MSP-GSP Flight Returns!

Old Feb 1, 08, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr
MSP-GSP Flight Returns!

Just saw online that NW is reinstating MSP-GSP service eff. May 2. It's just 1 flight each direction/day, and only on CRJ200 equipment, but it's a start! Hopefully, if this route is successful, we'll get an E175 or CRJ900 eventually, so people will actually WANT to fly this route. Cheers!
Old Feb 1, 08, 7:09 am

Programs: DL, AA, US, SWA
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Just saw online that NW is reinstating MSP-GSP service eff. May 2. It's just 1 flight each direction/day, and only on CRJ200 equipment, but it's a start! Hopefully, if this route is successful, we'll get an E175 or CRJ900 eventually, so people will actually WANT to fly this route. Cheers!
I agree that is is nice to have this option.
Old Feb 1, 08, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Since this is a 2 1/2 hr flight each way - will there be ANY kind of BoB snacks along with beverages, or will this pretty much be a bare-bones penalty box kind of flt (as though any CR2 flights were anything but that)?
Old Feb 1, 08, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Good to see the flight back. I've done the long haul on the CRJ before when they ran a CRJ from CLT to MSP, and we got a big bag of nothing. Well in fairness, the normal beverage service, so I would not expect too much other than the direct flight. Safe travels!
Old Feb 1, 08, 11:34 am

Timing on the flight is odd

MSP-GSP NW5641 110P 437P
GSP-MSP NW5640 535P 731P

Last time I went to MSP, I considered NWA, but the problem was that the last possible departure that got me back to MSP left at like 440P via MEM. That was just too early to be an option for me. As I recall the last time they did GSP-MSP it was a first out 6AM departure to MSP with a late return which left around 6pm-7pm.

In addition (for my purposes), the flight doesn't connect to NW's only daily departure on NW metal to YVR (which makes it difficult to use my PK certs); you also can't get to it via a double connection through either MEM or DTW.

But still, I'm happy for the new service. I'm mildly surprised that we haven't seen a CR9 or E75 on GSP-DTW, which at its peak was 5x D9S service, now its 4 CRJs.
Old Feb 1, 08, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

I think the old flight times would work best for flights to the West Coast and returns (non-redeyes). But, like you, glad to have another nonstop flight from GSP!!
Old Feb 1, 08, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL (ex-NW) Plat pining for self-serve WC's and real cheese
Here's a thread discussing MSP-GSP, as well as three other recently announced routes: http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780170.
Old Feb 4, 08, 8:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Delta Platinum, Omni Select
Great

I grew up in Greenville and always have to go through MEM or DTW. I much prefer to go through MSP- gives far more options

Search this Thread