Search

How many WP Miles on Air France?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2008, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold
How many WP Miles on Air France?

Hi,

I have to book a RT ticket from PEK to AMS.

The cheapest flight I can find is on Air France. (They just announced that the strike is over...cross fingers.)

On the WP site there are "***" next to Air France indicating the WP miles accrued may be less that 100%.

I am a PE, how can I find out how many miles I will earn if I book this?

Thanks.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 12:17 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
You have to find out the fare class of the fare you are looking to purchase then go here:
http://www.nwa.com/worldperks/earn/a...html#airfrance
You also have to be careful because if you are buying a ticket from a consolidator - such as cheaptickets.com - and others - you still may not get ANY miles!!!
Old Nov 18, 2008, 12:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat
You need to look and see what fare code the flights you want end up in. If it ends up in either N or L, you will only get 25% EQM/RDM, if it ends up in G or U, then 50%, all other fare classes will earn 100%. Generally for the cheap fares on AF they will fall into the N/L fare classes which earn you practically nothing.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold
thanks for the info! I think I'll just go with the pricier klm flight.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
sorry for asking such a simply question, but I am just moving back from FB to WP and want to make sure I will get miles ...

AF-op and DL-coded in L-class ... should give 100% in WP, right?
Old Apr 16, 2009, 6:05 am

Programs: Delta Platiamond SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by cfischer
sorry for asking such a simply question, but I am just moving back from FB to WP and want to make sure I will get miles ...

AF-op and DL-coded in L-class ... should give 100% in WP, right?
Nope, just 25% . stick with with KLM-operated if you want your full mileage
Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:12 pm

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
I'm on nwa.com looking at a DL coded Air France operated itinerary - showing fares in T class. According to http://www.nwa.com/worldperks/earn/a...html#airfrance NW coded AF operated T class gets 100% EQM but there is no mention of DL coded AF operated flights. Safe to assume that I get 100% EQM here too?
Old Apr 16, 2009, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AAdvantage
Even with the economy codes I have always gotten 100% of EQM miles on AF flights plus my 100% (not EQM) gold bonus, even booked through Delta Website (SFO-CDG-VIE). Am I missing something?

Last edited by writeguysf; Apr 16, 2009 at 3:34 pm
Old Apr 22, 2009, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
I'm on nwa.com looking at a DL coded Air France operated itinerary - showing fares in T class. According to http://www.nwa.com/worldperks/earn/a...html#airfrance NW coded AF operated T class gets 100% EQM but there is no mention of DL coded AF operated flights. Safe to assume that I get 100% EQM here too?
Originally Posted by writeguysf
Even with the economy codes I have always gotten 100% of EQM miles on AF flights plus my 100% (not EQM) gold bonus, even booked through Delta Website (SFO-CDG-VIE). Am I missing something?
I would love to know the answer, but despite the NW # on my BP the miles still credited to FB this is will tough to resolve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.