NWA in MCI

Old Nov 19, 2008, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Delta 1M, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
NWA in MCI

All-

I wonder if anyone has heard what is going to happen at MCI with NWA gates in terminal C and Delta gates in terminal B?

Seems like a shift in gates is in order to bring it all together....

Thanks-
Old Nov 19, 2008, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List
I've heard nothing, and the NW people I've talked to either don't know or aren't talking....

If I were a betting man, I would say that NW will move to B (since there is more room in B, globally speaking).

BUT, CO and UA will also likely move together once their partnership gets underway. If US is liquidated by then CO could slide into at least some of their old gates, with a little retro-fitting like the current CO-NW connector hallway on C.

It all depends on the traffic, of course.

IF CO moves to A, DL COULD move to C, to make one big blended family.

Thoughts?
Old Nov 20, 2008, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

I would prefer that Delta moves over to terminal 'C'. That would allow more room for Southwest to grow and a much easier parking situation for those not flying on Southwest. I would think that Continental would move to A and Delta to C where Continental used to be.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
I'd prefer if NW moved to DL gates so that way the Crown Room might reopen. On the same breath, please reopen PHX too and build the new MIA club.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 8:47 pm

Agreed

Originally Posted by kcnwgold
I would prefer that Delta moves over to terminal 'C'. That would allow more room for Southwest to grow and a much easier parking situation for those not flying on Southwest. I would think that Continental would move to A and Delta to C where Continental used to be.
Circle 2 and 3 were both full this week when I flew out which is normal, but even the garage at terminal B was full when I flew out on Tuesday. It would be nice for DL to move into the Continental gates in C so that they (NW and DL) could be together and connected without going out and through security. But agree with others that it would be nice to have the Crown Room in B open again. I always liked that Crown Room Club.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Just bumping this back to the top to see if there is any new info on this....

Thanks-
Old Dec 27, 2008, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
On Tuesday I saw a NW airplane at the Delta gates. I would guess NWA will go to the Delta gates. But I haven't seen the NWA gates to see how much space they have over there. The Delta area isn't huge.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 10:53 am

Programs: Marriott PP, UA 1K, DL Plat, AA Life Gold, WN A-List
Originally Posted by yngdiego
On Tuesday I saw a NW airplane at the Delta gates. I would guess NWA will go to the Delta gates. But I haven't seen the NWA gates to see how much space they have over there. The Delta area isn't huge.
I would be completely shocked (pleasantly) if DL did anything other than move NW to their gates...that very thing has already started to happen at other airports around the nation.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL Silver, HH diamond, Midwest Miles (RIP), NWA WP (RIP)
Originally Posted by drsan
I would be completely shocked (pleasantly) if DL did anything other than move NW to their gates...that very thing has already started to happen at other airports around the nation.
Certainly I'm a little out of the loop, but just curious where these changes have happened already? So far no where I've been...in MKE, as others have said, I would imagine we'd see DL move over to E (from C) where NWA has been for years, and where the WC is. Maybe we'll see CO move to C where they once were...
Old Dec 28, 2008, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
You may be shocked then, while some stations will see NW move to where ever DL is (e.g. MCO, SLC, BOS, LAX, etc), some will stay the same or similar given current locaiton (e.g. SFO, EWR, LGA, STL, CVG?, JFK?, DFW, etc), some DL will move closer to where NW is or has been such as rumor of ORD among others domestic and international. - H
Old Dec 28, 2008, 2:54 pm

To add...everything I've heard, at SEA DL will move to be with NW at the South Satellite where NW has a WorldClub
Old Dec 28, 2008, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mkenwayx
Certainly I'm a little out of the loop, but just curious where these changes have happened already? So far no where I've been...in MKE, as others have said, I would imagine we'd see DL move over to E (from C) where NWA has been for years, and where the WC is. Maybe we'll see CO move to C where they once were...
I flew about 10 days ago and NW was still in the same place in Terminal C while Delta was still located in Terminal B. A lot can happen in 10 days though....
Old Dec 29, 2008, 4:11 am

Programs: Marriott PP, UA 1K, DL Plat, AA Life Gold, WN A-List
Originally Posted by hooverer
You may be shocked then, while some stations will see NW move to where ever DL is (e.g. MCO, SLC, BOS, LAX, etc), some will stay the same or similar given current locaiton (e.g. SFO, EWR, LGA, STL, CVG?, JFK?, DFW, etc), some DL will move closer to where NW is or has been such as rumor of ORD among others domestic and international. - H
The stations where DL and NW are literally next to each other on the concourse already - such as STL, where DL is A2, A4 and A6 where NW is A3 and A5 - sure, no 'movement' needs to occur. A fait accompli. Remember, though, job #1 at DL these days is NW brand elimination - so unless a particular station has significantly better current gates/facilities/logistics for NW than DL, NW will move and DL will stay put. I suspect this will be the case at MCI. Time will tell.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:00 am

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
Time will tell.
Indeed time will tell!

While I remain optimistic with a low expectation WRT the combined DL+NW, Im also looking at this as different than some other traditional takeovers for cost elimination type mergers (acquisitions) such as AA finally taking over TWA, which in your various posts you make reference to. Lets keep TWA in perspective, it was severely wounded after years of neglect and at STL IIRC, WN had already made an inroads.

The difference I see and hope for, (perhaps still drinking some of the DL+NW coolaid, as it is the holiday season right?) is that I dont see the combined DL simply looking to shed costs, A/C, people, facilities, systems and so forth just to maintain current status quo existence. The more recent M&A scenarios have given way to the older scenario of M&A to build and grow, instead today being about cost reduction.

Perhaps we are seeing something different or a hybrid scenario here which would have DL+NW really looking at being a stronger viable brand and service experience going forward. That would mean leveraging the best of both sides, alignment and re-alignment of technologies including systems, aircraft, branding, soft and hard services, staffing and so forth, all of which fly in the face of wall street thinking and desire to cut cut cut cut instead of streamline, invest, leverage, build, save, grow, expand and transform.

What does any of this have to do with this thread? Simple, I dont see an across the board sweep of NW gates moving to DL gates. Consequently I dont expect that we will see all NW station gates and facilities pick-up and move to where ever DL is, rather leverage the best of including best of brands, services and so forth as we are already starting to see unfold.

So time will tell if Im drinking too much cool-aid on this one and not believing that the NW+DL sky is falling the likes of which happened in STL with TWA and AA.

Suggestion to mods, create a why NW+DL is not the same as AA+TWA thread to move all of these NW+DL and AA+TWA or similar posts to (including this one) which seem to get off topic from the main threads?

-H
Old Apr 2, 2009, 10:07 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List
April 7th, 2009, is cut-over date

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I couldn't find the consolidated thread easily.

I just spoke to an agent at MCI who told me that NW will move to terminal B on April 7th.

I am now in the position of flying out of C and returning to B. Red Bus, here I come!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.