New Route Bonus - DTW-MTY

Old Jan 23, 08, 12:45 am
Original Poster

New Route Bonus - DTW-MTY

Heres the link. http://www.nwa.com/offers/dtwmty/?om...123.tp1.DTTMTY
Old Jan 23, 08, 1:06 am

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
While it's a long flight on an RJ, I'm glad to see new service into MTY, which now only has CO/IAH and AA service. NW did MTY-MEM a few years back.

Award space alert: keep in mind Aeromexico does MTY-MAD; the DTW-MTY opens connection possibilities, and the airport is very easy to transit. Not sure if there's sterile transit as virtually all inbound international passengers have destination Mexico.
Old Jan 25, 08, 2:48 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Since they are IAH-MTY you have to watch how they get you to IAH. If you are on discount fare you don't want to be on CO metal and lose EQM/EQS.
Old Jan 25, 08, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Hilton Diamond, IC Plat Amb , Marriott LTP
I just did MKE-IAH-MTY this past week. I would have rather done it on NW metal, but I was on CO on an S class fare someone else purchased for me.

Now that NW goes down, I may get down there more frequently. Nice addition to the destination list, MTY is a beautiful place!!!!
Old Jan 25, 08, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt, AA, HH Gold, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Viajero Joven View Post

Award space alert: keep in mind Aeromexico does MTY-MAD; the DTW-MTY opens connection possibilities, and the airport is very easy to transit. Not sure if there's sterile transit as virtually all inbound international passengers have destination Mexico.
great point to keep in mind!
Old Jan 26, 08, 4:08 am

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Originally Posted by NWAsilvELITE View Post
Nice addition to the destination list, MTY is a beautiful place!!!!

Beautiful isn't the first word that comes to mind..... but it is a good business destination with high revenue potential, for sure: lots of folks pay the $200+ premium to fly the extra 150 miles from MTY vs. WN match fares from HRL. I always found it funny to watch flight attendants do a meal service for the entire 737 on the 35 minute IAH-MTY years back when I lived in MTY.

Search this Thread