Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Elite Card & Luggage Tag?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2008, 7:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LUMRS
Still no Platinum card and tags in Seattle. My bf's SE packet arrived last Friday. I wonder if all packets (SE, GE & PE) for the same zipcode are posted at the same time. Maybe just USPS...
No. Four Plats at one address. Two PR packets received last week, One today. One still awaited.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 7:19 pm

Programs: DM , MM ,Natl-Exec Elite,HH diamond,SPG gold
thanks Youngbru

Thanks alot Youngbru, I'm watching your slideshow and I am now trying to clean all of the red wine that came out of my nose and landed on my laptop keyboard. ^^ I was thinking of stapling them on.

Originally Posted by ImRoscoe
I joined this forum just now for one simple reason: to thank Youngbru for the inspired instructions on how to attach the 2008 tags. I received mine today and essentially tied it on. It was frustrating. Now the wife is wondering why I was laughing like a drunk hyena. Youngbru's final method (quoted above) is the reason.
Thanks!!

(Did they really think people would figure out the NW Scoop method??)
Old Feb 27, 2008, 7:33 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Saw the drinks coupons in heavy use the other day (2/22) on MEX-DTW. My guess they will all be used up by the end of Q1
Old Feb 27, 2008, 7:49 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by fti
Mine was in my mail when I returned from a two-week trip yesterday.

I also liked the complimentary drink/snack coupons (valid for domestic only) but it made me wonder - do they think I will not be upgraded enough domestically that I will be able to use 4 such coupons in the coming year? They are not marked with a name so are obviously transferable and I appreciate the gesture, since if I do end up in economy I never buy airline food though I would take it for free.

John
I thought the same thing when I got them.... and to make things worse I was patiently waiting for my upgrade to come through for this weekend's trip (it did ) so I am thinking my mom and sis are going to LOVE me when I toss the coupons their way for a trip they are taking in March!
Old Feb 27, 2008, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NW scoop
Please see this set for help in assembling the luggage tag:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2401959...63777797/show/
Thanks indeed - now what about all the NW elites who aren't FT'ers? I've been using the BA elite member tag straps on mine - maybe next year, DeltaWest will invest in simple belt-like straps with a buckle?
Old Feb 27, 2008, 9:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, former NW PE
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Thanks indeed - now what about all the NW elites who aren't FT'ers? I've been using the BA elite member tag straps on mine - maybe next year, DeltaWest will invest in simple belt-like straps with a buckle?
In the late 90's, DL gave those buckle-straps with their Medallion luggage tags. I lost a couple of tags because they never held together. Pray that DL managed to finally go through their entire inventory.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 9:23 pm

Programs: Delta gold, United silver
West Texas--the tags arrived yesterday!
Old Feb 27, 2008, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by peachfront
Next time I go to the airport I'm going to ask the agent at the counter to put on the tags. Who wants to bet on the over/under of how many agents I have to ask before I find somebody who actually knows how? I'm thinking three...
Are you giving 11-10 odds on the overs like the LAS sports books? Hint: Never take the unders (from my tenure at the old Stardust sports book during my undergrad years at UNLV)

BTW, when did they stop sending tags to SE? I missed elite in 2006 & 2007 (well, up until December 26th!!!) and my 07 & 08 cards had no tags, although for Silver they didn't print your name on them.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Just made it to our nation's capital.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 10:18 pm

Programs: Delta Gold 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium
Received the PE package and the drink coupons in San Francisco today. Those coupon will probably be all gone by next month
Old Feb 27, 2008, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
what about all the NW elites who aren't FT'ers?

That is crucial and separates us from the crowd, or? And adding the FT
luggage tag really makes us the stand-outs that we deserve to be. Quickly
glance how the non-FT Elite has solved the strap problem. Maybe offer a
hint how to do it right

Last edited by thezipper; Mar 3, 2008 at 3:51 pm Reason: format quote
Old Feb 27, 2008, 11:38 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
So based near LAX....my boyfriends SE pack came last week. my PE pack with 4 drink or snack certs came today. wasn't expecting the drink certs, i'll enjoy them on my flights to Asia coming up....mom will be sitting in WBC, me in coach....
Old Feb 28, 2008, 9:29 am

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec
PE Packet arrived yesterday in MSP -- could have used those coupons on the way home yesterday -- gave up FC UG for seat on earlier flight.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 9:33 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Me too

Originally Posted by Pick2LiteMSP
PE Packet arrived yesterday in MSP -- could have used those coupons on the way home yesterday -- gave up FC UG for seat on earlier flight.
My wife told me my pack arrived yesterday and I will be in coach tonight from DCA (which is often true).
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Saw the drinks coupons in heavy use the other day (2/22) on MEX-DTW. My guess they will all be used up by the end of Q1
That's interesting, because the tickets definitely say "Domestic" on them. I don't know whether that implies the same "Domestic" as with upgrades (ie, including Mexico, Caribbean, Canada), but I'm wondering whether these would work, say, to buy wine on a TPAC flight? (I know that in theory they shouldn't but like I've said before, when dealing with airlines, theory often leaves the room)

Originally Posted by Jet City Woman
I thought the same thing when I got them.... and to make things worse I was patiently waiting for my upgrade to come through for this weekend's trip (it did ) so I am thinking my mom and sis are going to LOVE me when I toss the coupons their way for a trip they are taking in March!
I think that the coupons are more meant to be for the CRJ warriors (those that would never get upgraded, even as a platinum), than for the mainline plats that occasionally end up in the back. We already get 1000 miles for that.
I may use one of mine on a DTW-TYS CRJ in a few weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.