Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

NW Gold Elite Upgrade Chances On Delta

Old Jul 14, 08, 8:01 am
Original Poster

I know this has probably been discussed many, many times, but I can't seem to find an answer to my question.

I am flying DL through ATL to Mexico. Delta has my World Perks number on file with the reservation. Does DL upgrade NW World Perks elite passengers (Gold) if seats are available?

The flights are all DL designated.

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 14, 08, 8:16 am

Programs: AC SE100K, HH G
No. Not until after the merger.
Old Jul 14, 08, 8:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by dwsnc View Post
I know this has probably been discussed many, many times, but I can't seem to find an answer to my question.

I am flying DL through ATL to Mexico. Delta has my World Perks number on file with the reservation. Does DL upgrade NW World Perks elite passengers (Gold) if seats are available?

Thanks in advance
Sorry, but you are likely to be out of luck unless and until the "merger" closes (and even then a further wait is possible).

DL does not upgrade NW elites except maybe in the non-ordinary circumstance where DL needs to upgrade someone for operational reasons and a NW elite gets selected.

[FWIW, NW seems upgrade DL elite far more frequently than DL upgrades NW elites -- but even this is usually a non-ordinary result.]
Old Jul 14, 08, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by dwsnc View Post

Thanks in advance
Se the graphic below ;0

Slim

You

None
Old Jul 14, 08, 2:18 pm
ed1

Programs: NW: SE & WC
AFAIK, the only way is OpUps and as a reward for taking a VDB (I got UGed on the ATL-TPA leg for taking a VDB on my TUS-ATL-TPA).
Old Jul 14, 08, 2:21 pm
ed1

Programs: NW: SE & WC
Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
Se the graphic below ;0

Slim

You

None
It took me a while to notice that it was a wink smilie that didn't work.

I was going to respond to the OP with 2 chances: Slim and None, and slim ain't lookin' too good, but you beat me to it.
Old Jul 14, 08, 3:08 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
I know they do on Continental. How about Air France or KLM? Does anyone know?
Old Jul 14, 08, 4:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Amtrak S+, AA Gold, UA*S, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by al613 View Post
I know they do on Continental. How about Air France or KLM? Does anyone know?
Pft, AF doesn't even UG its own elites. AF's upgrades are done through some secret code by their marketing department or are OpUps. Check out the FB forum for more info. I'm just hoping that NW/DL will UG me as a FB elite.
Old Jul 14, 08, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Rus925 View Post
Pft, AF doesn't even UG its own elites. AF's upgrades are done through some secret code by their marketing department or are OpUps. Check out the FB forum for more info. I'm just hoping that NW/DL will UG me as a FB elite.
Op-ups on intra-Europe AF/KL are not uncommon if you are GE/PE -- all depends on how fully Y is and where they have positioned the divider that day.

As I recall, FB elites are eligible for NW domestic upgrades.
Old Jul 15, 08, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
Unhappy

it doesn't hurt to ask. I just scored an upgrade SLC-BIL on a DL CR900. There was about 4 open seats so the GA had no problem with it.
Old Jul 15, 08, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gaugeguy View Post
it doesn't hurt to ask. I just scored an upgrade SLC-BIL on a DL CR900. There was about 4 open seats so the GA had no problem with it.
Wait, let me get this straight. As a NW PE you just walk up to the GA and ask for an UG if there is empty seats in F? They just smile and hand you your new BP?

You're kidding right?
Old Jul 15, 08, 10:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Amtrak S+, AA Gold, UA*S, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by tomh009 View Post
...As I recall, FB elites are eligible for NW domestic upgrades.
Only if your FB account lists you as living outside "America" and "Mexico" (not sure if that includes Canada.)
Old Jul 16, 08, 1:01 am

Programs: DELTA
Red face The Borg

Originally Posted by tomh009 View Post
No. Not until after the merger.
To be a bit more succinct, not until after the acquisition.

To quote a line from Star Trek, TNG: "You have been assimilated... resistance is futile!"

-A
Old Jul 16, 08, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by Rus925 View Post
Only if your FB account lists you as living outside "America" and "Mexico" (not sure if that includes Canada.)
Right ... as US, Canadian & Mexican residents are expected to join WP rather than FB, and Europeans to join FB rather than WP.
Old Jul 16, 08, 7:10 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
Talking

Originally Posted by mnredfox View Post
Wait, let me get this straight. As a NW PE you just walk up to the GA and ask for an UG if there is empty seats in F? They just smile and hand you your new BP?

You're kidding right?
Nope,

That's exactly what I did and the GA looked up the notes or procedure for invol F upgrade and handed me a new boarding pass just like that. I thanked her for doing it even though the merger wasn't done. It was a nice first time ride for me in a CRJ900 F.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: