FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Ams-iah On 737 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/774440-ams-iah-737-a.html)

Exleftseat Jan 3, 2008 3:42 am

Ams-iah On 737

Has anyone flown the 737 Private Air operated
KL/NW codeshare on this route? How are the
seats? Is it a KL inflight crew? Same lousy
service? Appreciate your insight.

florin Jan 3, 2008 4:21 am

You may get more info on the KL forum, since technically that's a KL flight (operated by PrivatAir, KL crew).

Exleftseat Jan 3, 2008 4:35 am

That is an excellent idea. However, if there are any
NW FTs that have taken this flight please share your
experience here.

Blank Sheet Jan 3, 2008 5:20 am

BostonBali has. Check in Trip Reports or search for BB's posts.

Watchful Jan 3, 2008 7:33 am

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT (Post 8994450)
Has anyone flown the 737 Private Air operated
KL/NW codeshare on this route? How are the
seats? Is it a KL inflight crew? Same lousy
service? Appreciate your insight.

I am flying the Privatair IAH-AMS in April. It will be interesting. (Return flight on the NW AMS-MEM.)

bostonbali Jan 3, 2008 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Blank Sheet (Post 8994658)
BostonBali has. Check in Trip Reports or search for BB's posts.

Somebody rang? :)

I did fly this flight last summer. I recommend it, if for no other reason than the novelty of flying with only 47 other PAX. It was a cool experience, and I would definitely do it again. Here is my trip report, complete with pics. let me know if you have any specific questions after reading the report.

BB.

Blank Sheet Jan 3, 2008 9:06 am

Hadn't seen you hanging out with us much so I took the liberty. Glad to see you didn't jump ship for 1world or *A. :)

WineIsGood Jan 3, 2008 9:37 am

I flew this route about a year and a half ago - here's my review:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547235&page=2

RobOnLI Jan 3, 2008 10:10 am

Do NW WP members still not earn EQM/EQS on PrivatAir flights? (e.g. the KL AMS-IAH flight).

-RM

bostonbali Jan 3, 2008 11:08 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI (Post 8996036)
Do NW WP members still not earn EQM/EQS on PrivatAir flights? (e.g. the KL AMS-IAH flight).

-RM

I'm not sure that's the case. I know CO people don't earn miles on this flight, but I did not see those exclusions for NW people.

Blank Sheet - No fears about me crossing over to the darkside (*A or OW), I'm still a ST guy through and through. Even more so, now that I'm in the process of moving to the Skyteam-mecca known as DTW... :)

fairviewroad Jan 3, 2008 2:47 pm

Everytime I see this thread title I think it's going to be about Amish people on a 737.

sbagdon Jan 3, 2008 4:03 pm

I'm all for the idea of trying something new, and it sure sounds like a fun ride. Yet the idea of flying 1075 miles south to fly 5012 miles north-east, when I can just fly 3940 miles east, is at some level confusing.

Back to the "hey, sounds like fun" argument... can this be redeemed at the PerkSaver WBC level?

Steve B.

uncertaintraveler Jan 3, 2008 4:04 pm

Portions of the post that previously appeared in this space have been deleted. I would provide you with a reason why, but doing so would likely be against the TOS.

Xyzzy Jan 3, 2008 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by sbagdon (Post 8998571)
I'm all for the idea of trying something new, and it sure sounds like a fun ride. Yet the idea of flying 1075 miles south to fly 5012 miles north-east, when I can just fly 3940 miles east, is at some level confusing.

1) more EQM/RDM 2) more time to sleep

sbagdon Jan 3, 2008 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by xyzzy (Post 8998650)
1) more EQM/RDM 2) more time to sleep

No arguments, valid logic. Yet sometimes, it's fun to get on a plane, get off a plane, and be there... :)

Steve B.