NW Appreciation Event v2.0

Old Sep 7, 2008, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation NW Appreciation Event v2.0

Chatter on the board has indicated potential interest for another NW appreciation event, similar to the one held for the Chisholm reservation agents last fall.

A quasi-committee consisting of nroscoe, hnewman, and cjheck (with great assistance by thezipper) has started loosely organizing, but before any major groundwork takes place, we'd like to gauge participation interest from fellow FTers.

So, if this piques your interest, please reply in this thread by answering the following questions:

(1) Would you be willing to donate?
(2) Last time the default donation amount was $20. Would you like to keep this amount, or change it? Keep in mind that we ought to be able to accept any amount--this would just be the "average."
(3) Would you like to again recognize the Chisholm (and MSP and SEA) reservation agents, or should we target some other group at NW?
(4) Similar to question three, should the aforementioned committee decide on the recognition plans, or would the FT masses like more input (votes, etc.)?
Old Sep 7, 2008, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by cjheck
So, if this piques your interest, please reply in this thread by answering the following questions:

(2) Last time the default donation amount was $20. Would you like to keep this amount, or change it? Keep in mind that we ought to be able to accept any amount--this would just be the "average."
(3) Would you like to again recognize the Chisholm (and MSP and SEA) reservation agents, or should we target some other group at NW?
(4) Similar to question three, should the aforementioned committee decide on the recognition plans, or would the FT masses like more input (votes, etc.)?
1) yes-depending on the amount
2) $20 is reasonable
3) Absolutely...Chisholm is a godsend
4) Input please
Old Sep 7, 2008, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
1) Absolutely; this is probably our last chance to recognize them as "NW" Elite Agents

2) $20 seems about right

3) No other part of the NW operation (in my opinion) is as consistently good as the elite line agents...I'd keep the focus the same.

4) I have full faith in the committee to spend the resources wisely...and what a headache for you guys to try and balance what we want too.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
$20 sounds about right. I'd make a joke about the $15 bag check fee that we'd have to take out of the $20, but I don't think it would fly.

Definitely highlight the Chisholm and other elite agents. This may be a farewell party for all we know, and even though things on the surface seem to be going down the tubes, I want them to know we appreciate all the hard work they do.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 7:01 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Soon to be an ex-WP PE
Nwa

I'd be in for $20 too.

I think JC is right. Elite agents.

You guys can handle it.

Have fun.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, DL 0.8MM

1) Yes
2) 20 sounds like a good start - if the number of people giving is less than last year I'd be willing to give more
3) I think the Chisholm agents are a great target - to me they're really the face... err... the voice of NWA!!
4) I think this would be a fine use of the vote function!!
Old Sep 7, 2008, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver
1) Yes,
2) keep $20,
3) I would suggest WC people (front line and back office staffs) - not that rez agents is bad, just that WC staff also do a fantastic job IMO,
4) vote
Old Sep 7, 2008, 8:46 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Basically all the same as above!^
Old Sep 7, 2008, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Chatter on the board has indicated potential interest for another NW appreciation event, similar to the one held for the Chisholm reservation agents last fall.

A quasi-committee consisting of nroscoe, hnewman, and cjheck (with great assistance by thezipper) has started loosely organizing, but before any major groundwork takes place, we'd like to gauge participation interest from fellow FTers.

1) Yes
2) $20 is fine as a suggestion, I imagine many will donate as they can (some more some less)
3) IT folks at NWA need to feel the love.
4) Voting will turn into whining. Benevolent dictatorship would be my preference.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 9:59 pm

Programs: DM-(DL)/CO/AA/US/ RW (Road Warrior)
I like the idea. ^

1) Yes
2)I agree $20 is fine.
3) I would like the funds or items go to Chisholm, MSP, SEA employees who work the phones any other NW Elite reservation agents.
4) Vote

-BondAir007
Old Sep 7, 2008, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Thanks in advance for everyone's participation, keep the orderly responses coming, it looks like we have a good amount of interest! ^
Old Sep 7, 2008, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
I like the idea, would probably send something again, think recognizing the elite agents is good, and am fine with letting the same committee handle organizing; they did a good job last time.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 12:06 am

Programs: AC SE100K, HH G
1) Yes
2) $20 sounds good
3) Chisholm!
4) I am OK with "the voice of experience" making the decision
Old Sep 8, 2008, 5:50 am

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
1) Yes
2) 20+
3) As many of them as possible
4) Glad to have volunteers that will handle it.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 5:54 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
I am in. $20 is fine by me. Chisolm folks are heaven sent. Input not necessary, but status updates are appreciated. Safe Travels Red Tail Denizens!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.