Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

MSP Worldclub questions (and Football!)

Old Sep 7, 2008, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

So, I have a 9 hour layover in MSP on my way to LHR next Sunday. This is my first time flying WBC. Is televised football available in the Worldclubs?

Lacking that, can anyone suggest a good bar/restaurant at the Airport to watch the Vikings?

Also, which club (C concourse or F concourse) is the better one for an extended stay?

Lastly, do the clubs allow temporary luggage drop off if I was going to venture out of the Airport?

Thanks!
Old Sep 7, 2008, 5:37 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, National Executive Elite
It is always on in the concourse C club
Old Sep 7, 2008, 5:40 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, UA Premier, National Executive, Hilton Gold
You should be able to catch a game in the club. There are a number of restaurants where I'm sure they'll have the games on. If not, with 9 hours to kill you'd easily be able to take the light rail to downtown (20 minute ride) or Mall of America (5 minute ride) where you will have no problem finding a decent place to watch the games. I think the F club has a spot to leave luggage (not locked though) and if I'm not mistaken there are lockers somewhere in the terminal (maybe near E). Hope that helps.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
The C club has the new decor and, most importantly, Summit beer on tap.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 7:36 pm

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I've been able to catch NFL and UM (and not Minnesota ) games in MSP WC's without issues.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

One more quick question...

If I leave the airport, what would be a reasonable amount of time to be back before the international departure? 1 hour? 2 hours? Remember, I'll already have boarding passes and luggage will have been checked earlier in the day.

If coming off the light rail, would it be quicker to use the security checkpoint 10 (between G and C concourses) than the main check points?

Thanks again
Old Sep 7, 2008, 11:22 pm

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
I would say that you should be back at the airport, in the security line, 1 hour prior to departure time. A little earlier if you wish to return to the WorldClub and have a drink there prior to boarding.

As for the checkpoint at the back of the parking garage, between G and C, depending on the time of day the line can be very short, or very long. And once you get through security you will be a long way from the international departure gates G1-G8. There is a Priority Line in the main terminal check-in area, reserved for FC, WBC, and Elites, which makes it a snap to clear security there and be much closer to the gates and the larger F-G WorldClub.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 11:53 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Though on the other side of the airport from the international departures, I'd go to the C club which is nicer (similar to the DTW and MEM clubs) than the F/G one. Also the light rail line will put you nearish to the C club as well....

Enjoy your stay!
Old Sep 8, 2008, 11:09 am

Programs: NWA GE -- PRIORITY CLUB PE
C club has lockers with keys for luggage ... I believe the F/G club does not.

Sounds like could use C as a base .. head to the Mall and come back to C ...

Have a great trip.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 11:17 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
F/G club also has lockers with keys. Or, MSP has several banks of lockers airside that you can stuff your bags in. I think it's around $2/hour and uses a fingerprint instead of a key to secure your items. Pretty cool technology I think, and airside!!

I've been in the C club on Monday nights when they played MNF on one of the smaller TVs in the room close to the check-in desk, but if someone's already there watching something, you might have to ask nicely or go to a sports bar.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the great advice and info...!

One would think a Vikings game would take precedent in the MSP WorldClub. Its not like I'd try to do this in DTW when the Lions were on!

We'll see.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
If you leave the airport, definitely use the Skyway checkpoint on the bridge between F & G. Skip the escalators, take the elevators all the way down to the LRT ticketing level.

There are rarely any lines worth mentioning at the Skyway checkpoint.

Most international departures are in the neighborhood of G1-4. You can walk G or take the shuttle along C. I would just walk down G.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
The Skyway checkpoint is a gamble. MOST of the time it's short. But sometimes it can be really long. The main terminal has a lot of lanes to spread people around on, but the G/C checkpoint doesn't, so if a lot of people show up at once, a line forms and the checkpoint just doesn't have the throughput to clear it.

If you're going to the C Worldclub, it might be worth it, but if you're going straight to a G1-G8 gate, the couple minutes of potential time savings probably isn't worth the risk.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 9:06 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Gah, it doesn't matter any more. The Vikes are going to stink. 0-16 for sure. Go outside and get fresh air or go to the mall. The Vikes are done.

(Yes, I'm a bit like the Cleveland Indians fans in the outfield bleachers in the movie Major League)
Old Sep 8, 2008, 10:39 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Ha ha ha... (The sound of a Packers fan getting the last laugh...)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.