Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

NW Gold Elite Upgrade Chances On Delta

NW Gold Elite Upgrade Chances On Delta

Old Jul 16, 08, 10:46 pm

Programs: DL MM
My UGs on NWA flights are 50% as a DL PM. My wife who is not elite of any program, as a companion on NW, her UGs are 50%.
Old Jul 17, 08, 4:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by skchin View Post
My UGs on NWA flights are 50% as a DL PM. My wife who is not elite of any program, as a companion on NW, her UGs are 50%.
How many NW flights have you taken as a DL PM where such an upgrade happened?
Old Jul 17, 08, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gaugeguy View Post
Nope,

That's exactly what I did and the GA looked up the notes or procedure for invol F upgrade and handed me a new boarding pass just like that. I thanked her for doing it even though the merger wasn't done. It was a nice first time ride for me in a CRJ900 F.
Amazing. Anyone else with such luck?
Old Jul 18, 08, 11:20 am

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
Talking

Originally Posted by mnredfox View Post
Amazing. Anyone else with such luck?
Just asked again in Bil and was upgraded to Slc. Now hopefully I can get one for Slc-Sea.
Old Jul 18, 08, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ Super Plats
It's possible that all hooks for mutual upgrades are visible in the DL system although they are not supposed to be used for NW elites. My info (from very reliable sources) almost 2 years ago was that mutual upgrades were to have been started when DL's computers were ready sometime in 1st quarter 2007. That effort was put on ice when U.S. Airways made its takeover bid so DL could focus on avoiding Doug I.

The work has probably been completed but deferred while other events take their course. There were a number of indications/postings in 2007 suggesting that the capability was implemented.

My guess would be that the GA in SLC jumped the gun.
Old Jul 18, 08, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by MikeMpls View Post
It's possible that all hooks for mutual upgrades are visible in the DL system although they are not supposed to be used for NW elites. My info (from very reliable sources) almost 2 years ago was that mutual upgrades were to have been started when DL's computers were ready sometime in 1st quarter 2007. That effort was put on ice when U.S. Airways made its takeover bid so DL could focus on avoiding Doug I.

The work has probably been completed but deferred while other events take their course. There were a number of indications/postings in 2007 suggesting that the capability was implemented.

My guess would be that the GA in SLC jumped the gun.
You know every time I ask for an u/g when am traveling via DL metal, I am politely declined, which of course is fine, as that's the rules. My "favorite decline" was back last year on a red-eye from LAX-ATL when I asked for an upgrade and was declined and to boot they were selling $150 upgrades at the gate to anyone. Good Ol' DL. Safe travels.

Last edited by GTITAN; Jul 18, 08 at 12:25 pm Reason: grammar clean-up

Search this Thread
Search Engine: