NWA History Video

Old Dec 1, 08, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + UA Plat + AS MVP + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
NWA History Video

Flying TPAC NW has a lovely NWA History video on the AVOD system. It shows NW planes from different eras taking off, including mention of the pioneering NW polar routes and the Shemya-era when NW had a private island in Alaska for flight refueling. The video also features a cool techno soundtrack. I have not flown across the Pacific since July, so it may already be gone from the planes. I've searched for the video on YouTube, but to no avail. Does anyone know if it is available online?

Last edited by worldwidedreamer; Dec 1, 08 at 7:12 pm Reason: I confused Sanya (Hainan Island) with Shemya (Alaska)
Old Dec 2, 08, 4:14 am
ed1

Programs: NW: SE & WC
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer View Post
Flying TPAC NW has a lovely NWA History video on the AVOD system. It shows NW planes from different eras taking off, including mention of the pioneering NW polar routes and the Shemya-era when NW had a private island in Alaska for flight refueling. The video also features a cool techno soundtrack. I have not flown across the Pacific since July, so it may already be gone from the planes. I've searched for the video on YouTube, but to no avail. Does anyone know if it is available online?
Is it the same one mentioned in thezipper's post? If so this should probably be merged into that thread.
Old Dec 2, 08, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + UA Plat + AS MVP + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
I am talking about a different video...I believe it was created for the A330 launch. The video referenced by the previous poster was created for the 60th anniversary of NW flights across the Pacific, I have never seen it on the AVOD systems.
Old Dec 2, 08, 6:29 pm
ed1

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer View Post
I am talking about a different video...I believe it was created for the A330 launch. The video referenced by the previous poster was created for the 60th anniversary of NW flights across the Pacific, I have never seen it on the AVOD systems.
Hopefully someone will find it online and post it here, I know I'd be interested in watching it.
Old Dec 2, 08, 7:23 pm
GVA

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silverberg, Hilton Diamo, Bonvoy LTT, United Sliver, LH Unelected fool, Carrot Rewards
Originally Posted by ed1 View Post
Hopefully someone will find it online and post it here, I know I'd be interested in watching it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRM7cY13PXY

I recorded this on a recent flight. Maybe somebody from NW could upload a better quality one than what I managed to get?
Old Dec 2, 08, 7:32 pm
ed1

Originally Posted by GVA View Post

I recorded this on a recent flight. Maybe somebody from NW could upload a better quality one than what I managed to get?
Thanks, the video quality was actually pretty decent.
Old Dec 3, 08, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GVA View Post

That precisely is the video I was looking for! Many thanks.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: