 31, 2008 8:17 pm

+1 for nwa.com's survival. I don't find delta.com to be particularly use friendly in comparison.

aaron1262 Dec 31, 2008 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme (Post 10991333)
Insider DeltaWebDev recently confirmed that the DL web platform is the intended survivor, a change from earlier (public, pre-merger) plans. They have a lot of work to do.

yup you can find out more from this thread

Burj Dec 31, 2008 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by uavking (Post 10991440)
+1 for nwa.com's survival. I don't find delta.com to be particularly use friendly in comparison.

+2! nwa.com is SOO much better than delta.com, sometimes it is the LITTLE things, like today when I decided to print out my 2008 FF activity/flight history for both my skymiles and worldperks accounts...

on nw.com when you look at you activity it has a nifty "printer friendly version" button...

not only does delta.com NOT have this....BUT when I tried to print it using the internet explorer's "print" option under the file menu...some small stuff printed out, but the actual information did not!

I had to save it has a html file and then open that file and print it...what a pain!

GUWonder Jan 1, 2009 12:06 am

Delta is going to take down nwa.com until nwa.com is pulled.

What is not addressed by DL management is how much the DL management-mandated three-tier award chart implementation is responsible for at least some of the online problems at delta.com and increasingly (to be) at nwa.com too.

DTWflyer Jan 1, 2009 12:48 am

Darn it, that makes me sad.

nwa.com is by far and away the hands down best airline website to use and has by far the best self-serve functionality of all.

Delta.com is simply not good. Although, it is better than United.bomb or USAirways.com

I'm really don't like what I'm see with this merger at all.....

All the travel for work in '08 has nearly pushed me the edge. I think '09 may be the year I hang it up and stop being a road warrior. The merger is also a deciding factor. I don't think it will be the same without Northwest.

tkey75 Jan 1, 2009 1:05 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 10991949)
Delta is going to take down nwa.com until nwa.com is pulled.

What is not addressed by DL management is how much the DL management-mandated three-tier award chart implementation is responsible for at least some of the online problems at delta.com and increasingly (to be) at nwa.com too.

It will be truly sad to see NW's Japan site go away. Its search functions are (and soon to be 'were') superior to most, not just DL.

bobcollie Jan 1, 2009 6:31 am

different approach

It seems that the course of using nwa.com as the surviving web site has changed; rather than simply complain in this forum about it (with hopes that someone from NWA or Delta will see our thread and do something about it), I think we should put our effort into crafting a well joint written letter to be sent in postal mail to the transition teams at Delta and NWA. Our letter should indicate the key areas of functionality that exists on nwa.com and does not on delta.com for which we feel must be part of the resulting merged site and why.

PM me with your name, email address, 2008 EQMs and current elite status and I will create a google group and doc for us to collaborate on what we will send. The more signatories to the letter the better probability of success.

I am going to ensure that the letter keeps a positive tone and is succinct and professional so that it will be received and acted on as we desire.

Thanks in advance for your participation.

drsan Jan 1, 2009 6:38 am

More Backpedaling by Delta

Originally Posted by 3Cforme (Post 10991333)

Say it ain't so...

Cannot say I am surprised, though. It's truly a shame. A lot of work to do? You bet, but will they do it? I believe, after this data point, that the answer is no. DL will do nothing that incurs extra internal spend.

I can hear it now (insert fake German accent here) "You vill use delta.com, and you vill LIKE IT!!!!"

We should start a thread that keeps track of all back-pedals by DL.

drsan Jan 1, 2009 6:49 am

Originally Posted by bobcollie (Post 10992538)
It seems that the course of using nwa.com as the surviving web site has changed; rather than simply complain in this forum about it (with hopes that someone from NWA or Delta will see our thread and do something about it), I think we should put our effort into crafting a well joint written letter to be sent in postal mail to the transition teams at Delta and NWA. Our letter should indicate the key areas of functionality that exists on nwa.com and does not on delta.com for which we feel must be part of the resulting merged site and why.

PM me with your name, email address, 2008 EQMs and current elite status and I will create a google group and doc for us to collaborate on what we will send. The more signatories to the letter the better probability of success.

I am going to ensure that the letter keeps a positive tone and is succinct and professional so that it will be received and acted on as we desire.

Thanks in advance for your participation.

Thanks but no thanks. While the exercise - and it is only that, an exercise - has noble intent, if you believe that Anderson will do anything but read the letter, laugh, and file 13 it, you may be engaged in overly wishful thinking.

The only thing that DL listens to is revenue, but even given that, losing NW elites or even the chance at losing NW elites appears to not ruffle Anderson's feathers in the least. He wants more revenue, sure, but what he really wants is less cost. Does he needs two websites, and further, two sets of FTEs maintaining those sites? No. But given the two websites, does he choose to turn delta.com into a better website, using some of the nwa.com functionality? Noooo. He just pulls the plug. So much for executive intelligence.

Theresa, you have sold out.

Once again, for the record, this takeover is eerily similar to AA/TW. Every move by DL has followed the playbook.

n7371f Jan 1, 2009 3:33 pm

Delta.com sucks. Period. It's not even competitive to nwa.com.

What the powers-that-be in Atlanta see in their web site over Northwest's is beyond me. There is NOTHING on delta.com that I find to be equal to or better.

ttjoseph Jan 1, 2009 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by n7371f (Post 10994604)
Delta.com sucks. Period. It's not even competitive to nwa.com.

What the powers-that-be in Atlanta see in their web site over Northwest's is beyond me. There is NOTHING on delta.com that I find to be equal to or better.

They also have to pick a backend (that you don't see directly) that must interface with the website, which probably drives the choice of the customer-facing frontend. It may be the case that the DL backend is better than NW's, or that a better business case can be made for retaining the DL backend.

At least one might hope that not all of NW's website team will be laid off, and can bring some much-needed expertise to the DL side...