Community
Wiki Posts
Search

available seats on NWA.com?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2008, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

available seats on NWA.com?

Previous to purchasing other tickets on nwa.com I would check to see how many seats were available on my desired flights and thus gauge whether I could afford to wait longer to see if there would be any further drops in airfare before purchase.

I am not seeing the "seats available" option when flights are shown. Is there any way I can see how full my desired flights are getting?

Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by norske
Previous to purchasing other tickets on nwa.com I would check to see how many seats were available on my desired flights and thus gauge whether I could afford to wait longer to see if there would be any further drops in airfare before purchase.

I am not seeing the "seats available" option when flights are shown. Is there any way I can see how full my desired flights are getting?

Thanks for your help.
There is a line on the right hand side of the proposed flight that says : "View Seat Map ».
Old Jan 6, 2008, 3:53 pm

And don't forget that seat maps are typically not available more than 90 days prior to the flight.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by cjheck
And don't forget that seat maps are typically not available more than 90 days prior to the flight.
Very good point.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Aha! cjheck hit the nail right on the head!

I was looking at a flight in May.

I backed it up to within the 90-day window and there was the seatmap I was remembering from the old nwa.com just where avidflyer said it would be.

Thanks for the assistance, folks! ^
Old Jan 6, 2008, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Also keep in mind that there is not a 1 to 1 mapping of tickets sold to seats allocated. Tickets can be sold without having a seat assigned, and thus not taking up a space on the seat map.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 8:53 pm

Programs: NW, MR SE,
Seat availability

I don't know how accurate this is, but this site shows various ticket class availability that can be used to decide how fast the seats are filling. Due to the limitation of one digit for each class, you can't really know how empty the plane is.

HJ
Old Jan 14, 2008, 8:56 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Apparently the seat maps can be misleading. I wanted to use 'FlyNow/Standby' Friday morning to leave for DTW earlier in the day. Thursday I looked at seat maps by looking at flights using the reservation booking engine. There were many seats on several flights so I didn't check in at 23:59. So I get up at midnight and check flynow and get no options. When I called nwa.com to try to find out what was happening he tells me that many times there are rather full flights and the seats are issued by the GA just before boarding. Why they wouldn't want to 'show' these seats prior to the mad dash at the gate is beyond me. That was his explanation why I was not presented with any flynow/standby options. Go figure. Another hiccup in the new software, perhaps?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.