Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Checking Bags Across Different Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2008, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First

Question for those in the know.

As many road warriors know, sometimes leisure & business travel can conflict...anyways.

I booked a res. many weeks ago to go DTW-LAS r/t for next weekend.
Now I found out I have to go down to ROA for a few days this week.

So, I booked a DTW-ROA r/t that gets me back into DTW in time to connect to the outbound segment of my DTW-LAS r/t.

Since I have a 50 min connection in DTW, I need to check a bag in ROA to LAS, but it is on different res. #'s.

Is this easy to accomplish? Is there some feature to link the reservations?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by DTWflyer
Is this easy to accomplish? Is there some feature to link the reservations?
Have the details of the onward flight available when you check the bag. Fifty minutes meets the standard for minimum connect time.

Regrets, but you (and your bag) are traveling on two tickets and risk bad things happening if the first flight is delayed through no fault of NW. No 'link' will fix this.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
Thanks.

So essentially, its like an inter-line, but all on NW. Show both initerairies/ BP's and they should be able to route my bag appropriately.

I wish the same could have been said for DTW this evening. They managed to leave my bag behind in DTW, for a simple nonstop flight. I checked in 60 minutes early and they (or the TSA) leave it behind. In the three times I've checked bags in DTW this year I'm 1 for 3. Both times, they have simply been left behind with supposedly ample time. I have much better luck on tight connections in MSP than I do when on a nonstop starting in DTW.

DTW was a mess tonight, it seems like the Wed. before Thanksgiving. As an added bonus, they closed the regular check-in counters & the ones in the garage so all the Joe-Travelers were in the Elite area, and they closed the one checkpoint early.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.