Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade process

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2008, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: northwest-platinum- hilton- diamond- starwoods- Marriott
Upgrade process

For the past seven years that I have flown nwa I was under the impression, that you wanted to check in at the 24 hour mark and this would place you on the upgrade list.
Speaking to not one, but two reps from the worldperks line yesterday I was told that as soon as you check in the system stops trying to upgrade you and that even the night before a flight the system does one more sweep and it would skip you and your only chance then is a gate upgrade.
Myhead is still shaking and my face is all srunched up...someone make it go away
Old Oct 27, 2008, 7:07 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by redeyedgirl
For the past seven years that I have flown nwa I was under the impression, that you wanted to check in at the 24 hour mark and this would place you on the upgrade list.
Speaking to not one, but two reps from the worldperks line yesterday I was told that as soon as you check in the system stops trying to upgrade you and that even the night before a flight the system does one more sweep and it would skip you and your only chance then is a gate upgrade.
Myhead is still shaking and my face is all srunched up...someone make it go away
I believe that is correct from what I have read here. I have been told to start the check in process, click that you want to upgrade, get the window that says you have been put on the upgrade list, then abort the check in process. However, when I did that twice, then called and/or checked online, I was indeed not on the upgrade list. So I am not sure that works as intended.

Also, there is for a fact, at least at times, manipulation of the UG list. See my post:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=881091

John
Old Oct 27, 2008, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Yes, it has been discussed here before that often doing OLCI before the last sweep that lower elites have bypassed higher elites.

I have only once or twice in the past two years snagged an overnight seat when the R dump occurred, but YMMV. I'd say if P/F is less than 3 available, do your OLCI to get as high up on the WL as you can. Anything higher, I'd stay un-checked in.

See also:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492351
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=760625

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.