Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

The New NWA.com [Please Post Comments, Critiques & Bug Reports]

The New NWA.com [Please Post Comments, Critiques & Bug Reports]

Old Jul 31, 08, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW 2%, Delta Diamond since 2005 and through 2016
Exclamation The New NWA.com [Please Post Comments, Critiques & Bug Reports]

Looks like they've re-worked the website.

It's a good look but I liked how your mileage total showed up on the face of the old site. You have to tab to it now.

^
Old Jul 31, 08, 2:41 am
formerly jameskwon

Programs: AA, DL, Bonvoy, WoH, HH
Holy!
it's getting more and more "BLUErized" A.K.A "DeREDzation"
Old Jul 31, 08, 2:44 am

Programs: HHilton, Delta, NWA
Thumbs down New Website

Yikes! What happened to my WorldPerks total?
Old Jul 31, 08, 3:23 am

Programs: DL DM 4.4 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium
I do not like the reservation section

You got to look at your reservation and see if you got upgraded and you have to click more by pullling down change seats. Before you just saw your seat assignment.
Old Jul 31, 08, 4:21 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
Oh my, this is exciting!
Old Jul 31, 08, 5:34 am

I just opened the site and woow. But I can't find the mileage summary, which so prominently was displayed before. Let's see how it works. Interesting that they would rework the site when the merger is just around the corner. Unfortunately the calendar function does not work, at least not using Opera.
Old Jul 31, 08, 6:19 am

I haven't done any usability testing of it, yet, but on the surface it looks a lot cleaner and more refined than the old site.

And as far as the comments about rolling out the new website despite the merger. Just image the NW logo replaced by the DL logo, and the color scheme shifted slightly, and that is your new DL.com.
Old Jul 31, 08, 6:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
A website color scheme moving from red toward blue is an interesting call given the forced march forward into DL's arms.

I wonder if the award searching has been adjusted too. For the past couple of days, www.nwa.com has been way more glitchy than usual for award travel searches suggesting something else was being done too.
Old Jul 31, 08, 6:38 am

Programs: DL DM 4.4 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium
Just got fixed

Originally Posted by hnewman View Post
You got to look at your reservation and see if you got upgraded and you have to click more by pullling down change seats. Before you just saw your seat assignment.
Wow that was fast. Thanks web team. ^
Old Jul 31, 08, 6:39 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
A website color scheme moving from red toward blue is an interesting call given the forced march forward into DL's arms.

I wonder if the award searching has been adjusted too. For the past couple of days, www.nwa.com has been way more glitchy than usual for award travel searches suggesting something else was being done too.
Hey check this out, award searches actually work to EZE! At least in the past I could not get it to show. Still no revenue flights showing, but hey its a start! Not bad eh? Some steak in Puerto Madero anyone? Safe travels!
Old Jul 31, 08, 6:43 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
very pleasant to the eye ^ now we'll see about functionality!
Old Jul 31, 08, 6:54 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
So.... Does this mean the NW forum will get a NWA Web Dev Lurker like another airline

Please report bugs you come across, or other issues... NWA IT is watching FT today ...

Originally Posted by humanoid94 View Post
I haven't done any usability testing of it, yet, but on the surface it looks a lot cleaner and more refined than the old site.

And as far as the comments about rolling out the new website despite the merger. Just image the NW logo replaced by the DL logo, and the color scheme shifted slightly, and that is your new DL.com.
You don't know how close to the truth you really are The web site may turn "blue", but I think the "red team" will be in first place ... if you know what I mean...

Originally Posted by hnewman View Post
Wow that was fast. Thanks web team. ^
They are watching and listening... just be nice today, I think the critique of the "MY NWA Info" being less than what it was is a good topic, something for them to bring back....

Originally Posted by Watchful View Post
very pleasant to the eye ^ now we'll see about functionality!
It may be a bit slow today with the roll-out, so give them some slack... should be back to full speed by tomorrow.
Old Jul 31, 08, 6:56 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by thezipper View Post
Please report bugs you come across, or other issues... NWA IT is watching FT today ...
Why isn't all of NWA watching FT every day? Talk about free QA!

www.nwa.com seems to have changed, res.nwa.com seems to have been unchanged.

Too little info on each screen. We can handle more info. Fonts are too big.

Things that used to be on the main screen, or one click away, are now buried.

Still no seat-assignment reminder.

Two steps forward, two steps back.

Welcome to the new delta.com.

Steve B.

Last edited by sbagdon; Jul 31, 08 at 7:02 am
Old Jul 31, 08, 7:00 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA PP, DL SM/MM, HH Dia, All Plat, PC Plat, MR Gold
The Travel Reservations Summary is not pleasing to the eye. Strange that the confirmation number is in larger font than the important details (date in particular). Please put the date and destination first. I also don't like how it takes multiple steps to get to your reservations page -- in the old nwa.com, you could see your reservations with one click.
Old Jul 31, 08, 7:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GTITAN View Post
Hey check this out, award searches actually work to EZE! At least in the past I could not get it to show. Still no revenue flights showing, but hey its a start! Not bad eh? Some steak in Puerto Madero anyone? Safe travels!
You know I can appreciate when award travel to EZE is available (on CO and DL). ^^

The new site looks "sharper" making somethings easier to read and other things more of a strain on the eye. I definitely need to toy around with it more.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 31, 08 at 7:12 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: