Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Possible to get WorldPerks miles on flight not taken

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible to get WorldPerks miles on flight not taken

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2008, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Question Possible to get WorldPerks miles on flight not taken

I don't think I will be able to make a flight for which I am ticketed.

Is it possible to still get the WorldPerks miles?
Old Nov 26, 2008, 11:16 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
If rerouted you can ask for miles (because of mechanical delay for example).

If you miss a flight for any other reason you will not get the miles.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 11:14 am

Programs: NWA GE -- PRIORITY CLUB PE
Not since the old days has this been possible. If your boarding pass is not scanned, if you are not known to be on the flight, no miles will be given.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 11:50 am

Programs: AC*E
NW will decline your request for mileage credit based on the fact that the ticket wasn't used. You have to fly to receive mileage credit.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by rnmcd
I don't think I will be able to make a flight for which I am ticketed.

Is it possible to still get the WorldPerks miles?
Nope.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
I've always wondered whether it'd be possible to board a flight (and therefore have your ticket scanned) and then get off the plane (claiming you forgot something) and then never reboard. I wouldn't try it myself but theoretically it sounds possible?
Old Nov 30, 2008, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
The only time I ever got miles for a flight I didn't take was a short (<500 mile) connecting hop at the end of a long (>4000 mile) intercontinental flight - my plans changed at the last minute and I had to go somewhere else from the hub. I had to call the airline (not NWA) about credit for the long flight, and was shocked when they credited the short one as well - I think they probably didn't have good track of the ticket due to the changes and just credited the whole ticket as booked rather than do all the work of sorting out what happened.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:33 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by slippahs
I've always wondered whether it'd be possible to board a flight (and therefore have your ticket scanned) and then get off the plane (claiming you forgot something) and then never reboard. I wouldn't try it myself but theoretically it sounds possible?
There's a nice way to give the DHS boys a nice rush! Not a very good idea.

Being brown, I sure as hell wouldn't try it. :P
Old Dec 1, 2008, 2:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, United 1P
Originally Posted by FlyerboyJ
Not since the old days has this been possible. If your boarding pass is not scanned, if you are not known to be on the flight, no miles will be given.
What happens if you did take a flight, but the boarding card may not have been scanned. I recently was on a flight coming back from SCL connecting through ATL, and when I boarded my flight home in ATL the scanner was messing up and they had to reboot it a few times while I was standing in line to board. My SCL-ATL flight posted the next day as normal, but not the flight in question. I haven't mailed in my mileage request yet, but I am guessing there will be no record.

Normally I wouldn't have even bothered filling out the paperwork and just consider it bad luck, but I am at 89,965 EQM right now and this will let me hit the 90k Elite Extra Perks level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.