Programs: former
Magical Saab Mandala

Secrets of the Saab 340 revealed

Deep rhythms create transcendence hidden in Saab

Known only to few:

http://view.break.com/448113

Piccies too! @
http://nwacked.myphotoalbum.com/view...umName=album04

Saab 340: The plane that never ceases to remind you, that you are flying in an airplane.

Last edited by nwacked; Feb 6, 2008 at 6:17 pm
Old Feb 6, 2008, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
One of two possibilities here...

1. You've been spending too much time on Saabs.
2. You've been spending too much time in the bathroom on Saabs.

"Mommy, that person is taking their video camera into the bathroom again!"
"Don't worry, honey, I'm sure there's an Air Marshall somewhere nearby."

Thanks for at least making it a relatively clean one...
Old Feb 7, 2008, 11:23 am
azj

Wow... sounds like the prop sync was deferred. I try to spend as little time in the blue room as possible... but a video of it... well, reminds me why. Hope you had a good trip on the mighty saab-o-matic.

AZJ
Old Feb 7, 2008, 1:48 pm

Programs: CO
Love

OK someone loves there saab way to much and has to much free time on there hands.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Do anybody know where the Saabs are parked lined up as per one of the pictures?
Old Feb 7, 2008, 2:04 pm
azj

That looks to be MEM at gates A33 or A19. MEM is the only hub that doesn't have jetway boarding for the saabs. They're parked 3 deep parallel to the concourse and use the built in air stairs for boarding/deplaning.

AZJ
Old Feb 7, 2008, 2:04 pm

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, DL PM
I hope you were above 10,000 feet before turning on your portable electronics...

Probably parked in memphis.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

>>>>Wow... sounds like the prop sync was deferred...

The strangest thing in 3A was the really loud, ripping metallic buzz that would happen when I put my arm on the left armrest--everybody around could easily hear it.

>>>>>>>That looks to be MEM at gates A33 or A19...

Yes--MEM at A19. Chatanooga, Paducah, Alexandria--all the best-named cities depart there.

>>>>>>1. You've been spending too much time on Saabs.
>>>>>>2. You've been spending too much time in the bathroom on Saabs.

It was my once annual Saab trip to Laffy to pick up a carry-on full of boudin and andouille. LOVE that aircraft--thedense groaning, roaring, dipping, bobbing pile of metal that it is. V., the flight attendant MEM-LFT, also loves it--she says she doesn't like CRJ's and also the new CRJ900 because they are FA awkward and unfriendly. She will be going for her pilot's license soon and hopes to be flying one! Photographing the toilet was the least bit of homage one can attempt.

>>>>>>I hope you were above 10,000 feet before turning on your portable electronics...

Well, I've never heard it called THAT before!
Old Feb 7, 2008, 7:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM Marriott Gold
Thank you for making sure the toilet was flushed before filming.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jjvan
Thank you for making sure the toilet was flushed before filming.
The mandala was actually more lustrous before I "whipped out" my camera and then accidentally dropped the leather camera case into the mandala vortex. This mishap, unfortunately, virtually denuded the magical template below of sufficient vibratory liquid, ruining the cinematic objective (temporarily), and the case needed to be rinsed off too.

But after liberating the "electronic devices" as another poster referred to, and performing necessary, and environmentally appropriate, other operations, the oncoming blue wash that followed (after pressing the requisite button) then magically returned the flat receptacle template below to filmable condition of sufficient vibratory liquidity, except that there were now a bunch of *&%# bubbles on the surface.

Luckily, all events occured within the rubric of #1.

#2 (borrowing from elementary school phraseology) was, thankfully, never a factor, cinematically.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:19 am
azj

How did you wash what you dropped when there is no sink? Eeeeew... the 5 second rule doesn't apply to ANYTHING on an airplane.

AZJ
Old Feb 8, 2008, 5:49 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by azj
Eeeeew... the 5 second rule doesn't apply to ANYTHING on an airplane.

AZJ
LOL!^
Old Feb 8, 2008, 8:09 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by nwacked
The mandala was actually more lustrous before I "whipped out" my camera and then accidentally dropped the leather camera case into the mandala vortex.
This is always a huge concern of mine when using the Saab "Blue Room". I'm extra careful to keep my cell phone (turned off mind you) well clear of the vortex.

I would not go anywheres near something that had been so closely exposed - reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the toothbrush

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.