Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

NW - WC / AF Lounge / SkyTeam Lounge @ CDG with shower ?

Old Feb 12, 08, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Traveling from USA to CDG on Delta.....and then on Air France to India.
(Ticketed by NW !)

I don't know the arrival or departure treminals at CDG.

Does any of the AF / affiliate lounge has showers ?
Old Feb 12, 08, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt, AA, HH Gold, $tarbucks Titanium
yes, but you need to tell us more about your ticket class.

The Arrivals lounge is at CDG 2C, which is NOT likely the terminal your DL flight will arrive into. The good news is that the arrivals lounge is landside so no worries about security, but they are strict about only letting in Biz class pax, with some folks saying ST Elite+ got them in on a Y ticket. The Air France has an entire thread about this lounge and it's amenities here.

I appreciate the lounge, cool shower rooms and shirt pressing service, but the other amenities have gone downhill over the years. There is talk that the arrivals lounge might be moving to the newer S terminal, but the thread linked above will have all that discussion.
Old Feb 12, 08, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL GM
I spent several hours last year in the lounge near "aire Hotel," which is the pseudo-military airport-ese name for the part of T2E where the "bus gates" for US-bound flights are. I don't know how else to describe it or locate it. It's a huge, 2-story departure lounge with lots of showers.
Old Feb 12, 08, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm sure most if not all CDG departure lounges will have showers. Last year, I was in what probably is the tiniest one, awaiting a short flight, and thought I could do with a quick shave. On asking whether they had a razor, they gave me a comprehensive shaving and shower kit and actually told me to go to the shower room and shave myself in peace, thereby minimising any injury risks.
Old Feb 12, 08, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
ST E+ or C-class ticket on ST should get you into the arrivals lounge with very nice showers ... never had any issues (or heard about them).
Old Feb 12, 08, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Just making connection at CDG

thanks for info

i'm flying business class - i'm NW PlatE = i don't this would make any difference or not

i'm just making a connection at CDG - i hope i don't have to go to landside to use a lounge....and then have to go thru security to access the gate

well, i hope it would be a smooth/easy transit

thank agian
Old Feb 16, 08, 4:45 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K
the dragons at CDG used to be bad about it...in most cases saying that NW cardholders had to use the NW lounge (which is usually half an hour away from where you usually are!)...anyway, things have lightened up considerably in the last few years and any ST E+ can get in without any fuss...and the showers are really nice!
Old Jul 19, 08, 5:10 pm

Does anyone know the hours for the Air France departures lounges at CDG and if they have showers....flight doesn't leave until 11pm, we are flying affaires/business.
Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 08, 6:58 pm
GVA

Programs: AA EXP, NW Plat (in my heart), bmi DC Gold, BA EC Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by BDQBDQ View Post
thanks for info

i'm flying business class - i'm NW PlatE = i don't this would make any difference or not

i'm just making a connection at CDG - i hope i don't have to go to landside to use a lounge....and then have to go thru security to access the gate

well, i hope it would be a smooth/easy transit

thank agian
Use your Plat card for lounge access (as you are travelling on international flights this grants you lounge access).

The arrivals lounge is useful for breakfast (which is otherwise not provided in the airside lounges). Other than that, all AF lounges in CDG have showers.
Old Jul 19, 08, 6:59 pm
GVA

Programs: AA EXP, NW Plat (in my heart), bmi DC Gold, BA EC Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by rlsrlj View Post
Does anyone know the hours for the Air France departures lounges at CDG and if they have showers....flight doesn't leave until 11pm, we are flying affaires/business.
Thanks!
They are open very late, normally until the last departure of the day. Just sit back and enjoy the lounge which will be open for your flight.
Old Jul 19, 08, 9:38 pm

that's great to know-two back to back overnight flights with a 15 hour layover in between-I will need a shower before the 2nd one!
Thanks again for your help!
Old Jul 20, 08, 10:10 am

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
With a 15 hour layover, you have enough time to visit the Louvre or Musee d'Orsay AND have lunch at your favorite Paris restaurant! There will still be time to return to the airport for a shower before departure

Search this Thread