Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Q: [2008] NW Elite upgrades on AS (Alaska Airlines)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2008, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Location: NYC, ROC, HNL, PEN, BKK, KUL, SIN (check out http://my.flightmemory.com/kkua)
Programs: DL Diamond charter member; 2 million miler (45% from NWA, 2MM achieved 5/2018)

Can´t find anywhere on NWA.COM, so I´m throwing this out there. Anybody know what´s the upgrade policy (for 2008) on AS? Do we still need upgrade vouchers? Also, would Mexico flights be ineligible?
Old Jan 19, 2008, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by kkua
Can´t find anywhere on NWA.COM, so I´m throwing this out there. Anybody know what´s the upgrade policy (for 2008) on AS? Do we still need upgrade vouchers? Also, would Mexico flights be ineligible?
The electronic upgrade certs should be good until Feb 29th of this year. I checked the old link that you signed up to get new certs, and it still lists the 2007 ones. I believe they changed over to just showing your gold or plat cards to the AS agent. I'd check this thread for more info.

Last edited by Jaimito Cartero; Jan 19, 2008 at 8:57 pm
Old Jan 20, 2008, 2:49 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Talking I'm hoping AS upgrade is unchanged.

I prefer getting my upgrade 24 hours prior using ecerts than gate upgrade simply so that I know in advance my upgrade status. I've had 75% success rates on AS flights with these ecerts. I've exhausted all 8 of my Gold Ecerts, and since I qualified for NW Platinum in November, I requested 8 more certs. I started going through my second set of Ecerts.

Jiburi
Old Jan 20, 2008, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I think I might have a heart attack. I just successfully used an AS upgrade certificate -- and that never happens for me.

Some of you may know my heart ache with these certs. I was only successful in using the cert on one flight last year (SEA-PVR) only to have my upgrade taken away from me at the gate!

I'm flying SEA-SFO today and returning on Tuesday. Of course, SEA-SFO is booked full so no upgrade there but she was happy to upgrade the return on Tuesday. The certs technically aren't supposed to work until 24 hours before the flight.

Let's see if they take away my upgrade when I check-in at SFO. I can't imagine they would because I won't be the last person to be upgraded, but you never know...

So to answer the OP's question, it appears these certs are still working on AS even though Plat members get "unlimited upgrades at the gate" - meaning they put your name on the FC waiting list when you check-in at the airport and request to be put on the list. I'm pretty sure the AS OLCI system does not offer you free upgrades at the moment.

-RM
Old Jan 20, 2008, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Rob - I'm also flying SEA-SFO on AS today. Any chance you're on the 6:25 AS498 flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.