Wiki Posts
Search

'Big' Schedule Change Upcoming

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2008, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
'Big' Schedule Change Upcoming

Hi all--was trying to add some seats to a group contract today and was told by the agent I usually work with that she'd like to hold off on doing so because NWA is going to put out a 'big' schedule change this weekend. Not sure what that means but just a head's up to all to watch your itineraries (esp. for future fall bookings) and keep an eye out for some changes...
Old Aug 5, 2008, 4:29 pm
azj

Not surprising since there is a BIG change in the fleet starting in the fall. Now's about the right time for the fall schedule to be loaded into the system. The current schedule runs through mid Sept.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by azj
Not surprising since there is a BIG change in the fleet starting in the fall.
I hope the DC-9s are going to disappear, permanently.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RSVP
^ My back hurts every time I ride one. Even in F.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
Originally Posted by RSVP
I'd rather be on a DC-9 than a jungle jet (regional jet) any day!
Old Aug 5, 2008, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I'd rather be on a DC-9 than a jungle jet (regional jet) any day!
I prefer the CRJ900 over a DC9 any day!

Good thing I purchased some K-class tickets for November already ... capacity is going down I bet.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
NWA already said they will have a 10% or more cutback in the schedule, so now you will see the cuts not anything unexpected.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL, AA
NW already announced that many DC-9s, A320s and 757s will be exiting starting this fall, and this is likely the schedule change to reflect that.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 8:42 pm

And just when NW gets rid of the DC9s them we'll be merged with DL and have MD80s.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 9:53 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Originally Posted by motytrah
And just when NW gets rid of the DC9s them we'll be merged with DL and have MD80s.
No, thank you
Old Aug 5, 2008, 11:07 pm

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
The September schedule was already pretty bleak. I don't know how much worse it could get in October!

With 5 trips already booked between now and Oct. 23, including one to Munich and one to Paris, I will be watching for the schedule changes to come through this weekend. And, as always, every change almost guarantees the opportunity to go in and re-do the entire trip to suit my needs better than what they have changed my flights to.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 12:11 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of MD-80's... can you say 3-1 vs the D9's ... and the 80's will be around ALONG time as they are the first getting the new DL inflight wi-fi...

Old Aug 6, 2008, 6:58 am
azj

The remaining 9s will also be around after the merger, until a suitable replacement is found. That's nothing new... NWA has always said that. The Deltoids seem to forget that their beloved big D is merging with NWA because they have pieces to the puzzle they need. Midwest, Pacific, 744s, DC9s and 333s. The DC9 fills a void in the DL fleet, thus the reasoning behind keeping them around until something viable comes along to replace them. Can we say... Cseries?

Last edited by azj; Aug 6, 2008 at 8:45 am Reason: the 333... to further prove my point
Old Aug 6, 2008, 8:15 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by azj
The remaining 9s will also be around after the merger, until a suitable replacement is found. That's nothing new... NWA has always said that. The Deltoids seem to forget that their beloved big D is merging with NWA because they have pieces to the puzzle they need. Midwest, Pacific, 744s and DC9s. The DC9 fills a void in the DL fleet, thus the reasoning behind keeping them around until something viable comes along to replace them. Can we say... Cseries?
Midwest, Pacific...yes.

744s and DC9s...really?
Old Aug 6, 2008, 8:39 am

Programs: NW Silver Elite
I don't mind the MD-80 & 90's. It's quite nice to have 1 less middle seat in every row.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.