Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

how to 'hide' a reservation in WP account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2008, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

is there any way to 'hide' a reservation in a worldperks account? the reservation has my PE WP #. the elite agent tried removing the worldperks #, but that would cancel the reservation.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sntrao
is there any way to 'hide' a reservation in a worldperks account? the reservation has my PE WP #. the elite agent tried removing the worldperks #, but that would cancel the reservation.
Is this to hide permanently or just don't want to ruin a surprise trip?

If you're not looking for permanent hiding, just get a Delta FF number and have them sub that one in. (Although I find it hard to believe you can't have NO number without canceling the reservation.) Then when you announce the surprise have them switch it back to your real number (before you fly though).

If you're flying to see the mistress, just don't change it back from the Delta number, and for ueber protection, never use that number again. You'll lose the miles, but that's probably the least of your concerns.

Hope you're checking the mail to intercept the receipt NW mails out....
Old Oct 15, 2008, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raehl311
Is this to hide permanently or just don't want to ruin a surprise trip?

If you're not looking for permanent hiding, just get a Delta FF number and have them sub that one in. (Although I find it hard to believe you can't have NO number without canceling the reservation.) Then when you announce the surprise have them switch it back to your real number (before you fly though).

If you're flying to see the mistress, just don't change it back from the Delta number, and for ueber protection, never use that number again. You'll lose the miles, but that's probably the least of your concerns.

Hope you're checking the mail to intercept the receipt NW mails out....
the trip is not to see a mistress its for a surprise visit, so it's a temporary hide only. I do not have a status with delta, or any other airline for that matter; so the 'P' seats that I picked for my flights may be gone by the time i put my NW PE WP # back in; but i think u got to lose something to gain something else.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
the trip is not to see a mistress its for a surprise visit, so it's a temporary hide only. I do not have a status with delta, or any other airline for that matter; so the 'P' seats that I picked for my flights may be gone by the time i put my NW PE WP # back in; but i think u got to lose something to gain something else.
Eligibility for P seats is, I'm almost positive, only checked at time of assignment. So you should be able to buy with your Worldperks number, assign a seat with your elite status, then switch numbers and keep the seat.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 9:08 pm

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
You're almost certainly either misinterpreting the agent or the agent was totally confused. The majority of passengers don't even have frequent flyer numbers, as hard as it is for us FTers to believe. There's actually no reason why a reservation has to have a FF# at all.

Much more likely is that the agent told you that removing the WP# would make the reservation "disappear" - as in disappear from your nwa.com account. If the agent actually removes it entirely, there is no way to automatically see it when you go to nwa.com. However if you first have noted the locator#, you can look it up that way. I recently had them totally remove my WP# when I wanted to switch to my newly Platinum CO# instead for upgrade priority - they did it but told me the reservations will disappear in my account so be sure to write them down. That's exactly what happened - they don't show up in my account anymore.

Originally Posted by raehl311
Eligibility for P seats is, I'm almost positive, only checked at time of assignment. So you should be able to buy with your Worldperks number, assign a seat with your elite status, then switch numbers and keep the seat.
Switching your number online at nwa.com does not actually get rid of your NW WP# in the the record, even if you put a Delta or Continental number in there. If you change it online to DL, for example, it will show as DL in the nwa.com record, but the record will still automatically come up in your nwa account because the WP# is still elsewhere in the actual record. So it won't "hide" it - you do have to call to actually get it removed.

I'm assuming you have somebody else (family member, significant other, boss, ???) who shouldn't know about this trip but who has access to your account. Good luck with that

If you normally earn miles with NW, you may as well sign up with DL, then call NW to remove totally your NW# and add your DL#. Bythe end of next year, your NW and DL accounts will likely be combined due to the merger, so whatever "orphan" DL miles you earn from this trip will be usable along with your NW RDMs when that happens.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Change the password for your WP account!
Old Oct 16, 2008, 10:01 am

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec
Yes -- change your WP account password and make sure you select 'sign out/log out' on the PC so it will not automatically display the next time.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pick2LiteMSP
Yes -- change your WP account password and make sure you select 'sign out/log out' on the PC so it will not automatically display the next time.
That's not an option, because it raises suspicion The account is accessed by a few who will ultimately be surprised
Old Oct 16, 2008, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
That's not an option, because it raises suspicion The account is accessed by a few who will ultimately be surprised
Maybe you can rename all the trips you want hidden as the dullest destination you can think of, or rename the reservation as the name of the city of the place you travel to most often (assuming this is not the same as the place you want to hide) and the res won't get clicked on. Just remember where you are actually going.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 3:31 pm

Just change the password and play dumb that it must be system clitch. Tell them you do not know what is going on but you will be calling NWA to get it straightened out.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 6:06 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
The only place removing a WP number may cause concern is on an award ticket... Other than that, it is no big deal to not have one. But like other posters have said, NW will need to remove it, not just remove it online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.