Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Flying WBC dtw-cdg are we entitled to use arrival lounge in Paris?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2008, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: *Wood Gold, Hyatt Plat, AA Gold, UA 1K

flying ewr-dtw and then dtw-cdg in March and first time on a NW international flight. I have searched all over flyertalk for a few weeks and still no true answer to this question. Which arrival lounges/clubs are we entitled to use in Paris? We are not members of any airline clubs, but was thinking of the temporary worldclub membership, but we get that admission with wbc seating.

Please clarify for me...thanks!!!
Old Jan 6, 2008, 9:40 am

Programs: DL, ZSR, MHD ;)
Originally Posted by NJTravelers
flying ewr-dtw and then dtw-cdg in March and first time on a NW international flight. I have searched all over flyertalk for a few weeks and still no true answer to this question. Which arrival lounges/clubs are we entitled to use in Paris? We are not members of any airline clubs, but was thinking of the temporary worldclub membership, but we get that admission with wbc seating.

Please clarify for me...thanks!!!
As long as you fly WBC you can get into AF lounge in CDG. I never used the AF arrival lounge in CDG, but used a few times the AF lounge in 2E terminal when either flying WBC or with my NW WorldClub card or as a NW PE (SkyTeam Elite Plus) flying an international itinerary.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 10:14 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass, lots of old plastic claiming to be precious metal
Originally Posted by NJTravelers
This lounge is certainly available to arriving Air France Business Class pax and I've used it myself on a few occasions. Skyteam Business Class should get equal treatment, but you might have to be firm with the dragons. (See AirFrance website extract below.)

Not all that easy to find, as it's tucked away in a corner in Terminal 2C, opposite gate C2. You may need to wait a few minutes before a shower becomes free, so get your name down as soon as you arrive.

Unless you are in transit, you will probably have luggage with you, which doesn't make getting to (or around) 2C any easier. I think the AF arrivals lounge will look after it for you, but I've always been in transit so can't be sure on this point. (The BA arrivals lounge in LHR T4 is excellent in this respect, giving you a numbered token for clear identification.)

From airfrance.com (At the airport/Lounges):

Acces(sic) conditions

You can use Air France's and SkyTeam's lounges if you fly on an Air France, KLM or SkyTeam flight and if :
• you fly in L'Espace Premičre (First) or L'Espace Affaires (Business),
• you are a Flying Blue Gold or Platinum, SkyTeam Elite Plus, or Club 2000 member,
you travel as a first class or business class passenger on an international SkyTeam flight.

Arrivals Lounge

Feel fresh and relaxed when you arrive at Paris/Charles-de-Gaulle

• spacious shower stalls
• clothes pressing service
• a substantial breakfast
• Business and Communications space (telephone, fax, PC, free Internet access)
• international newspapers
• an area with LCD screens
• reservations service for those traveling to Paris
Location: Paris/Charles-de-Gaulle, Terminal 2C : outside the customers area, opposite gate C2

Hours: 5:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: *Wood Gold, Hyatt Plat, AA Gold, UA 1K
Thank you all very much for clarifying those points!!!
Old Jan 6, 2008, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
confirming everything satprof said, and yes, there is an area to store your bags.

Be sure to take advantage of the clothes pressing service they offer while you take a shower.

Also be sure to use the bookmark on the iMacs for FlyerTalk.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 5:27 am

Question So......

As a NW Gold Elite flying AF "coach", it looks like I won't be able to use the AF lounges then at CDG? Just checking to avoid the potential salvos......

T
Old Jan 30, 2008, 9:39 am

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
As with the rest of SkyTeam, you need to be Elite Plus (NWA Platinum) to get lounge access on international flights.

Originally Posted by Tedeman
As a NW Gold Elite flying AF "coach", it looks like I won't be able to use the AF lounges then at CDG? Just checking to avoid the potential salvos......

T
Old Jan 30, 2008, 9:59 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Good luck getting in on Y though even as a PE. The first time I had no problems, the second time I was told that Skyteam Elite Plus does not work at the Arrivals lounge. I did get in anyway on an "exception" but she claimed it was not allowed.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 10:19 am

If I'm travelling on a Business class seat, and I have a friend who will be connecting in Paris at the same time, can I bring her as a guest?
Old Jan 31, 2008, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by kreeft
If I'm travelling on a Business class seat, and I have a friend who will be connecting in Paris at the same time, can I bring her as a guest?
I'd give it a try. You can also ask over in the AF forum where they have a special thread just for the CDG arrivals lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.