Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Targeted NW - Hilton 50000 points + 1000 miles + Comped Gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted NW - Hilton 50000 points + 1000 miles + Comped Gold

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2003, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA Premier, IC Ambassador, HHONORS Diamond VIP, Priority Club Platinum
Hello All:

If anyone recieved the targeted promotion and is not planning to stay with Hilton (or its affiliates) send me an email at [email protected] I would love to put the promotion to good use by signing my wife up. I called CS, sounds like you need the account number off of the letter.

Best,

Paul

------------------
[email protected]
UAL Premier, Northwest Silver Elite, Hilton Diamond VIP
Old Sep 20, 2003, 12:42 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
michaelr,

That is for each STAY, not night.
Old Sep 20, 2003, 3:00 pm
ermdjdsf

quote:Originally posted by ermdjdsf:

[I posted:]

Any way of just converting the points into NW miles using a trade-in down the line?

[to which Michaelr. replied:]

You could. You'd get 1000 NW miles per the offer and the 50000 convert into 7500 NW miles. Not sure I'd do that though. Still a great deal 4 nights = 8500 miles. It'll be interesting to see if we get the normal 10 points a $ and 100/500 miles bonus per stay...

[My follow-up question:}

I looked on both the NWA and Hilton Honors website to figure out how to do such a conversion of points to NW miles and don't see anything. Is there a link to how I would go about converting HH points to NW miles once I earn the points?

Old Sep 20, 2003, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
[My follow-up question:}

I looked on both the NWA and Hilton Honors website to figure out how to do such a conversion of points to NW miles and don't see anything. Is there a link to how I would go about converting HH points to NW miles once I earn the points?

[/B]</font>
My bad. NWA does not participate in Hilton's reward exchange.
Old Sep 20, 2003, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally posted by parra:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I got this from United even though I've never been an elite with them.</font>
What was the HH offer code for UA? If we get that one, and the HH offer code for AA is AAAQ, perhaps we can deduce the HH offer code for NW.

Or to make it easier, does anyone know the offer code for the HH-NW promo?

Thank you, michaelr, for sharing the HH-NW offer code four posts below.

ACNW

[This message has been edited by SPN Lifer (edited 09-22-2003).]
Old Sep 21, 2003, 12:08 am

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum

Also, if anyone is not going to use the GOLD VIP card, please email me as I would love to. Strangely as a AA Platinum did not get anything... even as a UA PremExec... My wife and I are traveling to hilton on holiday next month and this would help TONS!!

Thanks if you cna help... if not, no worries.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
I got this too...funny thing is that I'm already HH Gold. I called a rep and they told me to go ahead and use the new one until I get all the associated bonuses, and then call and have my old and new accounts merged. A great deal for me, but I doubt it's was HH intended...
Old Sep 22, 2003, 5:04 pm

Is anyone willing to share the code for NW/HH?
Old Sep 22, 2003, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by djrules88:
Is anyone willing to share the code for NW/HH?</font>
ACNW
Old Sep 22, 2003, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally posted by rashby:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">It says that if you are already a HH member to call the customer service line to activate this offer. I am going to try this on Monday. If anyone else has let me know.</font>
So what happens when you call? Do they ask for the "new account number" specified on your mailing?

One bad thing about living in this part of the country is that bulk mail (anything but first class, and even sometimes that), travels by ship, taking two to three months. I routinely receive promo offers after they have expired.

If I was targeted, that is.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 6:50 pm
RKG

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SPN Lifer:
Originally posted by rashby:
It says that if you are already a HH member to call the customer service line to activate this offer. I am going to try this on Monday. If anyone else has let me know.</font>
So what happens when you call? Do they ask for the "new account number" specified on your mailing?

One bad thing about living in this part of the country is that bulk mail (anything but first class, and even sometimes that), travels by ship, taking two to three months. I routinely receive promo offers after they have expired.

If I was targeted, that is.
They do ask for the new account number as well as the new pin provided.

originally posted by: RKG

(I called in today. After a 15 minute wait, a rep helped me (I think). She insisted on switching my current account number for the new one on the targetted promo. I asked to keep my original account number, but was told "no, you have to use the new account number". I am concerned about this because I recently moved 45000 miles from Continental to Hilton. I am hoping they do not get lost in the black hole!)

Old Nov 14, 2003, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Okay, I got in on this promotion, but lost the paperwork. I just did my third stay,
but don't know how long I have to take the all important 20,000 point fourth stay.
Could someone dig up their paperwork and see when the mileage bonuses expire? Thanks
in advance.
Old Nov 15, 2003, 6:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Hilton and Air Canada Aeroplan FF program running an almost identical promo and several people have taken advantage of the offer and have been automatically assigned new account numbers. Most, however, have said the two accounts are then merger and they are asked if they'd like to keep the original account number of the new one. Too early, of course, to tell if any points go astray in the merger process.

As I have very little in my account at the moment, I think I'll phone on Mon. and see if I too can take advantage of this offer.
Old Nov 15, 2003, 11:43 pm

Programs: HYATT-Nothingness; Starwood-Nothingness; AA-Nothingness
I put in the link listed on the Air Canada elite programme:

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/aeroplan/index.aspx

and then I put in the ACNW code instead of ACAT ... it led me thru the process of signing up for a new account, but Im not sure if it put in the NWA bonus for the stays. Guess gotta wait and see what happens.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

michaelr

Sorry for pushing up an old thread BUT the 1000 NW miles component of this offer never posted and I had completely forgotten about it until today when it showed up with a posting date of Sept. 20, 2003.

I assume this means that someone complained to NW nd they must have decided to do a complete sweep of all accounts. Nice!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.