Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

NW2040 Emergency Landing in Fargo [Compass FA sets fire in ERJ-175 Lav]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NW2040 Emergency Landing in Fargo [Compass FA sets fire in ERJ-175 Lav]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2008, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, DL 0.8MM
Originally Posted by sbagdon
Some will argue culpability, some will argue responsibility, some will argue spin-control...
I'm going to argue on the side of NW on this one...

This isn't about being underpaid or having to work a bad route or not being properly screened or anything like that - some people just lose it... NASA probably does considerably more psych screening than NW - did it help them?
Old Sep 7, 2008, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Perhaps he has surfaced??????

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TRAVEL/09/06...ted/index.html
Old Sep 7, 2008, 3:53 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Originally Posted by crunchie
Yes, people need to lighten up before the government ups the valium dose in our drinking water.

Ok, this is a very scary development: Flight attendant accused of setting fire on airplane

This is just wrong on so many levels.

That aside, I wonder why the other FAs were not able to put it out with the extinguishers on board. I'm guessing they're using ABC rated extinguishers so they'll work even if the plastics caught fire. If the plane landed safely without half the plane ruined, it probably didn't spread much (guessing here).

I'm just wondering if they were spraying at the dancing flames instead of the source of the fire (whatever's burning). Have seen that all too often even with people that have gone through training but never actually dealt with a real fire.

Either way, I hope they throw the book at the guy if he really did start it. What an absolute moron risking 59 lifes just because he's a whinny loser. Let him do hard time in a federal pen. He can play FA on any block he likes.
Valium? In my water?? Why am I so keyed up, then?? :-)
Old Aug 5, 2011, 1:37 pm

http://www.leaderpost.com/news/Fugit...577/story.html

REGINA — A young flight attendant accused of starting a fire in a trash bin aboard an airliner flying between Minneapolis-St. Paul and Regina in 2008 has been returned to the U.S. to face a trial over the incident.

Eder Rojas had been at large since September 2008, when he failed to appear for a hearing on a charge of destruction of aircraft of facility.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 2:37 pm

Programs: AC*E, A3*S, SPG Gold
As a passenger on this flight, I was a very happy camper upon hearing this news.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 2:02 am

http://www.leaderpost.com/news/Fligh...890/story.html

REGINA -- Eder Rojas, the young airline steward charged with setting a fire in the washroom of an airliner flying between Minneapolis/St. Paul and Regina in May 2008, has formally entered a guilty plea.
A week later, Rojas, who is now 23 years of age, was charged with starting a fire aboard an aircraft, a charge that carries with it a statutory maximum penalty of 20 years in jail.
I'm still astonished that a foreign national who stood accused of committing an act of domestic terrorism, the attempted murder of 70 passengers and crew, was released on bail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.