Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Need 75,000 Miles for Platinum Elite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need 75,000 Miles for Platinum Elite

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2002, 8:12 am

I have a reservation on a Northwest flight that connects through Detroit, but US Air has a direct flight.

Can I stand by for the US Air flight and get miles for both NW segments and the US flight?

If I can, will US upgrade me based on my NW status even though I'm traveling on an award ticket? (I'm HP Silver)

Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2002, 10:11 am
Original Poster

What are my chances of getting bumped on flight 20 NRT-MSP on 4 November 2003?

[This message has been edited by IndustrialPatent (edited 12-14-2002).]
Old Dec 14, 2002, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Aren't we all waiting for something like this?

http://www.americana.ru/checkers_text.htm
Old Dec 14, 2002, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

I don't understand?

I was comp'd to silver, but I was only able to fly 1,364 miles. I don't want to fly coach next year... will NW let me keep my status since UA and US are bankrupt?
Old Dec 14, 2002, 4:11 pm

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
If you want to do a marathon Platinum Elite qualification your best bet would be to do it after January 1st, not in December, that would give you elite status through 2003-2004 and on through February 2005!
Old Dec 14, 2002, 8:34 pm

Yesterday, I bought 100 tickets really cheap from a guy on ebay selling National Airlines tickets. Can I get NW to honor them and comp my National and Midway status?
Old Dec 14, 2002, 8:56 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kb0fhp:
Yesterday, I bought 100 tickets really cheap from a guy on ebay selling National Airlines tickets. Can I get NW to honor them and comp my National and Midway status?</font>
I flew People Express in the Eighties from BRU to EWR and can prove it because I saved my boarding pass as a souvenir. I haven't flown since, but if I send a copy of my boarding pass to NW, will they comp me to Platinum Elite and let me use the Worldclubs for the rest of my life ?

Old Dec 15, 2002, 11:35 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by the wide chair:
I flew People Express in the Eighties from BRU to EWR and can prove it because I saved my boarding pass as a souvenir. I haven't flown since, but if I send a copy of my boarding pass to NW, will they comp me to Platinum Elite and let me use the Worldclubs for the rest of my life ?

</font>
No, however CO may since they purchased PE.

------------------
Not sure where I'm going, but I'm getting there fast.
Old Dec 15, 2002, 12:19 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by snake:
If you want to do a marathon Platinum Elite qualification your best bet would be to do it after January 1st, not in December, that would give you elite status through 2003-2004 and on through February 2005!</font>
But if what I finish the year with 73,427 miles, will they bump me up to Platinum? What if have 75K miles before February 2005? Where is there go to buy miles elite?

Also, what will happen if I post miles to my CO account in order to get bonus miles, cash out awards (only using the bonus miles portion), then have the flight miles retracted and placed in my NW account for credit. Do you think this will work?
Old Dec 15, 2002, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by J0HN:
But if what I finish the year with 73,427 miles, will they bump me up to Platinum? What if have 75K miles before February 2005? Where is there go to buy miles elite?
</font>
What if I finish the year with 4,400 miles? Will they bump me to Platinum? I'm a poor student and don't want to ride in the back .

[This message has been edited by IndustrialPatent (edited 12-15-2002).]
Old Dec 15, 2002, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IndustrialPatent:
What if I finish the year with 4,400 miles? Will they bump me to Platinum? I'm a poor student and don't want to ride in the back . </font>
LIAR!! You said in another post that you're a person of questionable repute. You should be able to sit on your sugermomma's lap with a seat belt extender thingie.

------------------
Not sure where I'm going, but I'm getting there fast.
Old Dec 15, 2002, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
While I love Flyertalk for several reasons, after reading this post, I have decided that the best thing about FT is that it proves to me that I am not the only person out there with way too much time on my hands.
Old Dec 15, 2002, 4:52 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mikeef:
While I love Flyertalk for several reasons, after reading this post, I have decided that the best thing about FT is that it proves to me that I am not the only person out there with way too much time on my hands.</font>
Indeed this post is humorous, but I agree.
Old Dec 15, 2002, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

NorthWorst has the cheapest fare for an upcoming trip I'm taking. How do I get them to comp my status? How can I convert the WorldPerks miles into HHonors Points or United Miles?

I'm Platinum Elite. My Real Doll requires her own seat. Will NW allow her to standby for a First Class seat?

I'm scheduled to fly in Y on the 747-400 tomorrow. Which lavatories are better -- the ones in front or the ones in the middle? What are the major differences between them? Will I get more toilet paper in one vs. the other?

[This message has been edited by IndustrialPatent (edited 12-16-2002).]
Old Dec 23, 2002, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

I'm thinking about flying MSP-LGA in the near future, but not 100% sure. How crowded are these flights usually? What are my chances of getting bumped? What day should I pick to increase my chances of a bump?

What are my chances of sitting next to Pamela Anderson on a DTW-LAX / LAX-DTW flight?

It's a well-known fact that NW has the least room in coach. Their seats have only 31-32" inches of pitch whereas every other carrier has 30-32" ... what an outrage!

How come NW doesn't offer International First, More Room Throughout Coach or Economy Plus?

Why doesn't NW paint their planes Canyon Blue?

Will NW purchase DL’s MD-11s?

The “express lane” in the security line states “First Class Passengers or Gold/Platinum Elites Only.” So if I’m a Silver Elite and I’ve received my EUA to First Class, I can’t use the express lane?!?

Will the plane make an emergency landing if I use the bathroom shortly before landing in NYC?

Now that UA and US have changed their status to bankrupt, will NW match?

UA and AA are better airlines than NW. NW's service is soooooo poor... why do you fly them?

When will this thread receive TransWorldOne's trademark scarcastic comment followed by ?

[This message has been edited by IndustrialPatent (edited 12-23-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.