FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   The Last NW Flight Doo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/812906-last-nw-flight-doo.html)

cmh flyer Apr 14, 2008 8:29 pm

The Last NW Flight Doo

We should start planning a get together.....a wake.......a Celebration of Life, so to speak, for the last NW flight. I wonder if it would be possible for NW FT'ers to have a ceremonial get together on the last day of service on one of the flights under the NWA name?? :cool:

It IS a moment in history to remember.

squawk7500 Apr 14, 2008 8:40 pm

A fitting replacement for the 747 charter-do thread.

-

stdatwmu Apr 14, 2008 8:41 pm

I'd be up for it - a fellow CMH flyer (well DAY, but CMH is way cheaper 95% of the time on NW - for now, sigh...) here.

slippahs Apr 14, 2008 8:44 pm

My guess is that if NW operates a full day schedule before it becomes officially merged with DL, the last NW flight will depart from HNL, since we're right by the international date line.

nwacked Apr 14, 2008 8:48 pm

I'm figuring it will be a Pinnacle flight, since it will be delayed till Tuesday.

ifette Apr 14, 2008 9:11 pm

lol... that would probably be NW218 HNL-PDX departs 22:50. AFAIK it's the last flight out of HNL on NW. I'm up for it.

TheMadBrewer Apr 14, 2008 11:30 pm

Somebody once said that perfect financial planning is when all your bills were paid, but the check to the undertaker bounced :)

I would love to spend my last WP miles on the last NW flight...

CaptKornDog Apr 15, 2008 12:46 am

Originally Posted by nwacked (Post 9573009)
I'm figuring it will be a Pinnacle flight, since it will be delayed till Tuesday.

Haha touche.

I'd love to consider this once we find out all the details. A great way to use up WPs indeed.

aSiAnRiCk Apr 15, 2008 12:53 am

I'm eeeeen! ^

MikeMpls Apr 15, 2008 1:42 am

Tempting at first but it probably will happen at a time when we've already moved on. Best just to move on and not look back.

notsosmart Apr 15, 2008 1:57 am

This is so depressing it's not even funny right now... :(

Mrp Alert Apr 15, 2008 3:05 am

I doubt there will be sufficient official notice that x is the date of the changeover and y will be the last NW-coded flight.

slippahs Apr 15, 2008 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert (Post 9574227)
I doubt there will be sufficient official notice that x is the date of the changeover and y will be the last NW-coded flight.

I agree. Once regulatory approval is issued, it'll be a quick transition.

worldwidedreamer Apr 15, 2008 3:39 am

Oh Danny Boy, oh Danny Boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling...

hyunja Apr 15, 2008 12:55 pm

Last flight on NW color aircraft????

This would be another very difficult one to do but if one can find out the schedule for the last one of each craft type, it would be great.
Would anyone here know this kind of schedule????

HJ