2008 Elite Card & Luggage Tag?

Old Feb 20, 2008, 7:36 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by youngbru
This is a great opportunity for someone to demonstrate how smart they are and create a "how-to" guide for the straps! I think pictures will be required!

(and I am usually very good at puzzles! )
Still waiting for my card and luggage tags. Wonder how long I will still be waiting, as they "forgot" to send me my plat card last year.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Here is the link to my step-by-step instructions on how to use the 2008 NW Elite Luggage Strap! ^
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2398442...50254014/show/
So has anyone else come up with a better solution?
Oooh, that's a nice way of attaching it! If only I had 3 tags so I could attach each one a different way.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 9:28 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Originally Posted by Phil2016
Last year the GE package had a WC guest pass; guess we lost those so you PEs can have a can of pringles!
What?? My GE package did not have any WC pass inside
Old Feb 21, 2008, 12:18 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Some of us multi-year Plats have our share of luggage tags to go around

Originally Posted by DanTravels
Oooh, that's a nice way of attaching it! If only I had 3 tags so I could attach each one a different way.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
As a multi-year Plat, I would too, except my 2006 ones finally broke, and my 2007 ones never came. But even if I did, I wouldn't have plenty of the new straps to go with 'em... maybe next year.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 7:02 am

Received mine yesterday...(4) $5 coupons for snack or "premium beverage" are better than a world club visit coupon for me.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 7:05 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
Still waiting here in minneapolis. I think NWA should contract through US Bank like with the Credit Cards, i get those every other day in the mail. They don't seem to have a problem sending those.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 7:50 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, DL Diamond 2MM, PriorityPass, Hilton Honors Silver
Unhappy

No card yet! For the next flight, the return takes me into March! Oh!! What will I do?
Old Feb 21, 2008, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Still waiting on mine too. Though with a last name starting with Y I'm used to being last...
Old Feb 21, 2008, 8:21 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
NW Scoop?

I don't want to attach mine wrong and lose them. Maybe NW Scoop could explain the official way to attach the luggage tags.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 8:27 am

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Hmm...

Mrs. Yogimax received her GE package last week...

I still haven't received my PE package...

Since we are leaving for Hong Kong in a week, it would be nice to have an "official" PE card.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by cmh flyer
I don't want to attach mine wrong and lose them. Maybe NW Scoop could explain the official way to attach the luggage tags.
Seeing the "MyTube" instructions leaves me more confused and happier
than ever that I reused last year's straps. Anyone interested in a spare
4 new straps?
Old Feb 21, 2008, 11:00 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Still waiting for magic PE envelope here in Minneapolis. Oh well, as long as the system knows I'm PE, it's cool. Haven't gotten an upgrade for MSP-LAX for tomorrow's flight but did get upgraded for return on Monday.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 12:22 pm

Programs: NW Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Still waiting on mine too. Though with a last name starting with Y I'm used to being last...
My last name starts with "B" and I don't have mine yet either. I hope to get it before my next trip to AMS as to skip the long security line at the gate they require you to show it.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL 1MM, UA 1K, PC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marrott Silver
So I lay awake last night conteplating my triumph of mastering the mysteries of the last great unanswered questions of the universe (that is, of course, the best way of using the 2008 NW Elite Tag Luggage Strap ) when it hit me.....

No matter how elegant my solution was,
Here is the link to my step-by-step instructions on how to use the 2008 NW Elite Luggage Strap! ^

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2398442...50254014/show/
it must not be correct! After all, it did not use one of the holes in the top of the strap and the basic tenet of all great design is that everything has a purpose. Now I know that NWA, in all of its greatness, would not have added an extra hole in the top of the strap if there was no purpose for it.

So I went back to the drawing board this morning and tried some new methods.

My next attempt is shown in the following picture sequence..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2403455...54831414/show/
It has the advantage of using both holes in the top of the strap but it does not use the slot in the strap and I am not convinced it is fully secure even though my limited testing showed the tag to be highly resistant to coming loose even under fairly severe pulling and twisting.

My next attempt uses both holes in the top as well as the slot in the middle..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2398442...58239785/show/
This may very well be what the designer intended as all the features of the strap are used and the tag is very securely attached. It is rather complicated, however and would be difficult to do around a large attachment point like a suitcase handle.

So I decided to give it one more try..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2398442...54749400/show/
I will let people draw their own conclusions on this method!

And with this I conclude my experiments in this area of science. Some mysteries of the universe are just without explanation!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.