BOS to PVG on NWA or Delta?

Old Oct 5, 08, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

BOS to PVG on NWA or Delta?

I am looking to use some of my miles for a trip to China next Summer and am looking for advice on which which carrier to use. I am looking to go in BusinessElite on Delta or NWA highest service. I would like to use the carrier that I am going to get the best experiance from.

I checked Singapore airlines first but no availbility for my dates.

I have never flown NWA to China so I am not sure what the experiance is like. What are the seats like? What type of equipent does NWA use?

Thanks for any info....
Old Oct 5, 08, 8:32 pm

NW's DTW-PVG non-stop service next year plans to use 744. In addition, there is a connecting service through NRT to PVG, also on 744. If you can get a WBC upper deck seat, it would definitely be an experience.

NW' Y class is similar to all other carriers' service to PVG. It's not as nice as on 777'Y class, but not bad either.

The schedule may not be convenient if through NRT. Don't know the non-stop DTW-PVG schedule yet. Should be better.
Old Oct 6, 08, 9:05 am

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by jing_canada View Post
NW's DTW-PVG non-stop service next year plans to use 744. In addition, there is a connecting service through NRT to PVG, also on 744. If you can get a WBC upper deck seat, it would definitely be an experience.

NW' Y class is similar to all other carriers' service to PVG. It's not as nice as on 777'Y class, but not bad either.

The schedule may not be convenient if through NRT. Don't know the non-stop DTW-PVG schedule yet. Should be better.
Not sure what you meant by "convenient" but the actual layovers at NRT are quite reasonable. My gripe with the NRT structure is that flights into far Southeast Asia (BKK, SIN) arrive late at night (close to midnight) and depart very early in the morning.

Because of the proximity to NRT, the Chinese flights have much more reasonable arrival and departure times.
Old Oct 8, 08, 1:33 pm

Yeah, but NW (through NRT) still comes into PVG too late to ride the Maglev. The DL 772 from ATL is WAY more comfortable.
Old Oct 8, 08, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
From my own recent (and urrent) experience, your problem is not going to be which carrier is better but rather on which can you actually find award seats. I've been working on 2 seats to PEK and/or HKG with an extremely flexible schedule and it's like pulling teeth!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: