Wiki Posts
Search

Upcoming NW F Class flight

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Korean Air, Lufthansa M&M, SPG ,United Mileage Plus
Upcoming NW F Class flight

Hey folks, I'll be flying on the 29th of Feb from MSP to CUN in First on NW in a 753 and back on the 8th of March in First as well on a 753. What type of service is to be awaited. I'm guessing this is marketed as International First Class How will the service be? Thanks!
Old Jan 30, 2008, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
Sorry to disappoint, but I don't believe this will be anything more than the standard domestic F offerings of NW. Still, it beats the heading south of the border in the back of the plane!
Old Jan 30, 2008, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K, DL 1MM/Silver
It will be domestic F service. A couple of bottles of cheap sparkling wine used to be catered on these flights, but not sure that's happening these days.

I didn't realize that the 753's were making Mexico runs - usually A320 service.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Well, judging by the Y loads,, it looks to be almost 98% booked on both flights down and back...

SPRING BREAK FOR LOTS of colleges

Heres the Remaining Load Factors for the flights:

2 Northwest 813 MSP/10:26a CUN/02:24p

L K T V Q H M B Y C P F
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 3 - 9 9

4 Northwest 810 CUN/02:40p MSP/06:53p

L K T V Q H M B Y C P F
0 0 0 0 0 0 3 9 9 - 9 9

As you can see, both flights will be FULL

Originally Posted by geoffco
It will be domestic F service. A couple of bottles of cheap sparkling wine used to be catered on these flights, but not sure that's happening these days.

Last edited by BIMMERKID2; Jan 30, 2008 at 2:59 pm Reason: Added choice Info.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by geoffco
From MSP, it appears the 753's are seasonal in addition to the usual A320's. From DTW, it's all A320's.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Well, judging by the loadsheet i posted for both of my flights, i can see why they need the 753 at this time of the year...

Originally Posted by OB one
From MSP, it appears the 753's are seasonal in addition to the usual A320's. From DTW, it's all A320's.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

This should be interesting.. How do you thing to food will be? whats typically served.. would they by small chance served something "destination inspired"? Like maybe mexican food or no
Old Jan 31, 2008, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by BIMMERKID2
This should be interesting.. How do you thing to food will be? whats typically served.. would they by small chance served something "destination inspired"? Like maybe mexican food or no
On the breakfast flight to CUN, I would say you are looking at something like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/skrb/526765488/ Have a bloody mary or screwdriver or two to liven up your morning ride. As others have said, it is standard domestic F service and actually qualifies for elite upgrades. That said, it is always better to be in front than to be in the back, imho.

for dinner or lunch, scroll down to 119 and 118 respectively, and expect maybe something like this http://www.airlinemeals.net/meals/Northwest101120.html. The pics are a bit old, so YMMV. . . .

But maybe you can get some salsa on your omelette or stick a 2 oz Cholula hot sauce http://cholulastore.com/detail.aspx?ID=2 in with your toiletries and argue it is needed medicine.

Last edited by OB one; Jan 31, 2008 at 12:07 pm
Old Jan 31, 2008, 12:01 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA

No

Northwest treats all flights from the lower 48 to Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean as domestic FC. That means free upgrades for elites ^ but no special catering .
Old Feb 6, 2008, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

If you snoop around and find the recent Indepth C Class TR;s wrote on Korean Air, does it warrant me writing a TR on MSP-CUN-MSP F experience on NW>??? IS it worth the time or effort?

Hey folks, I'll be flying on the 29th of Feb from MSP to CUN in First on NW in a 753 and back on the 8th of March in First as well on a 753. What type of service is to be awaited. I'm guessing this is marketed as International First Class How will the service be? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.