Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Exciting NWA Great Race promo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by nwacked
I am so excited too. Imagine--flying Northwest for the past 40 years, through thick and thin, through merger rumor not to mention dropping the "Orient", only to stay by this long, and still to excitingly be present for the WORST PROMOTION EVER!!!
An overly complex promotion aimed at most anyone except NWA's most loyal customers. By previously encouraging those around me to fly NWA, I've effectively excluded all of us from eligibility. Short of whoring around strangers like magazine sellers. How decidedly unexciting.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:17 pm

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
When I got the e-mail late last night, I read it THREE times and I still missed the part about "new bookings only"! Like many others here, I am completely booked up with over 60K+ EQM's through the end of March.

So for me, and maybe for others, the solution appears to be....find 2 or 3 family/friends who have not flown NW for awhile, then take them along with you on a new trip to Europe or Asia in April or May. That should easily total at least 25K flown miles between all of you, so everyone gets 20K bonus miles also.

Or did I miss something else in the mountain of fine print????

It appears that some folks at NW have been spending too much time in AMS thinking up these promotions. Between smoking strange substances and learning how to say "that is not possible", they have managed to come up with a horribly complicated promotion that will appeal to very few people!!
Old Jan 16, 2008, 2:59 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Hmmm, I booked one this morning, does that count?
Maybe. Yet I suspect that the promotion and ticket purchase are both date and time stamped. One way to find out.

This promotion is going to be more a lesson in persistance for existing customers, then introducing new customers. Granted, no publicity is bad publicity... this is just taking that mantra a bit far!

Steve B.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 6:08 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Looking for some partners

I will easily fly 12.5K miles maybe by even early March. Please PM if you interested.

Thanks
Old Jan 16, 2008, 7:52 am
2mg

Originally Posted by mrcimino1
they have managed to come up with a horribly complicated promotion that will appeal to very few people!!
It appeals to me. I love a good challenge, will certainly take this one on. My only question is if you join someone's team and don't fulfill your commitment what will happen? Awkward situation.

That said, is it better to start a team or join one?

Thoughts.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 8:00 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
?

So here's a question. What if I register with a teammate. She has not flown on NWA since 1/1/2006 BUT we will both fly at the end of Feb on a flight that was booked prior to registration (so that flight will be ineligible). Will that then make her an in-eligible teammate? (Because she will have flight miles credited before we take an eligible flight).

C.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 8:49 am

Programs: DL, AA
And what if the flights have been purchased, but not associated with my WP account? Does anyone think they would get by?
Old Jan 16, 2008, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by ocdb8r
So here's a question. What if I register with a teammate. She has not flown on NWA since 1/1/2006 BUT we will both fly at the end of Feb on a flight that was booked prior to registration (so that flight will be ineligible). Will that then make her an in-eligible teammate? (Because she will have flight miles credited before we take an eligible flight).

C.
Interesting question. My guess ( and its only a guess ) would be that the 1/1/2006 date is only relevant from the standpoint of registering your teammate. Any non-eligible miles they fly after they are registered should make no difference. Maybe !

Has anyone tried registering a teammate who is not eligible because they have flown miles since 1/1/2006 ?
Old Jan 16, 2008, 10:04 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
I think they should have excluded anyone who has flown on any airline since Jan 06.........

But seriously, this is what the rules state:

"Teammates must be WorldPerks members who have not earned WorldPerks miles for travel since January 1, 2006"

So you can fly NW all you want as long as you don't record it as WP miles.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 2:07 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Been examining this closely. Unfortunately, so many of my non-flying friends flew NWA to HNL in March, 2006.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:46 am

still have room for 1 more on our team

We have room for one more team member. We already have 2 trips booked that will qualify for the promotion. Anyone who is qualified to be a team member and wants in, please PM Jaimito Cartero (see post #1).

Thanks.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I'm so excited that I may barf or wet my pants...can't decide which. But, I am excited
Old Jan 17, 2008, 11:12 am

Great Race

Anyone care to get a team together for this promo?

Last edited by Fibinachi; Jan 17, 2008 at 11:21 am
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
New Exciting NWA Great Race promo

YGPM Thanks
Originally Posted by Fibinachi
Anyone care to get a team together for this promo?
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by mikey1003
I'm so excited that I may barf or wet my pants...can't decide which. But, I am excited
Why choose only one? You can do both!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.