Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Need 75,000 Miles for Platinum Elite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need 75,000 Miles for Platinum Elite

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2002, 9:48 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IndustrialPatent:
I'm thinking about flying MSP-LGA in the near future, but not 100% sure. How crowded are these flights usually? What are my chances of getting bumped? What day should I pick to increase my chances of a bump?
</font>
LOL, I just did that flight yesterday.
Old Dec 24, 2002, 10:42 am

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, United PE, Marriott Platinum
Looks like Industrialpatent had too much eggnog already.

BA Fan
Old Dec 24, 2002, 12:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Actually I think he's said, "Yes I Cannabis!" one too many times.
Old Dec 24, 2002, 12:14 pm

You forgot the smiley face.
Old Feb 17, 2003, 1:38 am
Original Poster

I have some more questions.

I am Silver Elite on both NW and AA. I am looking for domestic upgrade certs. Please help me.

I have 500 WorldPerks miles. Can I transfer these to another program like HHonors?

How come NW doesn't fly their B744s domestically?

[This message has been edited by IndustrialPatent (edited 02-17-2003).]
Old Feb 17, 2003, 6:49 am

Programs: DL, ZSR, MHD ;)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IndustrialPatent:
How come NW doesn't fly their B744s domestically?</font>
Because they fly their B749s domestically

Old Feb 17, 2003, 7:03 am

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
I suppose another reason for not flying the -400s domestic is to not end up in CH 11 like UAL .

I miss the -200s between ORD and MSP, and SEA-MSP as well as the -400s between MSP and DTW when the AC were rotated however I would rather see NW remain relatively financial stable and utilize their AC more effectively.

On the other hand, UAL had an issue a couple of years ago that forced them to fly -400s domestic. The situation was along the lines of their crews not getting enough takeoffs/landings in a given period (This was shortly after one of their -400s almost took out some apartments and trees at SFO on the way to Oz). The result was to move some -400s to domestic where their crews could get some more TOs and Landings per govt.

Perhaps given the differances in NW routes where they fly the -400s beyond NRT and KIX that may give their crews the TOs and Landings on a more regular basis than UAL?
Old Feb 17, 2003, 1:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond
You're kidding, right?

Federal Aviation Regulations require three landings in the previous 90 days for currency, and they must be to a full stop if at night. I don't think the requirements are any stricter for ATP's.

I myself have some more questions.

I am going to AMS soon. I got 36A on the 744. Will NW vacuum the floor in front of my seat prior to leaving DTW? Will they clean the window so I can see AMS? Can I ask the captain to run the number two engine at a lower power setting so I can sleep? I know my fare is not eligible for miles upgrade to WBC, but can I flash my HP gold card at an FA and get the upgrade anyway? Also, what section of the 744 has the best-looking FA's?

Now that they're searching random cars entering PHX, can I flash my gold card at the cops to get in an Express Inspection lane? Which card has more clout, NW or HP gold or even HH silver?

Which is your favorite parking spot at PHX?

Can you tell me if NW 67 will be on time into DTW Feb 27?
Old Feb 17, 2003, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
&lt;&lt;&lt;You're kidding, right?&gt;&gt;&gt;
Nope, not kidding. A couple of years back UAL bumped up against the reg. and had to quickly get landings in for their -400 crews or face flight cancelations until they did.
Old Apr 14, 2003, 12:26 am
Original Poster

How come NW doesn't fly B744 between Minneapolis and St. Paul? After all, there's SOOOOOOO much cargo between the two cities and cargo makes flights profitable!!!!

Cargo, Cargo, Cargo!!!!

If it wasn't for cargo, UA would be losing TRILLIONS of dollars.
Old Apr 14, 2003, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Northwest has the ugliest interiors of any airline! Do they have any plans to update them?

========================================

Allah praise Northwest/KLM and Continental!

NW/KL and CO: Platinum Elite many, many miles; DL: dirt, hoping the alliance will pull through
Old Apr 14, 2003, 9:30 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Northwest has the ugliest interiors of any airline! Do they have any plans to update them?

========================================

Allah praise Northwest/KLM and Continental!

NW/KL and CO: Platinum Elite many, many miles; DL: dirt, hoping the alliance will pull through
</font>
IP, thats a little TOO hawaiian for me... but might have been just what you needed on those CA flights
Old Apr 14, 2003, 11:56 am

The aircraft pictured was previously the convertible version of a 737.......
Old Apr 14, 2003, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
I'm a newbie, and to be honest, I don't know if I want to be with the "in" crowd. Last time I checked this site wasn't FT Country Club.

I may ask a random question or two, but I have helped out FTers w/ free coupons and help when necessary.

Old Apr 14, 2003, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kdinino:
I'm a newbie, and to be honest, I don't know if I want to be with the "in" crowd. Last time I checked this site wasn't FT Country Club.

I may ask a random question or two, but I have helped out FTers w/ free coupons and help when necessary.

</font>
I was very surprised to see this thread bumped up this morning. It seems to me that the poster this thread was originally meant for has really improved his posts lately. (I hope he keeps it up, too.)

It is one thing to ask a newbie question. It is quite another to not do a lick of work and ask crazy questions and always try to scam the system as suggested by the posts made several months ago.

Hope springs eternal that we can improve, otherwise why would we make new year's resolutions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.