Wiki Posts
Search

WorldClub Entry Age?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2008, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NWA Silver
WorldClub Entry Age?

How old do you have to be to enter WorldClubs? It says on their website 21, but do they ever make exceptions? Even if you have a membership or if you are traveling by yourself?
Old Aug 15, 2008, 1:53 pm

You need to be 21 or guested in by someone older for NW WC. If you're too young you might want to look at AA where you only have to be 18. I believe that's possible because the bar is attended cash.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

That's a shame, but could you find a stranger and gift them into the worldclub as someone over 21, then allowing you into the WorldClub.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by MIFLYER1234
That's a shame, but could you find a stranger and gift them into the worldclub as someone over 21, then allowing you into the WorldClub.
Yes, but you might want to take a look at a recent thread over on the CO forum where some members complained to PC agents about a poster asking for admission.

Not to mention, the person that brings you in bears responsibility for you, and I would not risk my membership on the actions of someone who randomly asked me for entry.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mersk862
Yes, but you might want to take a look at a recent thread over on the CO forum where some members complained to PC agents about a poster asking for admission.

Not to mention, the person that brings you in bears responsibility for you, and I would not risk my membership on the actions of someone who randomly asked me for entry.
No, I don't think you understand me. I buy the membership to a WorldClub whether its a day pass, 60 day etc and then I find a stranger to act as the person over 21 so I could enter the lounge and the stranger could as well for free as my guest.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by MIFLYER1234
No, I don't think you understand me. I buy the membership to a WorldClub whether its a day pass, 60 day etc and then I find a stranger to act as the person over 21 so I could enter the lounge and the stranger could as well for free as my guest.
I don't think they will even let you buy a membership unless you are 21.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 8:19 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
How often do they actually check your age?
Old Aug 15, 2008, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

I hope never, but I'm only 16 so it might look obvious.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 8:40 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
How tall are you? Also wearing a suit and tie often helps make you look older....granted if you are using your underage ID that totally gives it away. Got a passport?
Old Aug 15, 2008, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
How tall are you? Also wearing a suit and tie often helps make you look older....granted if you are using your underage ID that totally gives it away. Got a passport?
6 foot. usually just a polo or a button down shirt. I have a passport but that won't help they can just look at the year I was born.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
How often do they actually check your age?
I actually had one of my guests carded at DCA a couple years back. He was 25... Of course they use that semi-bar setup there.

NW won't sell you either a 60 day membership or a full membership if you are under 21. Your best bet might be to apply the 125 toward buying internet in the terminal and making yourself as comfortable as possible. There is always a possibility someone will guest you in, but understand it is a high risk maneuver for whomever is letting you in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.