Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Need 75,000 Miles for Platinum Elite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need 75,000 Miles for Platinum Elite

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2003, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kdinino:
I'm a newbie, and to be honest, I don't know if I want to be with the "in" crowd. Last time I checked this site wasn't FT Country Club.</font>
  • All of my postings to this thread are done so for clean fun.
  • Recently, I have been lurking (and not posting to) this forum … and my role will continue to stay as such. Personally, I welcome each and every posting … the more postings/participation, the better FlyerTalk will be!
  • As most people know, I sometimes rant when somebody adds a fabricated and/or embellished posting designed to make NW look bad (e.g. I flew on an ancient DC-9 – it didn’t even have overhead bins! – from ORD-LAX).
  • Again, my postings to this thread are in good, clean fun… it’s just a way to poke fun at the endless questions (e.g. can I transfer my miles to another program? what will to my miles when NW declares bankruptcy? when will NW retire their DC-9? will NW acquire used B727?).

Old Apr 15, 2003, 3:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kdinino:
I'm a newbie, and to be honest, I don't know if I want to be with the "in" crowd. Last time I checked this site wasn't FT Country Club.

I may ask a random question or two, but I have helped out FTers w/ free coupons and help when necessary.
</font>
Please don't be offended or put off! As IP said, our posts are in jest, and rest assured, they are all directed at one poster who lobs up shots we just have to slam back at him/her.

Welcome to FT, and we hope you stick around!
Old Apr 15, 2003, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
I just got a new set of NW jammies with the new paint scheme. Will I get bonus miles at Hilton or Red Roof Inn? Which one has the between beds?

------------------
I like work..it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.
Old Apr 15, 2003, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Please see also:
Will Wal-Mart Honor My Ticket If United Vegetates
757 transcon question

------------------
View from the Wing: A blog about Free Miles and Free Markets
Old May 19, 2003, 10:44 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond
In honor of FFF3, it's time to resurrect this thread.

Couple of questions from an NW oldie:

Why did they name it "Fly Free Faster 3"? That's not very original! Why not "Fly Free Faster 2003" or "Fly Faster Free 2003"? Since this is 2003 and the third year, why not incorporate "2003" somewhere, since the number "3" is in the year too? Maybe the marketing geniuses at Landis could have applied their heads to this, since they're done messsing up the logo for another ten years or so.

The website says to register May 15. What if I registered May 17 – am I still eligible for the promo?

If I shop at the WP Mall using my AS Visa, will I still get partner credit? Do I need to spend $25, even though I’m not using an NW Visa?

Also, if I go to an idine restaurant but credit the miles to AS, will I get partner credit, since I dined at a qualifying restaurant during the promo period?

If as an NW Gold, I don’t get upgraded PHX-MSP, and I buy a beer while seated in Y, will I get partner credit? Do I have to buy more than $25 of beer? Is James Page a partner?

What if I don’t read the Terms and Conditions, and then I don’t comply with a promo requirement – do you think NW will still give me credit, since I was ignorant of the rules? I heard if you complain to WP, they'll always give you miles no matter what. They have some crazy "Customers First" policy - what is this? Do I get partner credit?

If I buy 5000 miles for my qualifying activity, then dispute the credit card charge, will it still be qualifying?

If I fly MSP-PHX on a 753 with the new paint scheme, does that count as a qualifying flight, or must all activity be on the old livery? What’s a livery?

What day will the miles post to my account? Can I credit the FFF3 miles to my HP account?

What about NW codeshares on DL – when will they start, and do they count as qualifying activities?

Since I’m an NW Gold, do my purchases at the WP Mall get 100% bonuses? If I spend $12.50, that’d get me the bonus miles much cheaper!

Finally, and off-topic, I must repeat my classic question – why does anyone fly NW WBC? I’ve seen the pictures on airliners.net, and they look very substandard! Clearly HP is the superior airline, especially now that they've cut out much of their F and Y meal services!

WA
-------------------
God bless HP, after all, we're all part owners!

NW: Gold
HP: Gold
AS: Dirt, soon to earn more miles with credit card
AA: Crap but trying to earn Dirt
CO: Co? What company?
DL: Lower than Dirt
Old May 19, 2003, 11:35 am

Location: Madison, WI, USA; NW Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Western Airlines:
In honor of FFF3, it's time to resurrect this thread.</font>
Does flying between seat count as a qualifying activity?

Old May 20, 2003, 6:50 pm

I fly regularly on the beach market 742s, but there is no sand or shoreline on the a/c. Can I get some kind of u/g or coupon, in addition to a refund, and still keep the miles?
Old May 21, 2003, 10:45 pm

Dude, you've got to fly CO!

Work Hard, Fly Right, Pay Alot
Old Jul 4, 2003, 5:05 am

Bump....

(just for fun - it's a holiday in the U.S.!)
Old Jul 4, 2003, 7:01 am

Programs: DL, ZSR, MHD ;)
I followed the advice in this thread and accrued 75,003 miles. How do I get rid of those 3 miles?

------------------

--Jano
Old Jul 4, 2003, 7:52 pm

On New Year's Eve, at all NW hubs, they board planes and tugs push them around the apron in reverse to subtract miles from WP accounts.
Old Jul 6, 2003, 5:31 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IndustrialPatent:
  • All of my postings to this thread are done so for clean fun.
  • Recently, I have been lurking (and not posting to) this forum … and my role will continue to stay as such. Personally, I welcome each and every posting … the more postings/participation, the better FlyerTalk will be!
  • As most people know, I sometimes rant when somebody adds a fabricated and/or embellished posting designed to make NW look bad (e.g. I flew on an ancient DC-9 – it didn’t even have overhead bins! – from ORD-LAX).
  • Again, my postings to this thread are in good, clean fun… it’s just a way to poke fun at the endless questions (e.g. can I transfer my miles to another program? what will to my miles when NW declares bankruptcy? when will NW retire their DC-9? will NW acquire used B727?).
</font>
I don't want good clean fun, I want the sarcastic humour (as a newbie) I have learned to be subjected too. I want to read for the 100th time the question (still unanwered) "Why no stickeys?"
I want to know why no one directed you to "The Primer?"
I want to know why this forum does not have the programing smart people other forums appear to have?
I want to know why when I post it does not revert to my post, but goes right back to the first post in the thread?

Just kidding. BTW I like your sense of humour

[This message has been edited by jimc_usa (edited 07-06-2003).]
Old Jul 21, 2003, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

When will NW purchase the B737NG? They only purchased the A320 to begin with because they needed slots at CDG... now that they have them, shouldn't they dump the A319/A320 for Boeings?

NW's the worst airline in the world -- the fact that they purchased the A330 over the B767 proves it! BOEING IS BETTER!

Will NW purchase KL's MD-11?

- - -

Smile! Your mother could've put you on ... um, Continental
Old Jul 21, 2003, 9:45 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IndustrialPatent:

Smile! Your mother could've put you on ... um, Continental
</font>

This is one single funniest thing I have read on FT fr a while! I love it (and totally agree with it!). Thanks, IP
Old Jul 22, 2003, 12:31 am

I am surprised the person who this thread is directed at hasn't acted/said anything.

[This message has been edited by cab747 (edited 07-22-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.