Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Any risk to claiming EEP rewards in 2009?

Old Nov 19, 2008, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold

I'm sitting on 175k eqms.... I might still make 200k, but with an award ticket in December to Paris, I probably won't.

I had planned to redeem EEP rewards (the 2.5k bonus EQMs and 4 or 6 SWUs) after the first of the year. Will I get caught up by changes from the merger? Anyone know anything?

Thanks,
Chris
Old Nov 19, 2008, 3:48 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Of all the things they could or might do, I see this one as pretty safe for us. The last thing DL wants to do is annoy these very high tier flyers by reducing the value of something that has effectively already been earned (just not claimed). I personally think they wont decrease the options, and might even improve the SWUs to let us use them on DL metal.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by stephem
The last thing DL wants to do is annoy these very high tier flyers by reducing the value of something that has effectively already been earned (just not claimed).
Huh, isn't this what DL has always been doing the past few years...
Old Nov 19, 2008, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

If it's entirely up to Northwest people, I'd feel a lot better. My real fear as that they turn into DL SWUs, which I gather are neither valuable nor terribly useful.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 7:20 am

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
The only issue would be if nwa.com is taken down and you couldn't actually get to a screen to make the choice. Can you call the eilte line to select EEP awards?

I personally wouldn't worry but I don't have the EQM's that you do.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 7:39 am

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
There used to be a link to see when your SWU's expired on NWA.com, can anyone point me to where its hiding now?
Old Nov 20, 2008, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gpan
There used to be a link to see when your SWU's expired on NWA.com, can anyone point me to where its hiding now?
They've made it a lot harder to get to, but the e-cert screen shows the expiration date for each one:

https://www.nwa.com/cgi-bin/view_ecv.pro

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.