Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

NW Domestic First Class - Worst in the industry???

NW Domestic First Class - Worst in the industry???

Old Apr 27, 04, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
Originally Posted by kidvintage
I feel your comprehension of this subject is questionable, so let me help you out a little:

The issue is NOT whether NW is REFUSING upgrades (with available seats) at the gate to deserving Elites. The issue is that NW is SEVERELY LIMITING the ability of Elites to get the upgrade space because of this new "R" class. "F9" gave a much better upgrade chance than "R4". This cannot be disputed.

A lot can happen in the five days leading up to departure: FC seats disappear through dishonest travel agents, CSAs give "favors", employees book last minute, etc...etc...etc...

All I know is that I have recently begun, since this whole "R" deal began, sitting in the back with $500-$700 tickets. This is unacceptable. If nobody speaks up about this, NW will get even MORE aggressive with their anti-upgrade policies. The line must be drawn......
So, I guess I must be one of the passengers recieving favors as I have not seen any change since the change to R. Perhaps I will encounter on a future flight, however, so far, no change that I have seen or experienced on upgrades. I have had to sit in the back to maintain my main cabin certification enough times on an annual basis even wtih full fares in the past so not sure what the difference is now.

How many flights have you had that have not been upgraded, what has the fare code basis been as a point of reference so we can know what to look out for. Are there particuarly city pairs you are not being upgraded on so we know which to avoid? Are you making last minute or advance changes. I would be good to know more about, and when these incidents are happening to circumvent them.

Good luck - Hooverer

Search this Thread
Search Engine: