Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Spring 2008 "Miles to Go" Promotion [May 22-July 31 2008] (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spring 2008 "Miles to Go" Promotion [May 22-July 31 2008] (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2008, 12:11 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Cheapskate Travels
Has anybody's point total appeared yet in the point summary?

Big goose egg here for all family accounts.
Nothing yet for me either.
Old May 25, 2008, 1:02 pm

This is awesome! No points posted yet though... soon enough I am sure!
Old May 25, 2008, 1:06 pm

Question regarding T&C 14:
14. Eat at a Rewards Network Dining For Miles restaurant. Eligible partners: Rewards Network Dining For Miles. No minimum purchase is required. Must dine at participating Rewards Network Dining For Miles restaurants.

Do I get 5 points twice if I go to one place for lunch and another for dinner? (or same place for that matter?)
Old May 25, 2008, 1:41 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I had 5 points posted for the daily online game as of the evening of May 24....Today 5/25 I just checked and I am now back to 0 points....I am sensing a new version of the T&Cs' soon

I redeeemed $25 dollars in e-rewards for my wife's account and 5 points are now showing up in the Points Summary page for this promotion...
Old May 25, 2008, 2:02 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by forextrader
Email from NW:

Thank you for contacting WorldPerks.

The Miles to Go offer may not be combined with any other major offers or
activities.

All qualifying WorldPerks Mall purchases made prior to June 30th would
go towards the Mom's and Dad's promotion, as you registered for this
promotion first.

Your WorldPerks Mall purchases made after June 30, 2008 and prior to
August 1, 2008 would count towards to Miles to Go promotion.
This concerns me greatly. Examples:

Currently there are two 20,000 mile, free for a year NWA credit card offers, one personal, the other business. If I sign up for the Miles to Go promo first, do I forgo the 20K each in favor of the 200 points, worth only 5,000 miles?

Currently V.I.P members of the NWA iDine program earn 10 miles/$1 spent. Do I forgo this in favor of the 5 points for the Miles to Go promo?

NWA WorldPerks Vacations, FDT Flowers, WorldPerks hotel brands, six WorldPerks car rental partners, SuperShuttle , and most everything else on the list offer miles for doing business with them. Do I forgo these miles in favor of points?

I am at a loss to advise my readers on this. Would someone who knows the correct NWA email address to address the questions please post it here?

Thanks.
Old May 25, 2008, 2:32 pm

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
It's interesting that it says you can earn miles for enrolling in WorldPerks. Yet to earn points you need to enroll in the promotion with your WP number prior to earning points for any qualifying activities. So how exactly do you provide your WP number to the promotion before a WP number is issued to you?
Here's what I'm hoping is the answer. On the Miles to Go page with the summary listing the points available for each activity, next to the block listing the opening of a new account as an activity, you can click on "enroll." My assumption is that opening the new account via this link will earn the points. But that's impossible to confirm at this point because it seems like they're either not yet posting any points earned to date (i.e. zero points balances per the link posted earlier in this thread) or they've not yet given us the link to the live points summary. So even though I opened a new account for my daughter via the Miles to Go link, I can't yet confirm that the link actually awards the points.

As pgary requested above, is there an email address where we could pursue these questions? I'll try a general email query, but if someone has a more accurately-targeted address, please share.

Last edited by Helena Handbaskets; May 25, 2008 at 2:51 pm
Old May 25, 2008, 6:38 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles (Silver), PriorityClub (Platinum), BA, AA, CO, Hilton Honor, SPG
Originally Posted by tanzaniancane
Question regarding T&C 14:
14. Eat at a Rewards Network Dining For Miles restaurant. Eligible partners: Rewards Network Dining For Miles. No minimum purchase is required. Must dine at participating Rewards Network Dining For Miles restaurants.

Do I get 5 points twice if I go to one place for lunch and another for dinner? (or same place for that matter?)
I would think 5 points count per transcation. Maybe I should just find a place close to my home, order just an appetizer to go using a registered credit card :-)
Old May 25, 2008, 6:42 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles (Silver), PriorityClub (Platinum), BA, AA, CO, Hilton Honor, SPG
Originally Posted by fredpeckville
Can we sign up for more that one US Bank check card for this promo?
If I were you, I would get one WorldPerks Visa Signature, and one Platinum, credit card. It should count twice. = 400 points...

If you can spend $5000 each account you open, there is another =100 points

If you play the game everyday until the end of promotion = 350 points

Total of 850 points already... nice deal!!!
Old May 25, 2008, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by skowse
mine still shows 0
Still zero Wonder if point summary will show up once any partner transcation show up on the account.
Old May 25, 2008, 10:06 pm

Thanks. I actually already ahve those carsd. Do you think that I could get credit for all four Check Cards?
Old May 26, 2008, 8:28 am

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by eddielam
If I were you, I would get one WorldPerks Visa Signature, and one Platinum, credit card. It should count twice. = 400 points...
Just remember that every credit card you apply for lowers your credit rating!
Old May 26, 2008, 9:35 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yogimax
Just remember that every credit card you apply for lowers your credit rating!
Doesn't seem to anymore. I just checked my score after applying for four new mileage cards and it was 990 (top score) under this new "Vantage" scheme. They realized FICO was not predictive after the mortgage disaster and seem to have less weight on new plastique.
Old May 26, 2008, 11:54 am

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by pgary
This concerns me greatly. Examples:

Currently there are two 20,000 mile, free for a year NWA credit card offers, one personal, the other business. If I sign up for the Miles to Go promo first, do I forgo the 20K each in favor of the 200 points, worth only 5,000 miles?

Thanks.
In that particular case, I think the T&C already address this:

# Get a WorldPerks Visa Signature, Platinum, or Business Card. Eligible partners: WorldPerks Visa Signature, Platinum, and Business Cards. Offer applies only to new accounts. Applications must be submitted and processed by July 31, 2008. Must be approved for and use the Card or pay the annual fee in order for points to be earned. Applications submitted but not approved do not qualify for points. All terms and conditions of U.S. Bank and WorldPerks Visa apply. Bonus Miles earned are in addition to any Enrollment Bonus Miles issued by partner.
Old May 26, 2008, 11:57 am

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by eddielam
I wouldn't count on that without confirmation from NW. I've noticed that several of the T&C specifically state that multiple purchases/signups/whatever count.

For example:
Play the Miles To Go Sweepstakes and Instant Win Game...Points will be awarded each day the game is played.
Rent a car from one of the six WorldPerks car rental partners. Eligible partners: Alamo®, Avis®, Dollar®, Hertz®, National®, and Thrifty®. Each car rental counts as a qualifying activity.

Stay at one of the over 75 WorldPerks hotel brands. Each stay counts as a qualifying activity.

The CC T&C has no such statement.
I am not counting on getting multiple point bonuses from a partner unless it specifically states I can or I get an email from NW clarifying that I can.
Old May 26, 2008, 12:22 pm

Promotion doesn't include Canadian WP members !

Bad Northwest !

The T and C's of this promotion appear to exclude ( or not include ) Canadian based WP members.

Does anyone see any downside in me moving in with a friend / relative in the USA for the term of this promotion ?

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.