Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Questions about the WC 60-day Temporary Pass

Old Apr 4, 2008, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)

I'd like to purchase the 60 days pass for the WorldClubs.

My travels consist of flying NW, CO and DL for the next 60 days. Has there been an incident where the attendant denied access to their lounge, after seeing that you only have the temp pass instead of the yearly membership?

Also, I will be flying to Asia in September using NW, KE, MH and KL. How reliable is the 60 days pass for the KE's lounge in ICN and the TG's lounge in SIN? And is there a lounge in KUL and DPS that I can access with the card?

I would get the one year membership but my flyings usually are packed within two months period, twice a year, so paying $85 twice is better than paying $300 IMO.

Last edited by aSiAnRiCk; Apr 4, 2008 at 10:32 am
Old Apr 4, 2008, 12:01 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
I'd like to purchase the 60 days pass for the WorldClubs.

My travels consist of flying NW, CO and DL for the next 60 days. Has there been an incident where the attendant denied access to their lounge, after seeing that you only have the temp pass instead of the yearly membership?
I can only speak to the US, and NW/CO/DL... But on my recent Hawaiian adventure, an eyelash wasn't batted. The only thing I was asked for was at the DL lounge I was asked for a boarding pass from a Skyteam airline. (I used to get asked for this at the Crown Club in BNA when I had a yearly membership as well...)

The last time I had a 60 day membership, I used it all around the US with no issues at any clubs of DL/NW/CO.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
I didn't have any issues with my 60-day membership at the Crown Lounges in AMS (KL lounges).
Old Apr 4, 2008, 1:58 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Just don't forget it, because I'm not sure that there is an easy way to look it up at partner lounges....
Old Apr 4, 2008, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, DL SkyClub, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by GBadger
I didn't have any issues with my 60-day membership at the Crown Lounges in AMS (KL lounges).
i had a minor issue in TXL last month...i am a WC member, at first she didn't even want to accept that at the AF lounge. i asked the lady (who didn't speak much English) to please check her book and i saw copies of all current WC cards including the 60-day card, (which i used to have). after seeing my card in her book, her demeanor certainly improved and she welcomed me into the club...its had to believe she had never seen a WC card before....
Old Apr 4, 2008, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kmbryant08
...its had to believe she had never seen a WC card before....
why? MAD is a Skyteam hub (even if not the biggest one), yet UX people are always struggling to understand what my CSA card (with "GOLD", "ELITE PLUS" etc written all over it) is about!
And you wonder about them not recognising a temporary card from 4000 miles away that, while valid, represents a totally alien concept (there is no way to purchase AF lounge membership...normally only E+ and business pax can access)? At an outstation?

Last edited by graraps; Apr 4, 2008 at 3:33 pm Reason: more info
Old Apr 5, 2008, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I noticed the hours of the SFO location is not helpful for my red-eye flights. (closed early)
Which lounge should I use instead .. DL or CO?

Can I access the lounge even if I'm not flying that day? Like do I just walk up to a NW counter and ask them to issue me a pass for TSA? Not sure if the rules different for the yearly membership and the temporary pass.

Last but not least, I'll be flying out of FLL on the first trip. They only have CO's lounge in the NW terminal. Can I purchase this pass in advance or do I have to wait until I get to MSP to do it at their WC?

Thanks again! You guys have been helpful ^

-WC lounge n00b
Old Apr 5, 2008, 8:47 am

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I noticed the hours of the SFO location is not helpful for my red-eye flights. (closed early)
Which lounge should I use instead .. DL or CO?

Can I access the lounge even if I'm not flying that day? Like do I just walk up to a NW counter and ask them to issue me a pass for TSA? Not sure if the rules different for the yearly membership and the temporary pass.

Last but not least, I'll be flying out of FLL on the first trip. They only have CO's lounge in the NW terminal. Can I purchase this pass in advance or do I have to wait until I get to MSP to do it at their WC?

Thanks again! You guys have been helpful ^

-WC lounge n00b
The NW WC is in the international terminal. Generally hard to get to. Both CO PC and DL CR are before security - so you don't even need to get a pass for TSA.

As for purchasing, I think you can only do it at a WC - http://www.nwa.com/services/bustrav/...empmember.html seems to imply that, and I would be very surprised if CO could sell you any sort of WC membership.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

OK thanks for the help! ^
Old Apr 6, 2008, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by graraps
why? MAD is a Skyteam hub (even if not the biggest one), yet UX people are always struggling to understand what my CSA card
Hein? MAD a ST hub? UX is not even a full member of ST!

As to the original question: I've never had problems with the temporary card EXCEPT at AF lounges and once at an AZ lounge in MXP.

My temporary cards have been accepted by CO, KL, AS and AeroMexico, and a host of affiliated lounges, including Sala Tauromaquia in MAD, in NUE, in PMO. The only issues are with AF, which more or less systematically refuses to give me access to any of their lounges despite my repeated protestations.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by respectable_man
Hein? MAD a ST hub? UX is not even a full member of ST!
Assoc membership only makes a difference in voting rights. What matters is that they codeshare with other ST partners via MAD (similar for CM and KQ).
Old Apr 7, 2008, 1:15 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion (ending in Feb/15), UA, Priority Club, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood
purchase WC card on line

Originally Posted by ifette
As for purchasing, I think you can only do it at a WC - http://www.nwa.com/services/bustrav/...empmember.html seems to imply that
Not so. The last time, in Waikiki, I bought my 60-day card on line, and got a hand-lettered one when I checked in at the lounge.

I was that I'd known about this on-line availability earlier because my starting is NRT, where the cards are NOT available.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 1:34 am
ed1

Programs: NW: SE & WC
Originally Posted by maynard_hogg
Not so. The last time, in Waikiki, I bought my 60-day card on line, and got a hand-lettered one when I checked in at the lounge.

I was that I'd known about this on-line availability earlier because my starting is NRT, where the cards are NOT available.
I think you can buy it by phone as well, but I think ifette's point was that you can't buy it at a partner club.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 4:36 pm

Programs: yes
Buy on-line, get card at WC

I just purchased 60 day passes for mrs and myself. Instructions are to print the confirmation page and take it the WC to get a card. Will be at LAX WC around 8pm tonight and report back, probably from inside the WC.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 5:17 pm
ed1

Programs: NW: SE & WC
Originally Posted by bobsgt
I just purchased 60 day passes for mrs and myself. Instructions are to print the confirmation page and take it the WC to get a card. Will be at LAX WC around 8pm tonight and report back, probably from inside the WC.
That's standard when you'll need the card before it would arrive in the mail.

I just always used to purchase them in the PHL WC (there was one there when I used to purchase the 60-day memberships) at the first day of a period of flying, but now I use my SE discount and purchase 3-year memberships.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.