Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Ack! Suddenly worried [about showing credit card @ checkin]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2008, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold, 1.5MM, Marriot

Yesterday, I bought a ticket for my fiance to come visit me in April. He's flying London to Chicago via Detroit on NWA.

And then this morning, I read this thread and now I'm worried. Do you think he will actually need to show my credit card when he checks in or should I call NWA and explain the situation so they can put a note on the account, or what?

Can anyone alleviate my fears?

GG
Old Feb 28, 2008, 5:42 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by GeoGirl
Yesterday, I bought a ticket for my fiance to come visit me in April. He's flying London to Chicago via Detroit on NWA.

And then this morning, I read this thread and now I'm worried. Do you think he will actually need to show my credit card when he checks in or should I call NWA and explain the situation so they can put a note on the account, or what?

Can anyone alleviate my fears?

GG
For starters, does he have a frequent flyer number? If not you should get him one now and put it on the reservation.

Bob H
Old Feb 28, 2008, 5:45 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
This is NOT an issue on NWA. I've done it many times with no problems. From what I've seen, 3rd party billing (as long as you can enter all of the billing info correctly to get the charge verified and processed) is no problem on the NWA website --- and their CC processing is set up for it.

edit to add : made an assumption the ticket was purchased on nwa.com --- though, I still think this would not be an issue if purchased from another travel site (expedia etc.) --- though, I don't have personal experience with that.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BobH
For starters, does he have a frequent flyer number? If not you should get him one now and put it on the reservation.

Bob H
Bob, of course he has a frequent flyer number. Even though we're dedicated AA flyers, I wouldn't dream of letting anyone I truly love set foot on an airplane without a FF#, regardless of the airline!

GG
Old Feb 28, 2008, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
edit to add : made an assumption the ticket was purchased on nwa.com --- though, I still think this would not be an issue if purchased from another travel site (expedia etc.) --- though, I don't have personal experience with that.
It was indeed purchased on NWA.com. Thanks.

GG
Old Feb 28, 2008, 6:30 am

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, DL PM
No worries with NW. I've purchased flights for others and had flights purchased for me many times and never had to show the credit card to an agent. Even the Kiosk which uses a credit card, passport, driver's license or WP card doesn't need the same credit card to check him in, although it too would pull up his reservation.

Perhaps for rare cases where the ticket is not billed until at the airport (particularly for changes) could this happen.

Despite being AA flyers, LON-DTW-CHI will be a pretty nice flight on an A330 with AVOD. ^
Old Feb 28, 2008, 6:42 am

Programs: DL GM
I buy tickets for others all the time, and it's never been an issue, on NW as well as KL, AF, or CO.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 6:49 am

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
I too have bought many tickets for others. No worries!
Old Feb 28, 2008, 7:40 am

Programs: NW/DL GE, CO GE
I also regularly buy tickets for other people and never has anyone been asked to produce a credit card. You have no worries here, I'm sure.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 9:05 am

All you people buying tickets forothers can I get on your list
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canndlewic
Despite being AA flyers, LON-DTW-CHI will be a pretty nice flight on an A330 with AVOD. ^
Ooh, AVOD? What's that?
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Ooh, AVOD? What's that?
Audio Video On Demand.

Allows you to watch whatever movie you want (in the system, of course)/play games/etc. whenever you want during the flight (instead of waiting to cycle back to the start of all of the movies). It's pretty nice.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GBadger
Audio Video On Demand.

Allows you to watch whatever movie you want (in the system, of course)/play games/etc. whenever you want during the flight (instead of waiting to cycle back to the start of all of the movies). It's pretty nice.
That's in coach? Ooh!
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
That's in coach?
Friends don't let friends fly coach. Much less BUY coach for them!

Best, Dave
Old Feb 28, 2008, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
That's in coach? Ooh!
Sure is. Every seat (in the seatbacks for those with seats in front of them, and in the armrests for those lucky ones without seats in front of them).
This is for the TATL segment (LGW-DTW) only. Not for the domestic segment, of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.