Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

EUA on Copa Airlines for NW Elites?

Old May 27, 2008, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Do NW elites receive free upgrades on Copa Airlines?
Old May 27, 2008, 5:53 pm

Programs: CO Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by dldkjones
Do NW elites receive free upgrades on Copa Airlines?
Historically no, and that has not changed as far as I have seen.
Old May 27, 2008, 7:38 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Do a search and you will find that NW elites sometimes get free upgrades. Ms Bago'Peanuts (NW Gold) and I (NW Plat) have been upgraded 2 of 4 flights in 2008. It is certainly hit or miss, tho, and I've never been upgraded prior to 2008. Make sure your NW WP number is on Copa's record -- I usually ask when I call for seat assignments.
Old May 28, 2008, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Bag'o... were these gate upgrades or advanced upgrades? Did you ask for the upgrades? Were the flights oversold in back (i.e., op-ups)?

Thanks in advance!

edited to add... Hey! My 2112th post!
(Rush fans will get the reference)
Old May 28, 2008, 4:11 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Trayflow, those were gate upgrades about 30 minutes prior to the flights. I don't think coach was oversold, but (as they say) "don't look back", so I'm not really sure.

Back in 2006 it was more frustrating because the COPA phone agents would say that I was 'on the upgrade list' but at the gate the agents would deny any possibility and mention that WP members have no chance. Their story was that "they were working on it" and "it will be possible for WP members in the future, but not quite yet."

For my flights in 2007 (2 of 4) I was given the upgrade only when First was relatively empty. When I missed, First was completely full.
Old May 28, 2008, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL GM
My business partner (NW Silver) was offered an upgrade on Copa last month after boarding, but as he was traveling with a companion and they already had bulkhead seats, he passed.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 1:32 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Any more evidence of upgrades on Copa for NW elites?
Old Jul 29, 2009, 9:03 am

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Originally Posted by asnovici
Any more evidence of upgrades on Copa for NW elites?
I have no personal experience of late ... but this will be going away when Copa and CO leave for Star

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.