Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

The New NWA.com [Please Post Comments, Critiques & Bug Reports]

The New NWA.com [Please Post Comments, Critiques & Bug Reports]

Old Jul 31, 2008, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
Looks too "square-ish"

I'll admit it looks good on the eyes but whoever designed the images and layouts can have softer corners to make it even better.

And yeah, I don't like how you have to click more in order to get to your reservations and look at your seat assignments.
I agree overall it is not better or worse just different.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL GE
Ughh.. I wish I didn't have to click on the tabs and navigate to My Account Settings or View Reservations that used to be boom right in front of me.

I know they expect some people are coming to the site to book tickets, but I liked be able to get to these items fast w/o having to think, or navigate.

Just my 2 cents.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 8:05 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
Originally Posted by hnewman
You got to look at your reservation and see if you got upgraded and you have to click more by pullling down change seats. Before you just saw your seat assignment.
+1 The reservation section is not as nice/readable as it was
Old Jul 31, 2008, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL FO - CO Gold
Sucks
Old Jul 31, 2008, 9:45 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Looks nice, more "modern" than before. Would be nice if "My NWA Info" was showing without a click. I need to play with it more though.

Ooh, when viewing a reservation and clicking the "Sandwich and Salad Meals for sale" link, I like this new design better. Much cleaner and easier to read.

Last edited by TheMoose; Jul 31, 2008 at 9:54 pm
Old Jul 31, 2008, 10:16 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Total failure for useability. The site is now designed strictly for booking your reservations and not managing them. And the booking part is the thing I am on there for the least.

I would venture to say the most hits to NWA.com are for checking the status of a flight, and they have now buried this (big mistake). Second most hits is probably for managing existing reservations, also buried and when you find it the new manage my reservation page is HORRIBLE.

The small amount of info on the My NWA is a waste of space. Fill that space with a link to manage reservations and acct summary!!!!! also check in.

Major disappointment! anyone have a link to a funcational version of the old design?
Old Jul 31, 2008, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by Lehava
I would venture to say the most hits to NWA.com are for checking the status of a flight, and they have now buried this (big mistake).
I don't see how they've buried this? When you go to the new home page, there is a big tab in the middle that says "Flight & Gate Status". One click and you're there. Is this "buried"?

I think it's different and we're all not used to it yet, but I'm starting to like some of the new designs as I play with the site more.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 11:19 pm

Well I did this to fix my problem with it..

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...f/NWALinks.jpg

I am sure most people know Firefox and IE allow this, but if it helps just one person, then I have done my job. ^
Old Jul 31, 2008, 11:25 pm

I like this site better haha...

http://mobile.nwa.com/mt/www.nwa.com
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:30 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Problem on the mobile site: when you call up a reservation the seat numbers used to be links that took you to the seat selection page. Now they aren't links and I can't change seats using my PDA.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by TheMoose
I don't see how they've buried this? When you go to the new home page, there is a big tab in the middle that says "Flight & Gate Status". One click and you're there. Is this "buried"?

I think it's different and we're all not used to it yet, but I'm starting to like some of the new designs as I play with the site more.
Technically it is buried. You can no longer search flight status from the initial hompage. You must uncover it by clicking on a tab first.

I agree with the OP - the two most important features of nwa.com are now "hidden" and require more clicks to get to. That, from a usability standpoint, is the worst thing a web developer can do.

-RM
Old Aug 1, 2008, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I agree with the OP - the two most important features of nwa.com are now "hidden" and require more clicks to get to. That, from a usability standpoint, is the worst thing a web developer can do.
The "two most important features of nwa.com" is an extremely subjective. What's important to you may not be important to others. And obviously, "buried" in terms of a web page is extremely subjective as well.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 8:09 am

Programs: HH-Diamond
Flight Status

Too bad the Flight Status page is now a click away from the home page.
I use it all the time (and I'm sure that limo drivers, hotel shuttle drivers, bus drivers, people picking up pax use just as much).

I have some suggestions for the flight status page:

The old Flight Status page used bold face for the category names (gate, actual, scheduled, aircraft, etc.) while the post-8/1/08 page uses the same font for both the category and value.

As well, the font size used is much smaller despite the available real estate on the page. Any chance it could be bumped up a few sizes?
Old Aug 1, 2008, 9:07 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by boxo
Just booked an award and [clicking on] the calendar worked.
Calendar clicks still NOT working on expanded search options page.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:07 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Emerald Aisle Executive
I don't care what I could have got to eat in WBC in July, I want to know what I'm getting in August and Sept.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.