Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

NW Domestic First Class - Worst in the industry???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NW Domestic First Class - Worst in the industry???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2004, 5:49 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
The fact that I have never been the sole owner of an airline has what to do with your posts.

If this is your answer to the spoilage issue I think you have a problem with real life.
I do, however, know that many restaurants do plan for spoilage/waste in the sense that it is accounted for. Cooks mess up. Things fall on the floor. It's accounted for.
Cooks that mess up on a regular basis get a new profession called unemployment.

In fact all through out life employees who mess up on a regular basis get canned and that is how it is accounted for. Not many restaurant owners have the desire to see tonight's offerings presented on the floor as their accountants will surely tell them that is the road to bankruptcy.

And let me rephrase my previous statement.

Those who do not want to look at the facts prior to stating opinions should not open their mouths.

I doubt if there are many sole owners of a major airline but many including myself are owners by the fact that we own stock in a major airline.
Old Apr 3, 2004, 8:08 pm

Programs: FB Plat/SPG Plat/HH Gold/LHW/SLH/SK Silver
Arrow Agree- NW F cabin is inferior

Like most of us I fly NW because of 99% upgrade success. I would rather fly CO but it's hard for FD members to get upgraded on CO... I am not bothered by the seats but I agree the food is not up to par with other airlines and food service. DL & CO generally set up napkins under the tray and they don't serve drinks from a cart the way NW often does. I don't care too much for any airlines movie selection but think NW could at least activate the in seat radio system. I especially am upset that NW doesn't serve meals on the evening/night flights out of the west coast ie LAX-DTW/MSP and they should keep the WCs open until the last flight boards. The WCs are worse than Presidents Clubs no highspeed access or you have to pay a fee for the airports wireless access whereas hispeed is free at Presidents Clubs.
Old Apr 3, 2004, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Platinum Since The beginning of Platinum- NW Million Miler
Originally Posted by keithguy
Exactly. So why would you mention WorldPerks when the thread is about NW First Class service.

Original poster is saying NW F service is poor. You are saying WorldPerks is good. So what? What does that have to do with anything?
Keith - Thanks for helping out all of the red-flag wavers out there get back to the original point I was making. WP program is the BEST..... & NW FC-service is the WORST - THEY ARE TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS!!!!
Old Apr 4, 2004, 1:27 am

what's all the talk about comparing restuarants to airlines? When was the last time your favorite restaurant sprouted wings and flew you somewhere? Honestly, an airline is transportation, not a source of food. Food on domestic flights is to pass the time. If you want more choices than start paying higher fares, if every does that then perhaps the airlines will start to cater their planes so that you get several selections all the time. Those that pay low coach fares and sit in First Class don't have much of a gripe because they didn't get their choice in meals.
Old Apr 4, 2004, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
what's all the talk about comparing restuarants to airlines? When was the last time your favorite restaurant sprouted wings and flew you somewhere? Honestly, an airline is transportation, not a source of food. Food on domestic flights is to pass the time. If you want more choices than start paying higher fares, if every does that then perhaps the airlines will start to cater their planes so that you get several selections all the time. Those that pay low coach fares and sit in First Class don't have much of a gripe because they didn't get their choice in meals.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: paying higher fares will not improve food quality in F. If people began paying higher fares, NW would just keep the money as profit. If NW needs to serve better food in order to keep customers, they will do so to stay in business. Apparently they feel they are not losing too many passengers over the issue so they keep the service at a low level.
Old Apr 4, 2004, 4:22 am

Much ado about nothing. We all want a cheap fare and a 100% ugrade to FC!
Do I fly NW for the WPs? You betcha!
I agree with all the "I wish I could have" but when it comes down to it flying to LA in FC this morning on a fairly inexpensive fare and getting double miles on a promotion more than pleases me!!
Old Apr 4, 2004, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Delta is Worst in First

Why do I want to fly in front? More room. NW has nice big seats in FC. I flew DL yesterday in FC. The seats are only slightly larger than coach. Totally unacceptable.

And speaking of meal choices: there wasn't one. And the caterer must have gotten some sort of great sale on mushrooms. Ravioli stuffed with mushrooms, mushroom sauce, and a big hunk of grilled portobello mushroom were dinner.

IFE? If you're over 5'6" tall and you try to watch, you will end up with a very very sore neck.

On NW I have room to get out my laptop and watch a DVD on a big screen. On DL, no way.

DL is worst in first.
Old Apr 4, 2004, 8:56 am

Cool

Unfortunately it’s ALL about being upgraded. I fly weekly and have not flown coach in 6-7 months. If they were serving Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches I would still rather have a 99.9% upgrade on NW than a 45% on CO.
Old Apr 4, 2004, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by magic111
The fact that I have never been the sole owner of an airline has what to do with your posts.
Absolutely nothing. At the same time, your continued irrelevant tangents has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Kind of ironic, isn't it?

However, if you'd like to continue your irrelevant tangents, despite the moderator's request, who am I to stop you?
Old Apr 4, 2004, 12:35 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by keithguy
Absolutely nothing. At the same time, your continued irrelevant tangents has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Kind of ironic, isn't it?

However, if you'd like to continue your irrelevant tangents, despite the moderator's request, who am I to stop you?
Once again your irrelevant post mystifies me

A quick check of time stamps will show that my post arrives exactly one minute after RC's.

A quick check of the five pages of this thread will show that except for very few posters everyone else believe that WP and NW together make the package.

If kid doesn't want differing opinions of what makes first class the worst/best then kid should not start a thread.

If I want to state that other factors than seat, ife and meal choice ought to be considered than you should respect that or state what your choices (if any) are. In fact if the majority of the posters in this thread want to state that other factors should be considered they all have that right.

Who knows maybe you will take a look at the facts and state an opinion of what you believe makes NW the worst/best. Until then you ought to take a break from this thread.
Old Apr 4, 2004, 1:25 pm

Didn't kid point out that the only reason he thinks NW F/C is okay is because he can use the WP program to upgrade everytime? I think that kid made that whole WP/FC correlation to begin with.

NW F/C is a fine product, especially given what people actually pay for it.

Last edited by AS Flyer; Apr 4, 2004 at 1:28 pm
Old Apr 4, 2004, 3:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Wink Quality vs. Value

I think some people are mixing up quality and value.

For example, I could buy a shirt from Old Navy or from Hugo Boss.

While the Old Navy shirt may be reliable and sufficient, the Hugo Boss may be more stylish, made with better materials, and include perks such as free alterations.

The Old Navy shirt, like a Northwest first class seat, is probably still a better VALUE for me, based on how much i have to pay to get it, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the Hugo Boss shirt (like some other airlines' first class) may still be of better QUALITY.

Of course, the perception of quality and value will vary from person to person, which is what makes FlyerTalk such a thriving, sharing community
Old Apr 5, 2004, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by kidvintage
But come on guys, if you want to increase your yield and sell more full-fare tickets, take care of the First Class cabin.
Honestly.....Do YOU really think NWA's tryig to sell their FC products when they are giving out free upgrade to all of thier elites???????? Full fare domestic first class ticket on NWA???? Comon...

Last edited by 007; Apr 5, 2004 at 1:22 am
Old Apr 5, 2004, 1:23 am

A quick check of the five pages of this thread will show that except for very few posters everyone else believe that WP and NW together make the package.
And the most popular makes it right? If that were the case, this forum would be full of useless information.

If kid doesn't want differing opinions of what makes first class the worst/best then kid should not start a thread.
Are you referring to childeren in general or just butchering the orignal poster's name? Either way, the original poster (nor anyone else) hasn't indicated that differing opinions are unwanted. The original poster, however, does believe that NW and WP are separate.

Who knows maybe you will take a look at the facts and state an opinion of what you believe makes NW the worst/best. Until then you ought to take a break from this thread.
That's rather ironic as it sounds like that you know "the facts" when there's no proof of that at all. And is your suggestion to take a break for your sake or my sake?
Old Apr 5, 2004, 6:44 am
In Memoriam

Never said the majority was right.

Still breathlessly waiting to here your opinion (if any) on worst/best.

Don't limit yourself - expand your horizons - think other things other than the fact that everyones names get truncated for reasons other than bashing KG.

Also when deciding worst/best (if you are ever going to do it) consider things like FA's, availability of upgrades (important criteria) because if you never get upgraded you really do not have an ability to really compare in the real world do you, on-time performance, etc., etc. But if you only want to limit yourself to food choice fine.

Now take all those things that you think are important and then compare them with the actual different first class experiences you have experienced. Now, have you finally made a decision. Look around closely and you will notice that there are some opinions that agree with yours and that there are some opinions that do not agree with yours on worst/best

Having only experienced domestic first on 6 (2 not a major) airlines in the past two years it makes it difficult for me to make as broad a comparison as your and for sure your broader real life experiences will make for a more valuable comparison and might even make me decide to switch airlines and FFPs. Stranger things have happen to me in my life experience.

Oh wait that right I have only been flying AA the past month so perhaps NW has made a dramatic dip and I missed it.

Last edited by magic111; Apr 5, 2004 at 7:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.