747-400's with new WBC

Old Feb 18, 04, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM Marriott Gold
747-400's with new WBC

I forgot to mention, last Friday, the 13 Feb, I worked the flight from MNL to NGO with the new WBC seats and video system. This is the newest AC with the system and it worked perfectly. Ship number 6311. So the tally now is 3 400's with the systems.

#'s 6309 6311 and 6316
Old Feb 18, 04, 11:06 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Is 6311 in new livery? I know 6309 isn't.
Old Feb 18, 04, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

No it is not. That was the kicker. We were dreading the day the new system was thrown at us. And as we walked up to the gate, 2 400's parked there, one in the new paint job and one in the old. We found that we were on the old, and were happy for a few minutes that we would not need to experiance it at 5 am. As we steped on board and found ourselfs in the middle of a "Beauty Parlor" it hit us. We had a lot of cramming to do in just a few minutes. Keep in mind, this is me, a purser just recalled from furlough 2 weeks prior and no training on the system, and the other US FA who only recieved a memo of the new enhancements and no details of the operation. Thank God for the tech from the AVOD company who was there to give us a walk through.
Old Feb 19, 04, 1:44 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, SQ Gold, Jet Airways Gold, BA Silver, Qatar Silver, Starwood Lifetime Gold
Are you sure it was 6311? The info I have (usually very reliable!) shows that it does not go in for the retrofit until Feb 23... 6312 is scheduled to complete the retrofit on Feb 21...

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jjvan:
I forgot to mention, last Friday, the 13 Feb, I worked the flight from MNL to NGO with the new WBC seats and video system. This is the newest AC with the system and it worked perfectly. Ship number 6311. So the tally now is 3 400's with the systems.

#'s 6309 6311 and 6316
</font>
Old Feb 19, 04, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Just went into pars to double check. You are correct it was 6309 that I flew on. The FA's I was flying with told me that it was 6311. Sorry for thew confusion I caused. I guess I should check on these things more indepth. FWIW it was flight 73 MNL-NGO on the 13th of feb.

[This message has been edited by jjvan (edited Feb 19, 2004).]
Old Feb 19, 04, 3:19 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jjvan:
Just went into pars to double check. You are correct it was 6309 that I flew on. </font>
Smile... It's innagural flight was Feb 9 on the DTW-KIX run. The next day I phoned my friend in Taiwan and asked her how it was... she was really suprised when I told her she was the first pax to use that seat on a rev flight.
Old Feb 19, 04, 3:27 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, SQ Gold, Jet Airways Gold, BA Silver, Qatar Silver, Starwood Lifetime Gold
So what did she think of it? Did she like it?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thezipper:
Smile... It's innagural flight was Feb 9 on the DTW-KIX run. The next day I phoned my friend in Taiwan and asked her how it was... she was really suprised when I told her she was the first pax to use that seat on a rev flight.</font>
Old Feb 19, 04, 9:25 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
jjvan,

Do the B744s have new heating ovens that the A330s have? I've read conflicting reports that the B744s would have other things renovated besides the seats.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to my next trip in WBC next December.

- Pat
Old Feb 19, 04, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wiirachay:
jjvan,

Do the B744s have new heating ovens that the A330s have? I've read conflicting reports that the B744s would have other things renovated besides the seats.
</font>
No, the only thing changed is the WBC seats, WBC carpet(that really needed it) and the video system. However, they did need to change 1 galley unit, the one that held the video system, to hold the new and get ridd of the old. So now as you walk on at door 2 and go into the galley, you will see available meal cart stowage locations on the bottom right hand side. This is were the bank of VCR's were. Granted the VCR area used to be on the AC left side right infront of the lav.
Old Feb 20, 04, 8:09 am

To elaborate on jjvan's comments: In addition to the new A330-style seats, the retrofitted WBC on 744s are getting the A330 WBC-style AVOD IFE system -- 10.4" screens, audio-video on demand, etc. They are also getting 110V power outlets in each WBC seat. No changes at this time for coach class, though...

No, the only thing changed is the WBC seats, WBC carpet(that really needed it) and the video system.</font>

[This message has been edited by Sankaps (edited Feb 22, 2004).]
Old Feb 22, 04, 10:21 am

Anyone have any pictures of the new WBC on the 747-400? I looked through airliners.net but could not find any with the new WBC installed. If anyone has a picture of it they should consider posting it. Is the seat configuration exactly the same as before?
Old Feb 22, 04, 2:26 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kholtz:
Anyone have any pictures of the new WBC on the 747-400? </font>
Here's a few...

OOOPS! My bad... yes, these are the A330, my friend who flew back to Taipei on 6309 is suppose to be sending me some she took. I'll post those soon.

[This message has been edited by thezipper (edited Feb 22, 2004).]
Old Feb 22, 04, 3:34 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thezipper:
Here's a few...</font>
Those seem like pictures of WBC on the A330.
Old Mar 5, 04, 11:09 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by keithguy:
Those seem like pictures of WBC on the A330.</font>
BUMP!!

Old Mar 5, 04, 1:18 pm
azj

So... what's the final tally and ship number registry for the new WBC? Going in 2 weeks on a 744 hopefully in WBC and looking forward to the new seat!

AZJ

Search this Thread
Search Engine: