Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Only 1 Checked Bag for NW Elites on DL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Only 1 Checked Bag for NW Elites on DL?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2008, 10:51 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Angry

Originally Posted by knighthawks97
The Delta Web site says otherwise:

https://www.delta.com/help/faqs/baggage/index.jsp

Grrrrrrrrrrr.... What the heck! So much for consistency! I was close to buying a domestic ticket where I had to haul stuff to another place. I will just go for United and get my 3 free bags to checkin. There goes revenue for Delta due to their discrimination of SkyTeam Elite Plus members.
Old May 8, 2008, 12:30 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TravellingMan
Grrrrrrrrrrr.... What the heck! So much for consistency! I was close to buying a domestic ticket where I had to haul stuff to another place. I will just go for United and get my 3 free bags to checkin. There goes revenue for Delta due to their discrimination of SkyTeam Elite Plus members.
Having had reps answering DL's SMS line mislead me -- a DL Medallion -- to my financial detriment several times, I'm not surprised to hear when someone is told something that is different than what has been listed on DL's systems.

Out of the major airlines in the US that are part of the big three global airline alliances, does this mean DL is the worst when it comes to alliance elites' baggage allowance? Is even CO as bad as DL in this area? If not, then DL is the worst in this area.
Old May 8, 2008, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
If not, then DL is the worst in this area.
They would not even let me into the Crown Room when I am on an international itinerary. So much for being the founding member of SkyTeam.

Me thinks if this merger goes through and I have lost my free unlimited domestic upgrades and the good folks at Seattle and Chisholm call center, there is nothing much left to stick to SkyTeam for. Might as well go One World. Even if BA sucks in OneWorld (who in their right mind wants to stopover in LHR), there is Cathay and LAN to get me somewhere.
Old May 8, 2008, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM, AA, BA, National Emerald
Delta SUCKS!
Old May 9, 2008, 7:38 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I did a CO flight yesterday and it took about 5 minutes or so for them to double check if I had to pay. They eventually got it right, but overall there is a lot of confusion wiht everyone and the new rules.
Old May 9, 2008, 8:30 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TravellingMan
They would not even let me into the Crown Room when I am on an international itinerary. So much for being the founding member of SkyTeam.

Me thinks if this merger goes through and I have lost my free unlimited domestic upgrades and the good folks at Seattle and Chisholm call center, there is nothing much left to stick to SkyTeam for. Might as well go One World. Even if BA sucks in OneWorld (who in their right mind wants to stopover in LHR), there is Cathay and LAN to get me somewhere.
"I feel your pain." I've seen DL Platinums on a same-day international SkyTeam-only DL-award ticket itinerary denied entry from a DL CRC where both agents at the CRC stuck to their guns that a DL Platinum was not entitled to access. I wish I could say that I've only seen this once, but it's been more than that -- and this denial of entry violates DL's own rules (and "capacity" was not being invoked nor could it be by any reasonable standard).
Old May 9, 2008, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by bobemac
I just called DL Customer care at (404) 715-1450.
I spoke to Robin,and I asked her why DL doesn't treat NW Platinums
the same as DL Platinums.

Robin spent thirty minutes trying to find an answer, but she was unable
to help me. This is pretty scary. The DL CSRs don't even know the policy.

My wife is a NW elite, and we travel with golf clubs.

Does anybody have the actual rules?
Why don't u fly NW then? Or are you guys golfing in South America??

Choice is a beautiful thing . . . More than one airline out there, more than one FF program too
Old May 10, 2008, 11:34 am

I have given up dealing with Delta. I check in online or at a kiosk. Never the need to talk to a Delta rep unless I have to rebook a ticket. Never bothered with the crown room at all. Why bother when you know the answer.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
"I feel your pain." I've seen DL Platinums on a same-day international SkyTeam-only DL-award ticket itinerary denied entry from a DL CRC where both agents at the CRC stuck to their guns that a DL Platinum was not entitled to access.
Old May 12, 2008, 10:42 am

Programs: DL DM, former NW PE
The DL website is now specifically addressing this issue in their "Baggage Allowance FAQ's":

Will SkyTeam Elite/ElitePlus customers be given an exception to the charge?

No. SkyTeam Elite/ElitePlus customers traveling in the economy cabin will be permitted 1 bag free of charge and their 2nd bag (and any additional) will be subject to the appropriate fees.
Time for NW to "revise" their policy on STE/+ when that status is on DL.
Old May 12, 2008, 11:22 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
I can't stand DL. I flew WN over DL to SLC this spring, even though it meant no EQMs. THe price was the same, although the schedule on WN was marginally better. If it had been CO or NW I would have flown them - but no way I was giving incremental revenue to DL if possible. This policy is a perfect example of why I dread any possible merger and will probably bolt a DL+NW combo.
Old May 12, 2008, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by Mill Creek Don
The DL website is now specifically addressing this issue in their "Baggage Allowance FAQ's":

Time for NW to "revise" their policy on STE/+ when that status is on DL.
<RANT COMMENCE> Oh my God what an absolute load of bull. Anybody who knows how I have posted through the years knows that I try to be upbeat, and that I am a glass half full kind of guy, but this is just the biggest load of bull ever. I cannot fathom how an integral member of Skyteam does this. They're just unreal over there as of late. Well thank heaven, soon we'll be included in the DL family. Then it will be great .... NOT <RANT OVER>

Safe travels friends.
Old May 12, 2008, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by GTITAN
I cannot fathom how an integral member of Skyteam does this. They're just unreal over there as of late. Well thank heaven, soon we'll be included in the DL family. Then it will be great .... NOT
Delta - El Cheapo! To believe they are one of the founding members of SkyTeam. Just goes along with their plans to screw the other US members of SkyTeam.
Old May 12, 2008, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
This is ridiculous! Just when you think DL can't sink any lower, low and behold!

I want to write someone about this. Do you think it would be better to write DL to b!tch them out or TTU NW and complain to them about this (in hope that enough complaints would get them to talk to DL and have this sorted out)?
Old May 13, 2008, 5:13 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
I believe the loss in business will exceed the increased revenue from this baggage policy - for the time being at least.

I appreciate Delta trying so hard to show Northwest flyers how welcome they are to the family with this and other policies to boast the status of their elites vs Worldperks members.
Old May 13, 2008, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by GrizShel
I believe the loss in business will exceed the increased revenue from this baggage policy - for the time being at least.

I appreciate Delta trying so hard to show Northwest flyers how welcome they are to the family with this and other policies to boast the status of their elites vs Worldperks members.
Yes, this combined with the DEQM fiasco definitely set a nice precedent that NW elites are second class citizens in the DL family. If UA, AA, US, or even CO were smart, they would begin to craft promotions to try to grab NW elites.

Couple suggestions:

1. Free and automatic status matches.
2. UA or anyone else could run "Detroit, Minneapolis, and Memphis, you mean the world to us" style promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.